PDA

View Full Version : Website Update

Dupre
December 19th, 2005, 14:31
As part of today's website update, we introduced a campaign tool accessible from the Community page, online store for FG related products and a new message board.

Due to the message board change, links pointing to other threads could not be saved and are now invalid. Please update your signatures should they contain links to threads on this board.

Ram Tyr
December 19th, 2005, 15:11
Congratulations on the updated website.

Can I make a suggestion based on my limited time on the new site? On the message boards the top of the page allows surfing to different levels of the forums. For example, this thread has the following at the top of the page:
Community > The Tavern > Website Update

With the redesign, the top most link (Community) no longer goes to the top most page of the Message Board. It now goes to a more general page that is not as friendly :) For example, it lacks the FAQ, New Posts, and Search links that are available in the actual Message board pages.

My suggestion is to either make the Community page have the other links, or make the top most link on the message boards pages point to this page:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/

I would likely suggest the second suggestion most strongly.

While I hope this doesn't come off as a general complaint in response to change... :) ...it is just inconvenient for me to use the new layout based on the way I use the forum. This is just something that was so obvious, I didn't think that getting used to the new layout would help it.

Other than that, congratulations on the new store and campaign calendar. Good luck!

Thanks.
Ramza

Dupre
December 19th, 2005, 16:15
We of course appreciate the feedback. The reason why Community link takes you to the Community page is that we want to promote the role of that page. Once you start running a campaign using the Campaign Calendar, game times and actions that are requested from you appear on said page.

We'll see what we can come up with to satisfy everyone's needs.

taliesinangelus
December 19th, 2005, 16:26
For those not well-versed in the use of vBulletin boards, the private messaging feature is under Profile. I had to search for it myself as I am not. I usually use phpBB bulletin boards.

Any reason why you switched from phpBB to vBulletin?

gurney9999
December 19th, 2005, 21:10
For those not well-versed in the use of vBulletin boards, the private messaging feature is under Profile. I had to search for it myself as I am not. I usually use phpBB bulletin boards.

Any reason why you switched from phpBB to vBulletin?You can also click on the user's name in a post and select the option for Private Message, if you are trying to PM through an existing post.

gurney9999
December 19th, 2005, 21:11
Will image code be turned back on for signatures?

Goblin-King
December 19th, 2005, 21:16
Will image code be turned back on for signatures?

Should be now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ram Tyr
December 20th, 2005, 16:04
My bookmark points to:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/

but, when it is used, I am directed to:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/community/

When combined with my comment above about the unhappy decision with respect to the use of the community page as the top tiered message board page... :(

Anyway, just something I hadn't noticed when I submitted the above feedback.

Later.
Ramza

cantrels
December 21st, 2005, 12:56
I like the changes, nice look :)

richvalle
December 21st, 2005, 23:32
Good lord... I'm away for a few days and you redecorate on me!

:)

rv

gurney9999
December 22nd, 2005, 15:19
Good lord... I'm away for a few days and you redecorate on me!

:)

rvThat's what you get, rv!

gurney9999
December 22nd, 2005, 18:50
I did want to say I like the New Posts link added to the main community page, with the Game Calendar moving to the top of the page.

taliesinangelus
December 30th, 2005, 10:20
You can also click on the user's name in a post and select the option for Private Message, if you are trying to PM through an existing post.

I refer of course to reading messages, not writing them. I was not clear.