PDA

View Full Version : LFG : Mutants and Masterminds

SheckyS
April 4th, 2017, 19:55
Hi all,

I am pretty experienced with FG and Role-playing games in general. Been playing various systems for around 35 years.
I play and run some D&D 5e games on FG.

But my true love is superhero RPGs and I recently discovered Mutants and Masterminds and I am dying to get into a game and do some super-heroing. :)
If there are any games looking for players, please let me know.

I'm in EDT (East Coast US). Weekends are generally best for me, unless it conflicts with one of the bi-weekly games I am already in.

StoriTellar
April 5th, 2017, 02:13
I love M&M 3E. I wish I could find a game as well. It's not played often on here if I remember correctly. I hope you find a game, the system is super awesome for superheroes.

DMReckless
April 6th, 2017, 04:28
I'm already running a Pathfinder game on my free night on the weekends, but I've been considering running the Emerald City Knights campaign for M&M, probably as a bi-weekly,2.5-3 hour game maybe on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

SheckyS
April 6th, 2017, 13:18
I'm already running a Pathfinder game on my free night on the weekends, but I've been considering running the Emerald City Knights campaign for M&M, probably as a bi-weekly,2.5-3 hour game maybe on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

Do it! :)
But seriously... what's stopping you from doing this and what can I do to help make those impediments go away?

Tuesdays would be perfect for me. Thursdays are a little tougher, but I am seriously so desperate to get into an M&M game that I would be willing to move my Thursday plans around for however long the campaign lasts (I'm assuming a few weeks or months). There are a few upcoming Thursdays that I just cannot do (like April 20th, specifically), but I could make it most Thursdays for a while. :)

Right now, I am reading through the Hero's Handbook cover to cover and I am nearly done. If it comes to it, I'm going to start my own game and GM myself, but I really don't want to do that with a system I am so unfamiliar with. I'd really love to play in a campaign (or a few campaigns) before I try to run a game on a system I don't really know.

But I am really super-excited about playing, so I will rearrange my schedule however I can in order to get into a game asap. :)

DMReckless
April 7th, 2017, 15:51
One of the biggest impediments is the fact that M&M's conditions are not actually pre-loaded as indicated in the product description and there is no supporting documentation to show you keywords to make your own. I'll try to get around to cracking the game system open and seeing if I can figure out the keywords that will help this out eventually but if I can't get it figured out, the main reason for using Fantasy Grounds (automation) is lost. Then, there's the matter of setting up the NPCs and story, etc. Which, again, there's no quick/easy way to do with M&M in FG.

In other words, it's a bit more work to get things running with M&M. So far, thinking about it and putting in a bit of the story is all I've got done.

SheckyS
April 7th, 2017, 16:17
One of the biggest impediments is the fact that M&M's conditions are not actually pre-loaded as indicated in the product description and there is no supporting documentation to show you keywords to make your own. I'll try to get around to cracking the game system open and seeing if I can figure out the keywords that will help this out eventually but if I can't get it figured out, the main reason for using Fantasy Grounds (automation) is lost. Then, there's the matter of setting up the NPCs and story, etc. Which, again, there's no quick/easy way to do with M&M in FG.

In other words, it's a bit more work to get things running with M&M. So far, thinking about it and putting in a bit of the story is all I've got done.

Oh. :(