PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Mon-Wed Preferred JST Japan prefer 5E

Thundryn
April 4th, 2017, 14:57
FG License: Currently using a monthly Ultimate license, but considering buying a full standard license
Time Zone: Japan Standard Time (GMT +9)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Free weekly on Monday-Wednesday nights. I could possibly reschedule things for Thursday night play sessions as well. I would occasionally be available for Sunday sessions if needed, but I could not commit to a regular Sunday schedule.
Term: At the moment, I'm fine with one shots, but I would prefer a longer campaign.
Voice: I have a mic and have experience using ventrillo and teamspeak

Game System Preferred: I'm mostly interested in playing D&D 5E
Game System Experience: I've been playing D&D off and on since 1984, so I have experience with AD&D and 2E mostly. I dabbled a bit in 3E, have experience with 3.5E through the video games, but completely missed Pathfinder and 4E.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm a complete newb at Fantasy Grounds. I've tooled around with the menus and dice rolling, and I've watched videos on how to use it, but until I connect to a game, there's only so much I can familiarize myself with.

Character Type Preferred: No real preference. I played a paladin back in the AD&D days, transitioned to mostly thieves or clerics in 2E, but I'm fine playing anything.
About me: As stated earlier, I have been playing D&D for most of my 41 years. I started back in 4th grade and I'm looking to get back into it. I did some DMing in my day, but I'm mostly interested in being a player. I don't automatically enter every encounter with fighting on my mind. In games like Deus Ex, Skyrim, and the like, I typically pursue a stealthy style of game play, avoiding direct conflict unless necessary. I'm not a heavy RPer, but I don't have much problem getting into character and I really become engrossed in the world I'm playing in. I'm the kind of guy who would buy boxed sets of new campaign settings back in the day, just to read through them and get more information on the worlds. I was an avid reader of the Dragonlance, Ravenloft, and Forgotten Realms books back in my JHS and HS days.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your consideration. I hope I get a chance to adventure with some of you soon!

BBGaming
April 4th, 2017, 17:18
Hello!

Any free time on Saturday afternoons around 1:30pm JST? It sounds like you may be a great fit for our little group. We meet then to play 5e (learning both the 5e system and the FG software). I've started off as DM and I have 3 great guys playing.

If Saturdays are out - I might be able to manage putting something together on Tuesday nights (twice a month). A Star Wars game I play in on Tuesday nights just went to one session every 2 weeks. That leaves me with 2 Tuesdays nights free a month.

So Saturday 5e with us would add you as a 5th player to the group -- and Tuesday nights would mean trying to put together a new group (which we could certainly try).

Just let me know if either appeals to you.
Post here or shoot me a PM if you wish.

Robert

spoofer
April 4th, 2017, 23:23
Wow. I am looking for a player. Tuesday evenings. 8 p.m. Japan time. DnD 5e. Curse of Strahd campaign. Please pm your email address.

Awesome!

Kevin

BBGaming
April 5th, 2017, 02:25
I've played with Kevin (Spoofer).

I recommended his game. He'll run a good steady campaign for you.

Thundryn
April 5th, 2017, 04:57
Wow, I didn't expect a response this quickly. The Saturday game sounds intriguing, but that's the one day I can't reliably show up every week. I'm free on Tuesday, but it appears there's another Tuesday game that needs a player and wouldn't require a reshuffling of times. If you do start running another game on a weeknight though, let me know Robert!

As for Kevin, thanks for the invite. I'll send you my email and let's get in touch!

spoofer
April 5th, 2017, 12:17
I've played with Kevin (Spoofer).

I recommended his game. He'll run a good steady campaign for you.

Thanks for the recommendation, Rob!!!