PDA

View Full Version : Latest 5e update push

Redemption77
March 30th, 2017, 23:56
After the recent update it seems something happened with mine and it erased all the tokens and some of the maps from PoTA. I will go through and check the others but so far this is the one I have open. Ive also found a few maps missing. Is this a problem with others or just me

JohnD
March 31st, 2017, 00:05
I have been experiencing token issues ever since 3.2.2.

Redemption77
March 31st, 2017, 00:24
Yeah I went ahead and tried to update again and my PoTA module doesnt even have an image anymore like the other modules and so many things inside the module are screwed up

Nylanfs
March 31st, 2017, 02:40
Try and reverting the module

Redemption77
March 31st, 2017, 03:29
How would I go about reverting the module?

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2017, 04:02
Right mouse on the module in the library screen of the campaign.

Redemption77
March 31st, 2017, 04:53
I gave this reverting the module a try and sadly the module is just screwed up for me at this point. A few maps are missing. Tokens for key npcs are missing and even the module image is missing.

damned
March 31st, 2017, 05:09
Delete the file from your \vault directory (it will use the wizards product code in its name) and re run the updater.

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2017, 11:04
There were no updates to PotA in the last push and no changes to the 5e ruleset at all; so I'm not quite sure why PotA would have been affected by the update. If reverting changes or forcing it to redownload doesn't work can you try it in a new campaign without any extensions. If that works then try adding back in any extensions that you were using. If that still doesn't replicate the error then it's likely that there is something in your campaign that is messing things up. Possibilities include incorrect read/write permissions to your data folder or using cloud based back up software.

In any case can you be more specific as to what the problems are; for example what maps are missing? Do you mean that you can no longer link to the maps? That the maps are not in the module at all? What tokens are missing? Are they missing in the NPC list or just in the encounters?

Redemption77
April 1st, 2017, 23:00
Thanks for the tell on how to handle that Damned. It worked. Ijust deleted the entire file from the vault and then used the installer to reinstall and its all there now