PDA

View Full Version : Hellfrost Problem

goodmanje
April 3rd, 2017, 04:36
I noticed if you open the Hellfrost Players Guide and click on quick links, all but the "complete power list" are empty. They don't contain any information. Just wanted to bring it to the attention of the developers.

Thanks.

Doswelk
April 3rd, 2017, 07:39
A fixed version should be under Test, it will be pushed to Live soon I suspect.

goodmanje
April 3rd, 2017, 08:45
Excellent, thanks!

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 10:49
Doswelk, what all has been fixed in this latest version? Such a great setting, it would be great to see it take advantage of the latest FG features. I just bought the Bestiary and noticed none of the spell casting NPCs have their spells listed on the powers tab.....

Talyn
April 12th, 2017, 12:45
It's coming! The PG will be first and it will be a nice pretty remaster that everyone will be very pleased with.

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 13:03
Yes!!

Hendell
April 12th, 2017, 22:58
Excellent news.
Are the expansions in the works as well?

Talyn
April 12th, 2017, 23:09
Patience! We just started a couple days ago! And this is Doswelk's baby, I'm just helping him out and teaching him how to do the reference manuals, the new way SmiteWorks wants the NPCs done, etc. and tweaking with the theme graphics and scripting. He should pipe in so I'm not stealing his thunder! ::hint hint:: lol

Also the remastered Player's Guide will have the Savage Rules Deluxe content (the current one is the original Classic rules) and the Hellfrost Errata.

Here's a teaser of what we've got accomplished with the Player's Guide in the past two days though:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18517&stc=1&d=1492034786

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 23:29
This makes my day! I'm really looking forward to this.

Talyn
April 12th, 2017, 23:46
Oh, and it will have a Hellfrost Calendar module too. I made the calendar this morning and gave it to Doswelk all he has to do is fill in the Holidays and it's done.

/me snickers... there's a LOT of holidays lol

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18518&stc=1&d=1492037118

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 23:58
Nice! The calandar is very important.

Hendell
April 13th, 2017, 01:14
That is great news appreciate the reply on this.
Hellfrost is just looking better and better.

Doswelk
April 13th, 2017, 07:49
Oh, and it will have a Hellfrost Calendar module too. I made the calendar this morning and gave it to Doswelk all he has to do is fill in the Holidays and it's done.
/me snickers... there's a LOT of holidays lol

Any one want to take over Hellfrost?

Talyn is a hard task master :P

Seriously I am liking the new looks, also hoping to include much of the free PDFs as possible, though most likely not the rune bennies (unless I can get Ikael to code it)

goodmanje
April 13th, 2017, 11:52
Just a couple of days ago I entered in all the new edges and hindrances from the first Rassilon expansion. Those two books have some good stuff in them.

Mask_of_winter
April 14th, 2017, 02:50
Cool stuff.

Talyn
April 14th, 2017, 03:48
@Mask: There's a Deluxe Conversion PDF and an Errata PDF freely available. @Doswelk said he's going to incorporate those into the base Player's Guide so FG users have the current info.

Hendell
April 15th, 2017, 16:26
Posting some weapon bugs I have found.

Ranged weapons:

the long bow and bow do not calculate the minimum strength requirements and apply the minus if not met. You have to change the characters strength back and forth for it to apply.

Melee weapons:

None of the weapons are marked as melee and have to be manually changed each time.

I am using the current version on the test server with no other extensions loaded, besides the hellfrost one of course.

Talyn
April 15th, 2017, 16:37
Looking at it now. Both the Bow and Bow, Long do have the <minstr> field with the correct data. Not sure why it's not being applied unless it has to do with not recognizing they are, in fact, ranged weapons? In the time since the original Hellfrost DLC was released, the ruleset went from using a numeric <type> field to determine melee, ranged, thrown to a new <traittype> field. And obviously, this being 2010 DLC it wasn't updated. That very well may explain why you're saying the melee weapons are not labeled as such. Technically, they are, but under the old method which was deprecated.

Thanks for the catch, though, I'll add this to @Doswelk's list. :) LOL! That's what he gets for saying I'm a taskmaster! Now I get to live up to the label! ::whip crack::

FYI: He's working every day til the end of this month. He sent me the latest update last night, but he likely won't have time to touch anything for the next two weeks. I might dink around with it a little, but I was given a deadline for my next few projects as well, so I have to get my nose to the grindstone...

Edit: Since @Doswelk is busy, I went ahead and hotfixed it. He'll have to be the one to actually submit it to the Test channel, however, so whenever he gets time to do that...

Hendell
April 15th, 2017, 17:20
That was quick. I will test it out as soon as it is uploaded.

In the mean time I will keep seeing what else I can find.

Appreciate the quick responses on this.

Talyn
April 15th, 2017, 18:21
No worries, it was literally a global find/replace for each one then email @Doswelk the result. :) It's a holiday weekend here in the States, though, so I wouldn't expect it to be pushed to Test channel until Monday at the earliest.

Talyn
April 17th, 2017, 19:23
I just submitted this hotfix in case @Doswelk has not been able to. If he did already then cool. It will fix the weapon types, etc. @Ikael says the MinStr stuff is a "funky" (his word lol) implementation within the ruleset itself, so he has added that to his list of things to fix.

Hendell
April 21st, 2017, 00:37
I tested all the melee weapons again after getting the update and they are all fine now.
Appreciated Talyn.

Talyn
April 21st, 2017, 00:42
I tested all the melee weapons again after getting the update and they are all fine now.
Appreciated Talyn.

Excellent! :) Thanks, and you're welcome.

Hendell
May 2nd, 2017, 23:36
New problem I have found with the last update is that the personalities in the bestiary do not have damage dice assigned anymore.
I had to duplicate them so I could add the damage dice and then they would work.

Talyn
May 2nd, 2017, 23:41
Ok I'll sic @Doswelk on it! I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised with what he's gotten done on his remaster so far. I'll try to coax him into ensuring the NPCs are v4.4 compatible too with the new changes coming in a couple weeks. :)

Hendell
May 2nd, 2017, 23:51
good deal, its not just hellfrost. It is happening in deadlands as well.

Ikael
May 3rd, 2017, 05:44
There was challenge in v4.4 ruleset which caused damage rolling not working unless damage string was set but that got hotfixed dome hours ago. I am not aware of if challenge where damage dice is missing. Can you give more info where this occurs?

Hendell
May 4th, 2017, 00:01
I just updated again and saw it updating savage worlds. So I must of missed that update your talking about.

After that and closing and opening the modules everything for the melee weapons damage is working again.

Savage worlds is really looking good.

Hendell
June 1st, 2017, 00:31
Any news on the update to hellfrost?