PDA

View Full Version : Not All Info Exports In A Module?

JHale1966
April 9th, 2017, 10:42
Only tried this with the PF Ruleset - don't know if it does it with D&D as well.

I had the hopes of building a Campaign as a 'Game Table' with all the settings, backgrounds, decals and everything else already set (so I wouldn't have to try and remember for EACH game I was building), building a game in another Campaign and then exporting as a module to use at the 'Table'.

I tried this yesterday but found that the Module didn't contain the Masking info or any tokens that I had placed on the bottom layer (using the Enhanced Images Extension - and the extension IS selected for both campaigns). Did I miss a step or does the info just not carry over?

Not sure what else was missed.

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2017, 11:30
You can only export content that you create within the campaign. I'm reasonably sure that you should export without the enhanced images extension but it should work in the new campaign - although if you want to place things on another layer you'll have to do that in the new campaign(s).

Again I'm not certain but usersettings is stored in a file within the campaign in the folder called usersettings. Copying this over from the original to the new campaign might work. Also the other files like extensionstate, modulestate and windowstate might also work simply by copy/pasting into your new campaign.

Masked images are stored in a folder called maskedimages within the campaign folder. Again copy/pasting this into the new campaign might be all that is required. I suggest you do some experimenting :)

damned
April 9th, 2017, 11:35
Masking is campaign specific and will not export.
Information that is extension specific may or may not export and in this case its not just tokens using layers but all tokens that are not attached to actors will not export.

JHale1966
April 9th, 2017, 11:37
Before all this I had a campaign called 'Table Template' and after creating a new game, I would copy the contents of this folder over and build from there. The problem started as I started adding new things that I wanted in ALL of my games and had to remember which ones I updated and which ones I hadn't.

No biggie though, I can just go back to the 'old' way. :) I was just kinda hoping. :)

Thanks!

swbuza
April 9th, 2017, 15:47
Why on earth you can't pre-mask maps and send it out as part of a module is hard for me to understand. I don't really get the thinking behind this. Pre-masking the map is just as important as placing tokens in position.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2017, 16:10
Why on earth you can't pre-mask maps and send it out as part of a module is hard for me to understand.
It's a technical issue limited by how FG handles masking. Basically it's very hard to output (and subsequently handle) masks in a module without a major change to the FG architecture. Which won't happen in FG's current form.

Nickademus
April 9th, 2017, 19:14
You can get around this a couple ways.

For the masks, just copy the maskedimages folder into the new campaign like Zac mentioned. It works.

For the images, follow these directions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35249-Where-to-put-tokens-for-a-Module&p=304445&viewfull=1#post304445).

swbuza
April 9th, 2017, 22:52
Yes, I had figured that out myself already.