PDA

View Full Version : Minimize Not Working

Jay_NOLA
April 4th, 2017, 17:41
I had to do a clean install of fantasy grounds yesterday and notice that minimize isn't working at the top of the Fantasy Grounds window screen.

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2017, 17:56
Has it ever? I've never had cause to minimise but I can't remember that ever being lit up.

Jay_NOLA
April 4th, 2017, 18:22
I've minimized it before if my memory is right. usually when I'm working on module entry.

Not sure if my reinstall messed things up or if it was a bug with the 3.2.3 version.

LordEntrails
April 4th, 2017, 19:01
Minimize has never worked for me.

swbuza
April 4th, 2017, 19:16
It has never worked for me either, sadly.

spite
April 4th, 2017, 20:46
I used to remember it working aswell, but like, a year+ ago. I think I remember Moon saying something about it being removed to deal with an issue at the time.
Could be misremembering though. But it has been a LONG time since it was able to be minimized.

Mortar
April 4th, 2017, 22:48
I don't think its worked since I have been using FG.

damned
April 4th, 2017, 23:34
Minimise does not work and has not since before FG3, since before any of you joined so any memories are false ones :)
There were lots of screen draw/redraw issues with minimise and restore.

spite
April 5th, 2017, 00:31
Minimise does not work and has not since before FG3, since before any of you joined so any memories are false ones :)
There were lots of screen draw/redraw issues with minimise and restore.

Maybe I just remember this being asked and answered as such :P

Nickademus
April 5th, 2017, 04:53
I minimize FG all the time. I do it from the taskbar (minimize all), and it comes back up when any program receives focus. But it is still possible so you shouldn't rule out the occurrence.

damned
April 5th, 2017, 06:10
I minimize FG all the time. I do it from the taskbar (minimize all), and it comes back up when any program receives focus. But it is still possible so you shouldn't rule out the occurrence.

Good point. I wonder if this minimise function is handled differently by windows or Fantasy Grounds...?

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2017, 10:46

Where is this mysterious minimize all option that you speak of?

Nickademus
April 5th, 2017, 11:07
In the bottom right corner of the taskbar on my version of Windows. I'm not sure if all version have it.

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2017, 11:55
In the bottom right corner of the taskbar on my version of Windows. I'm not sure if all version have it.

Ah, ok. Windows 10 apparently doesn't have such a button - at least not at that location.

Andraax
April 5th, 2017, 13:22
Ah, ok. Windows 10 apparently doesn't have such a button - at least not at that location.

It's called "Show the desktop" in Win10. Right click anywhere on the task bar and it's an option on the menu.

damned
April 5th, 2017, 13:57
Its at the extreme RHE of the windows 10 taskbar.

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2017, 19:24
Or use WIN-D to show desktop from your keyboard.

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2017, 20:32
It's called "Show the desktop" in Win10. Right click anywhere on the task bar and it's an option on the menu.

So it is. Cheers Andraax

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2017, 20:34
Or use WIN-D to show desktop from your keyboard.

And if only the WIN button worked this would be fine. The Windows button has never worked on my current machine or my last one; and I'm not sure it worked on the previous version of windows that I had either.

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2017, 21:32
And if only the WIN button worked this would be fine. The Windows button has never worked on my current machine or my last one; and I'm not sure it worked on the previous version of windows that I had either.
Maybe it has to do with your kilt?

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2017, 21:33
Maybe it has to do with your kilt?

I thought of that but I'm sitting here in just a Sporran :)

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2017, 22:52
Day or Dress?

(Yes, I had to Google it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporran)

Zacchaeus
April 6th, 2017, 00:29
Dress. It's after 5 o'clock ��

Trenloe
April 6th, 2017, 02:29
https://media2.picsearch.com/is?ZWHvzGRv7UTGvJPfJACXQXOdn5vW9Sy1I9sxigD0FLY&height=242