PDA

View Full Version : Remarkable Athlete for Champion effect coding

Baron28
April 3rd, 2017, 18:28
Can you apply the "H" key letter to [PRF] to create effects that will add half a character's proficiency bonus to an ability check or save?

LordEntrails
April 3rd, 2017, 20:18
Why do this as an effect? Just add half proficiency to the skills on the character sheet.

Baron28
April 3rd, 2017, 20:34
Why do this as an effect? Just add half proficiency to the skills on the character sheet.

Yes, that is certainly one way to do it, however, I'm curious why the method I suggested fails to work with [PRF] tag. Is this by design? an oversight to be corrected at a future date?

Nickademus
April 3rd, 2017, 20:48
When applying effects from the Actions tab of the PC sheet, special tags can be inserted to provide numerical bonuses based on the PC's current attributes.

The wiki indicates that the H[] notation only works on attributes referenced from the Actions tab. I don't think it works with other stats or from other sources (such as the effects window).

Dracius
April 3rd, 2017, 20:50
Would you mind posting exactly how you have the effect written or showing a screen shot of the action's meta data?

Baron28
April 3rd, 2017, 21:04
Remarkable Athlete; H[PRF]: strength; H[PRF]: constitution; H[PRF]: dexterity; [SELF]; [ROLL]

If I remove the "H", the [PRF] properly parses in the CT translating the [PRF] as the modifier equal to the character's proficiency bonus. The modifier is added to the ability or corresponding skill check on the event of a roll. I add the "H" to halve the proficiency bonus, no joy.

Zacchaeus
April 3rd, 2017, 21:24
It's STR: [HPRF]; CON: [HPRF] etc

Baron28
April 3rd, 2017, 22:21
It's STR: [HPRF]; CON: [HPRF] etc

I'll give that a whirl! Thank you!