PDA

View Full Version : Short hand for entering character name for parcel items

Nilram the Grey
April 2nd, 2017, 20:25
Under the party sheet for Parcel Items you can enter the character name under Assignment and it will add the items to the proper character when you distribute. Is there a short hand for entering the character names? Some of my characters have lengthy names which takes forever to type.

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2017, 21:01
Start typing the name and once you've typed in enough characters the name should appear and you can then press tab to autocomplete

EDIT: And also kill off any characters that have more than two syllables in their name :)

Nickademus
April 2nd, 2017, 23:22
I'm not entirely sure the name appears before tab is pressed. I know that the chat window requires tab to be pressed first before it will autocomplete the name.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2017, 23:25
I'm not entirely sure the name appears before tab is pressed.
Just done a test in 5E and it does appear as soon as there is a unique match.

damned
April 3rd, 2017, 00:05
Make sure your characters are called:

Ibn Mak Sauod Ibrahim Angelus
Ibn Mak Sauod Ibrahim Farouk
Ibn Mak Sauod Ibrahim Qasim
Ibn Mak Sauod Ibrahim Ignata
Ibn Mak Sauod Ibrahim Questor

You should have no troubles at all then :)

Nilram the Grey
April 4th, 2017, 12:59
Thanks. It works exactly as Zacchaeus said it would. I'm not sure why I didn't see/notice this before. Fortunately everyone's name begins with a unique letter. :)

Nickademus
April 4th, 2017, 15:12
My player came up with this rule that every character's name must start with a 'D'. They tell new players this when they arrive and even started renaming NPCs...

It took about 3 months and 2 PC deaths, but now they are just confusing themselves. :bandit: