PDA

View Full Version : Lost Tokens

swbuza
April 10th, 2017, 04:57
I am having some trouble with tokens. Often, it will not list my whole series of token directories. I'll then close them and re-open them and all of the directories will appear. But sometimes it will require a restart.

Second issue is I started up a campaign this evening and all token images disappeared from both the NPCs and Encounters. I had to go back through the entire campaign and drag/drop tokens back into every NPC, and then every encounter.

What can cause this?

Moon Wizard
April 10th, 2017, 05:12
Have you reorganized your tokens at all in the folders? That would reset the tokens.

Also, how many tokens are we talking (both file count and total file size)? You may be hitting some limits, depending on what other things are loaded. You can try packaging tokens into modules, and load as needed to reduce the memory footprint for the tokens.

Regards,
JPG

swbuza
April 10th, 2017, 13:50
I have not reorganized my tokens. I have a total of 1,450 tokens taking up 162MB of disk space. None are in modules. All of them are in folders under host. Should I package each folder up into a token module and open the ones I need when I need them? Also, should my campaign tokens go under the campaign folder?

damned
April 10th, 2017, 14:15
I have less than 200 tokens in my \tokens directory plus about 500 in token modules. Tokens do take up more memory than you would expect and every loose token (not in a module) is loaded into memory on startup. As a test - move the tokens to a temp folder elsewhere and then retest.

Nickademus
April 10th, 2017, 14:41
Should I package each folder up into a token module and open the ones I need when I need them? Also, should my campaign tokens go under the campaign folder?

Yes to both.