PDA

View Full Version : Mines of Madness Player Maps?

Martin153
April 5th, 2017, 16:04
A long shot but does anyone knows where I may possibly obtain some player maps for this?

Martin

Wookiee420
April 5th, 2017, 22:09
AFAIK there are no player maps. MoM was made as a "beta test adventure" for D&D Now, before they even named it D&D5e. That being the case, i dont think that they would have but the effort in like they did for official stuff.

Me being non-artistic I was able to use PS and just paint over the numbers. I ran it once with normal GM maps and once with my edited one and notice no difference in how the players played.

Talyn
April 6th, 2017, 01:01
Google is your friend (https://www.google.com/search?q=Mines+of+Madness+maps)?

Wookiee420
April 6th, 2017, 07:21
Google is not your friend this time, as far as my searches provide there are no player maps just dm

Gwydion
April 6th, 2017, 13:53
Yeah, I have Mines of Madness too but haven't run it yet. I've gotten so used to using the clone feature in GIMP to paint over numbers, secret doors, etc.., I just assume I'm going to have to do this with most adventures absent the official WOTC ones. Some publishers are getting better with including player maps in their modules, but I still feel like its the exception and not the rule for authors to include player maps. Probably just my own bias, but I've just come to expect it now!

Longwinded way of commiserating with you and just confirming I haven't seen any either!

Martin153
April 6th, 2017, 18:23
I have just purchased the Dungeon Painter Studio and it seems perfect for modernising maps like this 18453

You can upload any old map to it and build a modern looking dungeon to scale right on top of it. When you have done, delete the old uploaded map, which just shows as a layer, and your done!

Just like being back at school and tracing an image.

https://pyromancers.com/ and watch the video

Martin

jkagie
December 3rd, 2017, 07:58
Here are some of the graphics that I converted. There are DM maps in png and jpg. I have also done player maps in jpg.

I have another zip with the handouts if folks want them.

Bidmaron
December 3rd, 2017, 12:44
Thanks for sharing, jkagie!