PDA

View Full Version : The 5e handling of aligned Player companions /NPCs within Fantasy Grounds interface..

Laerun
April 9th, 2017, 22:45
How do you handle fantasy grounds 5e companions? Do you make them into NPCs stat sheets like monsters or into character sheets?Do you use the NPC monster sheets for an animal companion, summoned animal, or adventuring companion? I have a Ranger that has a Hawk, and a riding horse... HOw should that work? Should I make a custom NPC data sheet>?

~Laerun~

:confused:

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2017, 22:52
You can do either. For something as simple as an animal companion, or a summoned creature I'd just use the NPC sheet. For something more detailed like a henchman perhaps I'd create a PC.

LordEntrails
April 10th, 2017, 00:33
I have a group that loves to summon fire and water elementals. Most fights they have one or the other. In this case they created PC's to represent them, that way they could control them easier than if I was involved. Most other groups though I have just shared the appropriate NPC object with them.

Also, if you are not familiar with it yet. You can start a second instance of FG on your computer (if using Steam, a Mac or Linux, there are extra steps not listed below). Then select Join Game, input localhost as the connection. This allows you to connect as a player. You get to see what they see, you get to act in all regards just like a player, and you don't need a license.

Laerun
April 10th, 2017, 01:20
Ok, thanks, good to know...! TY, Well met and Happy Gaming!