PDA

View Full Version : Starjammer Ruleset

swbuza
April 10th, 2017, 23:05
So, while perusing other threads, I found a brief reference to Starjammer. Rather than mucking up that thread, I wondered if I could convince people to say more about the following:

While we are waiting for Starfinder have you seen this (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/204420/Starjammer-Core-Rules&affiliate_id=200170) Springroll?

That's also coming to Fantasy Grounds :)

Yes it is :)

Do tell, please...

Talyn
April 10th, 2017, 23:14
Wookie420 contacted the designers awhile back and they were very excited to have Starjammer on Fantasy Grounds, and far as I know they and SmiteWorks have been in contact and it's a go. (Correct me if I'm mistaken there, Wook?)

I've been mentoring him on how to write professional-grade modules for Fantasy Grounds DLC. He's nearly finished with his first one now. Starjammer will come Soon™ (I think there are a few projects on his queue in front of it.)

I believe the current plan is for Starjammer to be regular DLC (modules and theme extension) that will run on the existing Pathfinder ruleset, that way everything works, no custom ruleset needs to be designed (those take hundreds of hours) and maintained. Every normal CoreRPG and PFRPG update that Fantasy Grounds gets will automatically benefit Starjammer that way.

Wookiee420
April 11th, 2017, 00:53
All of this is correct as far as I know. I personally talked to the publisher and writer and am under the understanding that all is good.

Tayln's mentorship has been extremely helpful and as he has said, I am very very close to done on my first project and getting ready to start my second.

Again, Scott is correct here, the current plan is theme/core/modules and running it on existing Pathfinder ruleset. Personally, I like to see settings with adventures in the store, it encourages me to pick things up faster so I assume others feel the same way. That being said, there is an amazing multiple module adventure path on its way, and as soon as I have access to that I will be starting work on it all (hopefully i will have it sooner than later) I plan to do as much of the materials in the SJ store as they allow me. I will, of course, keep you posted on everything especially because I will be "beta testing" the bejeezus out of my works so if you are interested in that then keep in touch...Keeping my Friday/Saturday GMing open for this game :p