PDA

View Full Version : Symbaroum extension and module - still under construction

Imiri
April 5th, 2017, 21:04
As a few people might know I am working on an extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35056-MoreCore-Themes&p=319116&viewfull=1#post319116) for the morecore ruleset and also a module for Symbaroum (https://www.jarnringen.com/symbaroum-is-here/).

While the extension is mainly a theme and rules mechanic I want to extent it with a module that includes also some game data. Not enough to be played without the books but enough to make games and game preparation easier for the GM.

At the moment the Alpha looks like that:

It features all Abilities, Monstrous Abilities, Traits, Mystical Powers, Rituals, Weapons, Armors and Elixirs from the Core Book. It also has the Adversaries - but only Cultural Beings so far.
So still some work to do.

The Adventure THE PROMISED LAND is uploaded in Post #9
The Advanced Players Guide is uploaded to Post #10

UPDATE:
As promised no here are the first files to look at:

rodney418
April 6th, 2017, 08:48
Looks great so far Imiri! How can I get the 0.3 version to play around with?

Jarvin
April 6th, 2017, 11:34
That's awesome, Imiri! Thank you so much for your hard work!

Imiri
April 6th, 2017, 21:55
Thank you very much.
you could get it immediately and I will definitely need some testers soon.

But so far it is best on the not published next morecore version 1.39 which by itself is based on the next CoreRPG or FG Version - so after those are out.

Imiri
April 8th, 2017, 08:17
I did start with THE PROMISED LAND yesterday and it makes a good progress.
Was also able to fix a buf in the graphical display of the rolls thanks to damned.

Imiri
April 24th, 2017, 21:25
I Uploaded the Extension and the Player and GM Modules of the Core Book to the first post.
To be used with Morecore 1.39 and above.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset

Imiri
April 26th, 2017, 22:34
I will give the adventure THE PROMISED LAND a try this weekend or the one after before I upload it here. So please be patient.

rodney418
April 30th, 2017, 14:30
Thanks for the great test game on Saturday Imiri! The MoreCore extension is staring to look really good. Very much looking forward to more of it!

Imiri
April 30th, 2017, 19:14
Here the version of the introduction adventure THE PROMISSED LAND without the maps - those are to big in file size to upload here.

UPDATE: maps are now included

Imiri
July 14th, 2017, 13:33
After some radio silence there is a new module:

The Advanced Players Guide - Boons and Burdens, Traits, Abilities, Mysitical Powers and Rituals - so far non of the Equipment.

Dreadino
December 14th, 2017, 15:53
Hi, I'm trying to use your framework, but even after copying the .ext in the extension folder and the .mod(s) in the module folder, I can't find them in FG.

Once I've done that, I'd like to import Italian resources. I can create json/xml/csv or whatever is necessary to create modules in Italian (using your extension), but I'd like some guidance from you: how do you create the xmls with the infos?

Imiri
December 14th, 2017, 16:40
Did you use the more core ruleset (not the older extension).
My extension will not work with the CoreRPG from Fantasy Grounds.

Regarding the translation I will have to check - I think that you would also have to translate more core than.

damned
December 14th, 2017, 22:40
You could do a MoreCore language pak project extension for MoreCore.

Dreadino
December 15th, 2017, 09:00
Ops, new to FG, didn't see the difference between CoreRPG and MoreCore.
I'm trying the exp and modules now. Is there a way to have menus for databases of abilities, mystical powers, traits/monstrous traits/boons/burdens? I mean entities I can reference when building a monster (this monster has ability "Iron Fist" for example, which I can click to see the description and 3 levels of power).

Do you know of a tutorial on how to build exp based on MoreCore? I'd like to build a series of exp for Symbaroum:
1) an equipment tracker, which uses Symbaroum rules to calculate weight: each normal item weights 1, each huge item weights 2, 50 small items weights 1. Only unequipped items count. A character can transport weight equals to it's Strong attribute, or double if he has the Pack Mule ability. Going over these values gives you a state. My idea is that each item in the database should have a weight column and an equipped check.
2) an arrow tracker: arrows stay in quivers (which have qualities, just like other weapons), when an arrow is shot, you roll a d6 to see if it breaks. For normal arrows 4-5-6 means it doesn't break and you can pick it up, arrow with qualities 5-6, mystical arrow 6. I'd like to see the number of arrows in the quiver. Each quiver weights 1.
3) a more advanced initiative tracker that check if the actor (adversary or character) has the ability to use Vigilant or Cunning instead of Quick for his primary attribute in Initiative. When there is a draw for the primary attribute, it should go to the Vigiliant attribute automatically. If there is still a draw, it goes to 1d20.

On the translation: I think I can translate the UI, but to me the most important thing is the translation of game data, abilities, monsters, powers, etc. I have a Kotlin application with all of these, so I can export in basically every format. Where can I find a model to use for the export?

Bidmaron
December 15th, 2017, 11:09
Welcome to the forums and FG, Dreadino. Have to head to work, but if you check the CoreRPG forum, you will find information on Dulux Oz's language packs. As for your numbered questions, all are possible through an extension, but that is not an easy undertaking for some of the items. Not sure what kind of a tutorial you are looking for....

hawkwind
January 12th, 2019, 09:08
just been trying out this extension and I keep get this mesage on selecting a character

Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_1_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_1_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_2_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_2_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_3_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_3_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_4_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_4_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_5_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_slot_5_name) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)

then this a lot when i try to enter new rolls

all other ext's are turned off.

damned
January 12th, 2019, 09:44
It needs updating for MoreCore 1.48.
Ill look into it... but probably not this week...

Anselo
February 19th, 2019, 05:37
How is this looking mate? You've done a great job - made a homebuilt Promised Land in 5E before I saw this.

damned
February 19th, 2019, 11:21
Anselo and Imiri

What are the core things that you would need in a Symbaroum (particularly Imiri as you have some MoreCore experience) extension?
Combat rolls - what goes into the roll and what is it compared against?
Damage rolls - what goes into the roll and what does it subtract from etc?

Anselo
February 19th, 2019, 11:35
Not a big deal for me, just want the character sheet and skills then I'm good to go. I'm just blown away that this exist.

Anselo
February 19th, 2019, 16:12
Ah, I understand what you mean know. It's not working at all is it.

Combat rolls - what goes into the roll and what is it compared against?

In Symbaroum, the player throws both attack and defence dice. Throw under your attack/defence attribute to succeed in hitting/evading.

Player attack:
Accurate -/+ Quick-modification of defender.
Based on Quick. 10 is +/- 0. 15 is -5. 5 is + 5.

Player defence:
(Quick - Armor encumberence) -/+ Accurate-modification of attacker.
Based on Accurate, 10 is +/- 0. 15 is -5. 5 is + 5.

Armor encumberence is -2 light, -3 medium, -4 heavy. Modification lowers Quick.

Damage rolls - what goes into the roll and what does it subtract from etc?

Player dealing damage:
1d4-1d12, depending on weapon - enemy armor. Fixed value.

Player dealing damage:
Enemy fixed damage - 1d4,1d6,1d8 depending on armor.

This is modified by different traits and such... I'm happy to help to fix this, you are doing the work.

Edit: The deeper I go in this I realise all the work behind it. Is there a way just to delete all the autorolls and macro and just get the character sheet? No fancy stuff, just the sheet that I can edit?

damned
February 19th, 2019, 20:47
Ive been working with Imiri on updating this - stay tuned...

Anselo
February 20th, 2019, 08:58
You are great. Take your time.

damned
February 20th, 2019, 13:04

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26389

Anselo
February 20th, 2019, 15:55
Looking good mate, I tried to fiddle some yesterday but I no idea what I'm doing - but you have my cheers and support :rv:

Jarvin
February 22nd, 2019, 14:05
Just saw that Symbaroum is getting an official ruleset for FG. Are you involved with that Imiri and Damned?

Here's a link, mention is about halfway down;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/449518387/yndaros-the-darkest-star-award-winning-symbaroum-c/posts/2371917

damned
February 22nd, 2019, 14:32
This is being done by Simpe!!!

Anselo
February 22nd, 2019, 19:55
That's some great news, when is the ETA for that?

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2019, 20:00
That's some great news, when is the ETA for that?
From details in the link mentioned above: "No exact date has been set..."

Anselo
February 23rd, 2019, 07:48
From details in the link mentioned above: "No exact date has been set..."

Yes sir, I was fishing for inside information. I have a new campaign starting next Sunday, would have been a weird coincidence if "not so long" is defiened as 1 week. But an welcome one. Now I'm just cheering Damned and Imri on!

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2019, 18:27
Yes sir, I was fishing for inside information. I have a new campaign starting next Sunday, would have been a weird coincidence if "not so long" is defiened as 1 week. But an welcome one. Now I'm just cheering Damned and Imri on!
I think the shortest I've seen a ruleset go from someone saying that they are working on it to when an initial release is available is 3 months. I'm sure that is off and their might be a handful of examples to contradict me. But I would not have expectations of less than a year and then you can be surprised and pleased if its less.

Anselo
February 24th, 2019, 21:44
I think the shortest I've seen a ruleset go from someone saying that they are working on it to when an initial release is available is 3 months. I'm sure that is off and their might be a handful of examples to contradict me. But I would not have expectations of less than a year and then you can be surprised and pleased if its less.

I see, thanks mate. I'll hope for a year and hope to be suprised. Thank you for your time.

damned
February 25th, 2019, 00:06
The project has been in dev for over a year. I dont know its exact status but it is much, much closer to being finished than to the other way!
Dont hold your breath - its bad for your health - and it probably wont be ready for next weekend - but it is definitely on the way.

Anselo
March 2nd, 2019, 08:15
Fingers crossed mate, thanks for the information once again.

rodney418
March 25th, 2019, 19:37
This press release says beginning of April!

https://pixeldiet.se/2019/03/officially-licensed-symbaroum-ruleset-for-fantasy-grounds/

Simpe
April 3rd, 2019, 06:46
Hey guys,

Sorry I've completely missed this thread earlier. Yes we've just released the officially licensed module under this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48743-Officially-Licensed-Symbaroum-Ruleset!

Thanks,
Simon

richardevans
February 22nd, 2021, 21:24
hello Imiri
I have a noob question to ask, but how do you install your mods to fantasy grounds classic

Kelrugem
February 23rd, 2021, 14:10
hello Imiri
I have a noob question to ask, but how do you install your mods to fantasy grounds classic

You just put modules in your modules folder :) (click the folder button in the upper right of the FGC launcher)

Then activate a module in the campaign :)

I am not sure whether one can open it in a Symbaroum campaign however, but you can either edit the xml data or you try out the universal module extension from Damned :)

Imiri
February 23rd, 2021, 18:12
hello Imiri

Be aware that this was written for more core ruleset back at a time when there was no official Symbaroum system - so it might be broken and certainly will not work with the official ruleset.

Cundo82
October 20th, 2022, 20:27
doesn´t work on my Fantasy Grounds version...

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2022, 20:45
I don't believe this ruleset is supported any longer; and there is an official Symbaroum ruleset sold by the publisher through our store that comes with the official ruleset and core books.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGSRPDRULESET

Regards,
JPG