PDA

View Full Version : Card games

Ken L
April 3rd, 2017, 13:08
I've been picking up some light card games lately such as Coup and Cheaty Mages, and recently came into a game called 'Love Letter'.

The name is quite deceptive however, and it's pretty damn addicting and amazingly popular that I've now thrown it into my travel bag due to the portability of it. Has anyone else tried it?

I know many in the table top scene also do board games like Catan, Risk etc...

Black Hammer
April 3rd, 2017, 20:31
I think more than a few people share my love/hate relationship with Arkham Horror. It's so good when it isn't terrible.

JHale1966
April 3rd, 2017, 22:15
Does anyone have an FG version of Arkham Horror? I own all the main boxes and supplements but would actually like to play the game. :D

Black Hammer
April 4th, 2017, 00:02
You'd probably have better luck with Tabletop Simulator or something similarly aimed at translating a traditional board game to PC.

Alternatively, you could just play Mansions of Madness.

JHale1966
April 4th, 2017, 00:15
I have that one too. Small town, have more luck playing online.

Andraax
April 4th, 2017, 00:18
VASSAL has an Arkham Horror module (and some of the other releases as well): https://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Arkham_Horror

Ken L
April 4th, 2017, 00:38
I roll around in TTS every once in awhile for some Catan.

They made an Arkham card game? now that's a thing.. is it as complex as the board game?

James Milner
July 31st, 2017, 08:10
I prefer Gwent and Hearthstone.

Honken
August 3rd, 2017, 17:16
I have played and really enjoyed Pathfinder Adventure Cardgame. It kind of comes at a steep price, but I have also played it for countless hours.

/H