PDA

View Full Version : Extension Not Appearing in Launcher

colonelsavage
March 30th, 2017, 10:54
Hi there,

I just installed an extension that replaces the background image for 5e campaigns. It works fine for me. However, I've since passed the extension on to my DM, and she can't get it to appear in the launcher. We are both running updated 3.2.3 clients, and we both have the .ext file installed in the correct location within the data folder.

Is there some other difference that may be preventing the extension from showing up in the launcher?

dulux-oz
March 30th, 2017, 10:58
Hi colonel,

The only thing I can think of is that your GM hasn't restarted FG since the Extension was added to the folder - this may not be the issue, but its caught me a couple of times (& I create Extensions, so you'd think I'd know better :p )

Gwydion
March 30th, 2017, 13:57
What Dulux-Oz says is true. Instead of just closing FG back to the launch menu, close it completely and re-open. However, I suspect you have tried that. If you have and still have issues, the only other thing that throws me sometimes is the name of the extension in the launcher sometimes isn't exactly what I expected. I don't have a great example, but my point is that its possible the extension is there but is just named something that isn't intuitive so she might be passing right over it. I've done that several times.

colonelsavage
March 30th, 2017, 22:32
We'll take a closer look at it again tonight. I'll post updates if anything changes.