PDA

View Full Version : Game Calendar Feature request: Allow GM to add players to campaign

Bumamgar
December 20th, 2005, 22:16
Not sure if this should be here, or under House of Help, but figured since it has to do with the Game Calendar feature, this was the better place to post it...

I'd like the ability to add players to my campaign without having to set the campaign to "looking for players" and having them sign-up.

Basically, I have an already existing campaign that is currently full, but I'd like to add all the current players to the campaign. In the future, if someone drops out, or we decide to expand the group, we may be open for more players, but right now, we're not. However, I'd like to use the game calendar feature if possible, so I'd like to add each of the existing players to the campaign without giving others a false hope that the campaign is recruiting :(

Hope that made sense....

Ram Tyr
December 20th, 2005, 22:21
Sensible request!
Ramza

Dupre
December 20th, 2005, 22:23
You will be able to mark the campaign private (not a prerequisite though) and then invite players to your campaign. We actually tested this feature already, but we're sorting out the biggest bugs out of the way first.

NeoDante
January 3rd, 2006, 05:03
So I made a campaing on the calendar, how do I invite players?

Dupre
January 5th, 2006, 00:51
Open up a players profile and at the bottom of the page you should see a 'Invite X to your campaign' section.

Ablefish
January 5th, 2006, 19:15
Um, how do you open up a player's profile if they haven't posted to the forum? Am I looking in the wrong place? Maybe this could be added to the calendar screen?

gurney9999
January 5th, 2006, 20:09
The member list would normally be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/memberlist.php

but SW has disabled this functionality.

Ablefish
January 5th, 2006, 20:48
Hmm... hope this is sorted out soon. I was able to add one of my players because I knew he'd just signed up and was able to painfully adjust the address path until I found his user number. (Over 5200 users signed in to the forum, btw) :)

Toadwart
April 10th, 2006, 07:28
What happens after you invite a player? Do they get a PM telling them they have been invited? and/or do they have to visit the game calendar to accept the invitation?

DarkStar
April 10th, 2006, 09:22
What happens after you invite a player? Do they get a PM telling them they have been invited? and/or do they have to visit the game calendar to accept the invitation?
They see a box telling them they have been invited to play in a campaign with the campaign name, being a link to the game calendar page for that particular adventure. It shows itself just like your scheduled campaigns that you are playing in, top of the forums on community page.

And, yes, they have to accept it.

Wraith
April 10th, 2006, 09:46
What if you are in a campaign you no longer wish to be in is there a way to delete your character off of the campaign character list?

Cypher
April 10th, 2006, 17:38
What if you are in a campaign you no longer wish to be in is there a way to delete your character off of the campaign character list?

Drop a note to the DM asking them to remove you. Just put the request in the discussion area. If they're still active, I can't see why they wouldn't.

Toadwart
April 18th, 2006, 01:51
You will be able to mark the campaign private (not a prerequisite though) and then invite players to your campaign. We actually tested this feature already, but we're sorting out the biggest bugs out of the way first.

Do you also have to set the campaign to Accepting before you invite them?