PDA

View Full Version : New player LFG

hpdonat
April 10th, 2017, 08:30
looking for 5e or Pathfinder group. Available weekends. Ideally something long-term (Society or Adventure League), but willing to do one-offs or short campaigns. Feel free to message me.

Thanks,
Danny

damned
April 10th, 2017, 09:29
Hi Danny - just curious - did you join in anything over FG Con?

LordBalkoth
April 10th, 2017, 15:04
I know Wintermute (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?25524-Wintermute) is running a Pathfinder Strange Aeons Adventure Path on Saturday nights, could see if he still has room.

hpdonat
April 10th, 2017, 21:26
Hi Danny - just curious - did you join in anything over FG Con?

Unfortunately not. I had what could be considered a minor medical emergency that detained me all weekend. I guess on the bright side though, i did purchase a decent headset and the PHB in preparation for the event. So, at least now that;s all taken care of.

damned
April 11th, 2017, 00:28
Unfortunately not. I had what could be considered a minor medical emergency that detained me all weekend. I guess on the bright side though, i did purchase a decent headset and the PHB in preparation for the event. So, at least now that;s all taken care of.

I hope you are feeling much better now!

Trenloe
April 11th, 2017, 00:40
Ideally something long-term (Society or Adventure League), but willing to do one-offs or short campaigns.
Pathfinder Society and D&D Adventurers League are organized play that are really a set of one-off adventuress that different GMs can run and different sets of players at each adventure. Yes, there is an underlying campaign storyline. But if you're looking for a long term campaign with the same GM and player, I'd recommend you don't look at these.

hpdonat
April 11th, 2017, 16:49
I hope you are feeling much better now!

Thanks, and yes doing much better. I'm currently working as a welder, and although not my chosen profession for now it does pay the bills. With that said, as a profession though, welding does have some significant inherent health hazards. I experienced on of them know as flash-burn, where ones skin or eyes are burned by the UV rays made by the welder. Unfortunately my eyes were burned and besides being painful, my vision was blurred for several days. It pretty much sucks, but I'm fine now. So thanks:)

hpdonat
April 11th, 2017, 17:06
Pathfinder Society and D&D Adventurers League are organized play that are really a set of one-off adventuress that different GMs can run and different sets of players at each adventure. Yes, there is an underlying campaign storyline. But if you're looking for a long term campaign with the same GM and player, I'd recommend you don't look at these.

I'm confused by your reply. Why wouldn't a GM or DM adhere to the structure of AL or Society while accommodating a long term group? I know more about AL than Society, but WOTC has a ton of story lines like Curse of Strahd or Storm King's Thunder which could keep a group occupied for months. I was under the impression that Society is similar.

damned
April 12th, 2017, 00:05
Adventurers League and the Pathfinder Society were designed to allow you to join with different players and a different GM each and every session. Many AL/PFS games are self contained one shots although many lead onto another adventure.

LordBalkoth
April 12th, 2017, 00:25
Why wouldn't a GM or DM adhere to the structure of AL or Society while accommodating a long term group?

I can only speak to my personal experiences when I gave Pathfinder Society a shot in real life...but each of the three times I went were separate one-shot adventures. Different people, different GMs, different scenarios. Entirely self-contained per weekly event.

The Basilisk
April 12th, 2017, 01:52
Hey brother man, I run a west marches style game with a couple other DM's. I and one other DM has the Ultimate license and the other the standsard. I run it all from a discord server. Feel free to PM me if you're interested! It's basically one shot, high death rate, hex crawl. It's really brutal, but fun because it REALLY emphasizes teamwork. I hope to see you there!