PDA

View Full Version : Changing desktop background

Niles
March 30th, 2017, 18:45
Sorry to bring this subject up again. I scoured the forums, but I'm still having trouble. I have the custom desktop extension. Is it supposed to be listed under the campaigns file? I also have it under the first group of files when I click app folder. I've dropped in the picture I wanted and it's the right size, 1920x1280. I even renamed the picture "desktop". I did see a picture already in the folder of a large black square which I deleted. When I open a campaign, I make sure the custom desktop extension is clicked. When the program opens, I get the large black box. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2017, 19:45
Can you give us a link to "custom desktop extension"? I know of several and not sure what one you specifically are trying to modify.

Niles
March 30th, 2017, 22:14
I'm not quite sure, LordEntrails. I did get it to work, however. I dropped a .jpg pic in and needed to change it to a .png file and it worked!

Niles
March 31st, 2017, 21:43
Do you know the proper aspect ratio for pictures that you put on the desktop? I just have a regular VGA monitor.

damned
April 1st, 2017, 00:14
Do you know the proper aspect ratio for pictures that you put on the desktop? I just have a regular VGA monitor.

Hi Niles - this I doubt. VGA is 640x480 which was great in the 90s and early 2000s.
Far more likely you have something between 1366*768 (one of various HD resolutions and I think commonly called 720p) and 1920x1080 (or Full HD or 1080p).

Its also likely that the above is not your issue....
Fantasy Grounds uses something called nine slices to display the background. What looks right on your screen with a single image slice will only look right on someone elses screen with exactly the same size screen resolution.

Niles
April 1st, 2017, 00:47
Hi Niles - this I doubt. VGA is 640x480 which was great in the 90s and early 2000s.
Far more likely you have something between 1366*768 (one of various HD resolutions and I think commonly called 720p) and 1920x1080 (or Full HD or 1080p).

Its also likely that the above is not your issue....
Fantasy Grounds uses something called nine slices to display the background. What looks right on your screen with a single image slice will only look right on someone elses screen with exactly the same size screen resolution.

Lol! Shows how computer literate I am! Yeah, it's how you describe. I just meant it's not a newer 4K hdmi type monitor. Thanks, damned!