PDA

View Full Version : Help with module export?

Gwydion
April 7th, 2017, 17:01
Hey all. I need some help. I'm trying to come up with ideas on modules to run my 11 yr old daughter through who is really getting into fantasy grounds and 5e. I've run her through some small one-shots that I parsed and now I want to run her through Crow's Rest Island. Here is my question. I previously ran a group through Crow's Rest Island in another campaign and I added a bunch of sound links and things that made it easier for me to run the module. I guess I'm unclear if I can export the module completely from the "old" campaign and into a brand new one. I want to keep all the changes I made to it in terms of the sound link additions, etc but not sure if that is possible.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

LordEntrails
April 7th, 2017, 17:17
You can't export a modified Crow's Rest. But you can export an addendum to it (assuming DOE Sound exports!)

i.e. if you export from your previous campaign, you will get your modification to the module. So in your new campaign, open Crow's Rest, then open your addendum/modification module.

If you check out the Adventure Creation sticky in the Workshop forum, there is a section with the exact steps on doing all of this.

Gwydion
April 7th, 2017, 17:22
You can't export a modified Crow's Rest. But you can export an addendum to it (assuming DOE Sound exports!)

i.e. if you export from your previous campaign, you will get your modification to the module. So in your new campaign, open Crow's Rest, then open your addendum/modification module.

If you check out the Adventure Creation sticky in the Workshop forum, there is a section with the exact steps on doing all of this.

That makes complete sense. I do have your adventure creation thread stickied as well! Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

Nylanfs
April 7th, 2017, 17:39
While not directly helpful with the question here's a game company that you might like, their adventures aimed at younger players.

https://www.playgroundadventures.net/

Gwydion
April 7th, 2017, 18:01
While not directly helpful with the question here's a game company that you might like their adventures aimed at younger players.

https://www.playgroundadventures.net/

Yes, thank you for sending that link. I own Realmworks as well and I have been looking at this product for my younger daughter (8) who is interested in 5e but gets a little more scared with some of the "standard" modules. Pixies on parade is a free module within realmworks so I've thought about parsing it into fg to run both my girls through as I hadn't heard of it until realmworks released it on their platform.

Thanks again for the idea. I really liked heroes of high fantasy as well for younger players and ran both my girls through the two modules they have (Creaking in the Dark and Greenskin Diplomacy). Pretty basic, but they had fun.

Wookiee420
April 7th, 2017, 19:35
@Gwydion, did you post about your game with your daughter on FB recently? I think i read that, and if its you, nice work getting her into it early....Well, regardless, thats awesome getting her into it

Gwydion
April 7th, 2017, 20:18
Hey Wookiee420. I did post about it on twitter. I'm not a facebook guy, just never used it, but I am using twitter more and also communicating via discord. Thanks for the kudos! So glad she is enjoying it. I just remember opening those first couple books and being fascinated for hours/days/months reading about histories and monsters and knights, etc... I'm so glad she is getting the "itch" as well... :)

LordEntrails
April 7th, 2017, 20:55
Yes, thank you for sending that link. I own Realmworks as well and I have been looking at this product for my younger daughter (8) who is interested in 5e but gets a little more scared with some of the "standard" modules. Pixies on parade is a free module within realmworks so I've thought about parsing it into fg to run both my girls through as I hadn't heard of it until realmworks released it on their platform.

Thanks again for the idea. I really liked heroes of high fantasy as well for younger players and ran both my girls through the two modules they have (Creaking in the Dark and Greenskin Diplomacy). Pretty basic, but they had fun.
I noticed on there site they say they are hiring. Which tells me they are open to opportunities. Maybe if you convert to FG one of there modules and offer to show it to them, you could get paid to convert all of their stuff to FG? It would help them and us :)

Gwydion
April 7th, 2017, 21:58
I noticed on there site they say they are hiring. Which tells me they are open to opportunities. Maybe if you convert to FG one of there modules and offer to show it to them, you could get paid to convert all of their stuff to FG? It would help them and us :)

Hey LordEntrails. I'm sorry, which site are you referring to? The playground adventures site, Nord Games (heroes of high fantasy) or Realmworks? I think you mean playground adventures. If so, that's certainly a good idea!

LordEntrails
April 7th, 2017, 23:01
Hey LordEntrails. I'm sorry, which site are you referring to? The playground adventures site, Nord Games (heroes of high fantasy) or Realmworks? I think you mean playground adventures. If so, that's certainly a good idea!
Yes, Playground. The actual link is here (https://www.playgroundadventures.net/pg-is-hiring/). Since you might convert one for your own use, it's not drastically more effort to convert for publication. Lots of us can help you with advice as needed etc. Then it might even be a small income stream for you to buy more game stuff!

(EDIT: link fixed)

Lady Kali
May 3rd, 2017, 15:42
Hi there! We actually had spoken to Doug last year about putting our adventures in Fantasy Grounds, we just hadn't found anyone to handle the work and our own plates are full right now. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss. :)

BJ

Gwydion
May 3rd, 2017, 15:47
Hi there! We actually had spoken to Doug last year about putting our adventures in Fantasy Grounds, we just hadn't found anyone to handle the work and our own plates are full right now. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss. :)

BJ

Welcome to the forum Lady Kali! I will shoot you an email now.... :)

Lady Kali
May 3rd, 2017, 15:51
Thanks for the welcome! I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

Nylanfs
May 3rd, 2017, 17:11
Yea! Hiya BJ :)

Lady Kali
May 3rd, 2017, 17:13
Yea! Hiya BJ :) Hi! *waves*

Gwydion
May 13th, 2017, 19:07
Just a quick update, all. I just finished converting A Friend in Need into Fantasy Grounds. I sent it over to BJ this morning to see if someone on her end could proof it as you can only proof so much yourself! Hopefully she will be able to post it for sale either on Drivethrurpg or here soon. Will start working on the next one shortly. So, if anyone is looking for young kid friendly adventures, hopefully you will start seeing some available soon! I'm going to try to run my girls through a friend in need shortly as a playtest when I get time. I'll keep you all posted when it becomes available.