PDA

View Full Version : Updater telling me there's an update when there isn't.

Beerbelly
April 1st, 2017, 17:27
since the last big update, not hte one the other day, but the one a few months ago, FG permanantly says there is an update available. So I check and there isn't. I figured the next update would fix this and it's really a non-issue as everything else works fine, but is there a way to fix this because it is a little annoying. Thought about deleteing and reinstalling FG but scared what that would do to the 10 campaigns I have set up right now.

JohnD
April 1st, 2017, 17:54
Perhaps your tinfoil headgear needs another layer? *They* might be breaking through with their signals.

Just kidding... have had the same thing happen once or twice myself (never hurts to up the tinfoil factor though, especially if you've neglected to line your underwear with it yet).

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2017, 18:11
Check that you don't have any .tmp files or folders in your rulesets sub folder in your FG data.

What rulesets do you have/use?

Beerbelly
April 1st, 2017, 18:15
No .tmp files there. I use 5E exclusivly. I have only the rulesets that you get by default. I have a lot of mods, (All wizards 5E minus Yawning), and a few non wizards adventures.

ddavison
April 1st, 2017, 19:08
You can check the update.log file in your Data Directory to see if there are any packages that have an error. You can email that to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to check. You can also enable enhanced update logging, run an update and then check the file for more information. Don't post this publicly since it has your private key information, but you can email us with the file attached. If there is a product with an error, you can manually delete that file and re-run an update to see if it fixes it for you.