PDA

View Full Version : Map question

John_Geeshu
December 20th, 2005, 16:55
As a new user of FG I have many questions. This one is about the maps that can be displayed:

If I am using a sprawling map is there any reliable way to enlarge portions of the map for use in encounters like combat without using the mouse wheel to zoom in? Zooming in enlarges the area but it becomes horribly blurred including the grid lines. I was thinking that I would need to redraw scaled images of each encounter room and export them into the campaign folder. Is there another way this can be accomplished. What do other users do?

Bumamgar
December 20th, 2005, 18:30
The mousewheel zoom is it. (Well, you can hold alt(?) and scroll to zoom, but it's functionally the same as the mousewheel zoom)

However, what I do is create my maps at 50pt/square and then I never need to zoom IN, only OUT. In other words, my maps are already zoomed in to the combat-grid level, and if I need to show the players a birds-eye view, I'll use the mousewheel to zoom out.

This does make for some large maps (2500x2500 on average), but other than masking crashes (which may or may not be related to my use of large map images), these maps work perfectly, and haven't caused any problems for our gaming group (5 players + DM)