PDA

View Full Version : Parcel # in Numenera ruleset

chanceboon
April 2nd, 2017, 14:20
Sorry if I slipped this into the wrong place, but since the Numenera ruleset doesn't have a forum of its own, this one made sense.

Not that it's a horrible issue to deal with, the quantity of items under a parcel doesn't seem to work. There's no box...nothing. The quantity box exists for the currency side of the parcel, just not for the item side. Did a bit of searching but couldn't find anything.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2017, 17:52
Yep, there does seem to be an issue here. It's actually been removed from the item code in the Numenera ruleset: <number_parcel name="count" merge="delete" />

Hopefully a dev will see this and comment.

chanceboon
April 2nd, 2017, 19:16
It's good to see that isn't just me...

Yeah, I found the merge statement too...like I said, more of a convenience thing than a necessity, but nice to have non-the-less.

btw, thanks for checkin Trenloe, appreciate it.

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2017, 09:15
There is currently no "count" field on the character inventory sheet, parcel sheet or party sheet. At the time the ruleset was created (i.e. right after launch), Numenera tended to focus on very unique items vs. given in groups, and one-off items used regularly. The system has grown a bit, but all the sheets would need to be updated to add it back in at this point. If we got the license to produce Cypher/Numenera, we would consider revisiting the ruleset to improve it. (or if some community developer wants to own it. ;)

For now, you can just add the item multiple times.

Regards,
JPG

chanceboon
April 3rd, 2017, 11:43
I appreciate the answer, and the work-around...unfortunately you can't drop multiples of an item in the parcel. Duplicates don't show in the parcel when dragged and dropped onto it. I can manually create duplicates by typing them in again, but they disappear when I drop the parcel onto the party sheet.

I might have to try to wrestle around with the XML to see if I can get it working. Just a few minutes with the parcel XML shows that it isn't too bad to get the count box back, but I'm sure getting to interact with the tables, inventory and party sheet is a bit more.

Again, thanks