PDA

View Full Version : Updated module not received by players

Mixylplyx
April 1st, 2017, 18:26
I have a custom mod of Player exclusive resources that I created using Par5e. I updated it and put it in the FG\modules directory. I can see the changes in the GM FG version, but when I create another instance of FG and connect locally as a player (as a test), the Player FG version just shows the old version of the module. I've restarted numerous times, and opened and closed the module numerous times through the Library. Ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Mixy

Moon Wizard
April 1st, 2017, 19:37
There are a few things I can think of checking:

1) Make sure that any custom modules you have made all use different names in the definition.xml file. The FG engine uses the module name from this file as the reference key. If there are multiple modules with the same display name, you could get differing versions.

2) Make sure that there is not both a folder and a .MOD file with the same name in the modules folder. The folder overrides the .MOD, but only on the host.

3) Try deleting the player cache before using the second client to join a game (nuke button on Join Game launcher screen).

Regards,
JPG

Mixylplyx
April 1st, 2017, 21:01
Nuking worked, thanks. Been playing for a couple of years and never noticed that little button.