PDA

View Full Version : 5e Bug reports (Continued Part 2)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2017, 20:02
Please report all 5e related bug reports in this thread. This includes any issues with core rulebooks (PHB, MM, DMG) or adventure or other modules.

The previous (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports) thread has now been closed and all bugs reported in that thread have been fixed or will be soon. You can view a list of issues which have already been fixed here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34962-5e-Module-Updates)

Please give details of the module in which the bug appears and give sufficient detail to enable the bug to be found.

You can also find a list of Patch notes here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Arion
March 29th, 2017, 21:37
I am not sure if this was mentioned in the previous thread, but when players choose the "Combat" view on the action tab, their weapons disappear! To see them they have to choose either "Standard" or "Preparation" view! The weapons used to be there, but vanished after an update, although i am not certain which one.

My players also grumble every session about having Initiative on the front tab. They never look at the combat tracker, and find it annoying that every combat action apart from initiative is on the action tab. Might it be possible to clone Init to the action tab?

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2017, 21:53
If they are not seeing weapons in Combat view the most likely explanation is that they haven't equipped the weapon in their inventory or in the preparation mode in the actions tab. Weapons should have a little equipped icon in preparation mode if they are to be equipped. If they have the weapon marked as carried or not carried in their inventory then that follows through into the actions tab.

Tell your players to click on their initiative and drag it to one of the shortcut keys at the bottom of the screen. They will then be able to access it either by pressing the corresponding F key or single clicking on it. This means they don't even need to have the character sheet open to roll initiative.

Eru the One
March 29th, 2017, 22:00
Seems the SKT thumbnail reverted (reported this before and it was fixed several updates ago). Also, Tomb of Horrors is using the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan's thumbnail.

Arion
March 29th, 2017, 22:07
If they are not seeing weapons in Combat view the most likely explanation is that they haven't equipped the weapon in their inventory or in the preparation mode in the actions tab. Weapons should have a little equipped icon in preparation mode if they are to be equipped. If they have the weapon marked as carried or not carried in their inventory then that follows through into the actions tab.

Tell your players to click on their initiative and drag it to one of the shortcut keys at the bottom of the screen. They will then be able to access it either by pressing the corresponding F key or single clicking on it. This means they don't even need to have the character sheet open to roll initiative.

Fantastic, thank you!

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2017, 22:19
Gah! Too many files. I'll get that fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Gothstaff
March 29th, 2017, 23:49
Hello =)
I see that the Cantrips were moved to it's own section but only on the classes links, not on the actual PHB Reference Manual.
I don't see mention that the tokens were fixed, so this may be aimed to another future patch, I see duplicate tokens in most modules (I have all 5e modules sans Yawning portal), and most tokens are duplicated, hovering over them I see the filenames start with lowercase and upper case, e.g. "doru.png" and "Doru.png" for CoS. "a.png" and "A.png" for PHB... etc

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2017, 00:31
Yes I only updated the actual classes since that's where you use the tables in earnest. This recent update was only updates to modules. The duplicate Tokens is likely a ruleset matter.

Beldak
March 30th, 2017, 01:42
OK, I've now completed review of Wave Echo Cave:

P4-02.00 Wave Echo Cave. Under Character Level section, there is a typo on 2nd sentence. "Iithe adventures..." should be "If the adventurers..."
P4-02-01 - In the DM chat text, a paragraph break is missing before the sentence, "The northeastern section..."
In the Treasure section, "boots of striding and springing" should be italicized per original text.
Also, in the Parcel, the image doesn't open up (you shouldn't have to have any other library nodules open since this is supposed to be a self-contained starter module)
P4-02.03 - In the Encounter, the pre-placement of Stirge 3 is way off by 3 rooms North. He needs to move down with the rest of his buddies.
P4-02.10 - In the DM chat text, a paragraph break is missing before the sentence, "A passage leads south..."
In the Treasure section, "wand of magic missiles" should be italicized per original text.
Also, in the Parcel, the image doesn't open up for the wand.
P4-02.11 - In the DM chat text, this needs to be split into 2 DM boxes per original text. The first box ends at the end of the first sentence. Then there is a regular non-chat text that says, "If the party enters from the west, add:", Then a new DM chat-box with the 2nd sentence of the current chat box should be placed.
In the Treasure section, "potion of vitality" should be italicized per original text.
P04-02.12 - In the DM chat text, a paragraph break is missing before the sentence, "More than a dozen..."
In the 2nd Paragraph after Encounter, there is a typo in 2nd sentence, "Here, the dwarves melted down their orc..." This should be "ore"
In the Encounter, not all of the Zombie's are pre-placed correctly.
P04-02.13 - In the DM chat text, paragraphs 2 and 3 are missing from the chat box, and instead are below it. GM chat text should end with "... north, south, and west."
In the last paragraph, "detect magic" should be italicized per original text.
P04-02.14 - In the Treasure section, a word is missing in the 2nd to last sentence. "The shows the location of a..." the word 'map' should be between 'The' and 'shows'.
In the Parcel, 5 Malachite Gemstones are listed incorrectly, instead of 3 Diamonds worth 100g each as listed in the text.
P04-02.15 - In the DM chat text, a paragraph break is missing before the sentence, "Behind the brazier..."
Under Brazier of Green Flame, the terms "+1 weapon" and "+1 armor" are italicized per original text.
In the next paragraph, the subheader, "Northern Room" should be bolded and italicized.
In the Treasure section, "Lightbringer" and "Dragonguard" should be italicized.
In the linked "Lightbringer" item description, the term "+1 mace" and the the word "Lightbringer" should be italicized. Also, the +1 bonus should be added to the Bonus of this item.
Similarly, in the "Dragonguard" item description, the term "+1 breastplate" should be italicized. And the +1 bonus should be added to the Bonus of this armor properties.
P4-02.18 The linked Encounter is correct, however the text below the Encounter is incorrect. It should read "Three bugbears are stationed here. Two of them are clearing rock on the rift floor while one more stands guard..."
The word "doppleganger" should be bolded in the next sentence.
In the Treasure section, "guantlets of ogre power" should be italicized.
Also in that section, per the original text, it should be Wisdom (Perception) and not Intelligence(Investigation).
The linked Image of Guantlets of Ogre Power doesn't open without DMG (it should be copied as image is provided in Starter Kit appendix A)
P4-02.19 - In the first DM chat text, a paragraph break is missing before the sentence, "The dust and debris..." Also, a space is missing between "The" and "dust" of that first sentence.
In the first paragraph under the linked Encounter, "invisibility" should be italicized.
In the next paragraph, "doppleganger" should be bolded. Later on in that same sentence, doppleganger is misspelled as "doppciganger".
In the next sentence, another typo, should be "drow villain" instead of "draw villain".
In the next section under "Statue", "...and a successful DC 15 intelligence (Investigation) check..." the "I" in intelligence should be capitalized.
Shortly after this sentence, "detect magic" should be italicized.
In the Treasure section, "potion of healing", and "spider staff" are italicized.
P4-02.20 - After the Encounter link, commoner is bolded as in a "dwarf commoner"

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2017, 09:22
Cheers Beldak; great work.

Kronides
March 31st, 2017, 08:37
Hi guys,

Just a few things. Some of these were from previous but have not happened for various reasons. Some are newer, but I have not had a chance to do much more. Should do soon though, do you happen to need a proofer?

DMG - Orb of Dragonkind: Description paragraph 5 "theorb" [still there after last changes]
PHB - Prismatic Wall spell: Description paragraph 4 final sentence should read "A rod of cancellation destroys a prismatic wall, but an antimagic field has no effect on it." [still there after last changes]
PotA - 3.02: Order of the Gauntlet has incorrect paragraph break "Knights of" [still there after last changes]
PotA - 6.04.03.00 The Long Road: Paragraph 3 2 errors "harm the Black Networks profits. Zhentarim sgents" [still there after last changes]
PotA - 2.10 Early Travels, Later Travels and River Travels all have wrong dice set for using table (should be d8+d12) [still there after last changes]
MM - Beholder: Regional Effects "Creatures within 1 mile of the beholder's lair some times" [this should have been changed to sometimes]
MM - Young Black Dragon: Foes and Servants paragraph 2 "treasure and food to giveF" [error from previous correction?]
MM - Black Dragon Wyrmling: Acid Breath has incorrect paragraph break [this was incorrectly adjusted from previous report. Compare Adult Black dragon breath for correct format]
MM - Stone Golem: Stone Golem paragraph break missing after "forms of giant beasts." [space was added from last report]
MM - Green Hag: Covens paragraph header should be bold. [still there after last changes]
MM - Aboleth: Eternal Memories paragraph 1 "defeatby" [still there after last changes]
MM - Adult Bronze Dragon: Regional Effects paragraph 1 "lairs" should be "lair is" [error from previous correction]
MM - Adult Copper Dragon: Acid Breath "an 60 -foot" [still there after last changes]
MM - Gold Dragon (all 4 ages): Description paragraph 4 "Reserved Shape shifters" [still there after last changes - Shapeshifters should be one word]
MM - Adult Gold Dragon: Change Shape second paragraph: paragraph should not be bold. Period missing after "action" and "Its statistics" is a new sentence not a new paragraph
MM - Ancient Gold Dragon: Change Shape second paragraph: paragraph should not be bold. Period missing after "action" and "Its statistics" is a new sentence not a new paragraph
MM - Adult Silver Dragon: Change Shape second paragraph: paragraph should not be bold. Period missing after "action" and "Its statistics" is a new sentence not a new paragraph [still there after last changes]
MM - Ancient Silver Dragon: Change Shape second paragraph: paragraph should not be bold. Period missing after "action" and "Its statistics" is a new sentence not a new paragraph
MM - Fire Elemental: Living Elements paragraph should be a header. [still there after last changes]
MM - Earth Elemental: Living Elements paragraph should be a header. [still there after last changes]
MM - Air Elemental: Living Elements paragraph should be a header. [still there after last changes]
LMoP - Spectator stat block Eye Ray 4 has Create Food and Water included, should be new ability with new paragraph
PotA - 1.11 Factions: Lords' Alliance paragraph 1 "Lords" Alliance"
PotA - 1.11 Factions: Lords' Alliance paragraph 2 "Lords" Alliance"
DMG - CH3: Creating Adventures paragraph 4 "thisprocess"
DMG - Introduction: The Dungeon Master paragraph 1 "ongoing campaign ."
DMG - Introduction: Know Your Players Acting point 4 " back- grounds"
DMG - CH1: A World of Your Own "creating a campaign totake"
DMG - CH1: Gods of Your World, The Divine Ranks sidebar box contains way more than it should. It should stop after the Vestiges paragraph before Monotheism.
DMG - CH1: Gods of Your World Divine Rank sidebar missing paragraph break for Vestiges. Vestiges should be italicised and the first word of a new paragraph.
DMG - CH1: Gods of Your World Divine Rank sidebar Lesser Deities paragraph has incorrect line break "the planes. |Some"
DMG - CH1: Gods of Your World Dualism paragraph 4 has incorrect paragraph break " large portfolios. |All"
DMG - CH1: Gods of Your World Animism paragraph 3 missing word "An animistic religion [is] very tolerant."
DMG - CH1: Settlements City paragraph 2 "for surroundingareas"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Forms of Government has been made a sidebar. It should be a brown heading or a bold heading.
DMG - CH1: Settlements Forms of Government Autocracy "well- developed"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Forms of Government Democracy "government,with"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Forms of Government Plutocracy "atthe"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Forms of Government Theocracy "representativeor"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Currency Example Common Coinage paragraph 1 "commonly called blueeyes"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Currency Example Common Coinage paragraph 5 "legendary landsand"
DMG - CH1: Settlements Currency Example Trade Bars paragraph 1 "originally craftedthem"
DMG - CH1: Factions and Organisations Renown paragraph 1 "faction ororganisation"
DMG - CH1: Factions and Organisations Gaining Renown paragraph 3 "group's powerand wealth"
DMG - CH1: Factions and Organisations Attitudes of Organisation Members "have heardof"
DMG - CH1: Magic in Your World paragraph 3 incorrect break "other commodity. |Mercantile"

If any of these don't make sense just ask. I'm trying to point to the issues concisely, but happy to make clarifications where needed.

Cheers

vonklaude
March 31st, 2017, 10:10
Using Sword Coast Adventurers Guide I notice the following bug

Step 1 Click on Images and Maps
Step 2 Choose Sword Coast Map
Step 3 Click on the pin for Luskan (or any other entry with an embedded image)
Step 4 Click on the link for image: The Symbol of the Arcane Brotherhood
Step 5 A new panel opens, notice that it is blank (i.e. no image) with <<New Image>> on the title bar

This happens for any image embedded in the Sword Coast Map. Also I can't find an image anywhere for "The Symbol of the Arcane Brotherhood". Could this be an issue with my install or can others replicate it?

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2017, 10:47
Using Sword Coast Adventurers Guide I notice the following bug

Step 1 Click on Images and Maps
Step 2 Choose Sword Coast Map
Step 3 Click on the pin for Luskan (or any other entry with an embedded image)
Step 4 Click on the link for image: The Symbol of the Arcane Brotherhood
Step 5 A new panel opens, notice that it is blank (i.e. no image) with <<New Image>> on the title bar

This happens for any image embedded in the Sword Coast Map. Also I can't find an image anywhere for "The Symbol of the Arcane Brotherhood". Could this be an issue with my install or can others replicate it?

You are correct. I'm investigating now.

UPDATE: This problem has been fixed by Moon Wizard and an update issued.

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2017, 10:48
Hi guys,

Just a few things. Some of these were from previous but have not happened for various reasons. Some are newer, but I have not had a chance to do much more. Should do soon though, do you happen to need a proofer?

Thanks Kronides, I'll note these up for the next update. Looks like my global search/replace skills are somewhat lacking on some of these :)

Kronides
April 2nd, 2017, 05:44
Thanks Kronides, I'll note these up for the next update. Looks like my global search/replace skills are somewhat lacking on some of these :)

LOL, all it takes is an accidental key hit.

GuardianLurker
April 3rd, 2017, 02:59
Gents -

the past three game sessions I've run into a major problem that's actually affecting our gameplay (both as players and gms).

Specifically, when working with the Skyreach Castle player maps (Upper Courtyard, Lower Courtyard, and Ice Tunnels) my player's clients (including my player client) crash. Repeatedly. Whether or not there's a cache. Regardless of masking or not (though masking definitely makes it *WORSE*). To the point that I'm no longer sharing my maps.

Details:
My system - Mac BookPro (mid-2015), OS X 10.11.6

My FG Server (via Steam) : v2.3.2 Ultimate; content current as 4/2/2017
My FG Common Player client (via Wineskin): v2.3.2 Ultimate; Wineskin v2.6.2; engine WS9Wine2.3

Steps/Symptoms:
Launch both Server and Player client
Open a map (Upper Courtyard) in Server
Mask the map - partially - for instance, the actual map's rooms *only* are masked; the "blank area" is unmasked as are the open areas.
Place your PC tokens in the courtyard
Focus the map on the PCs
Share the map to the player map

In the player client, the map appears, but it will be masked out - even though the PCs are in an unmasked area.
At this point, the map appears to hang - it does not appear to update.
Now, resize the map window - or try to zoom out the window.
Player client crashes.

Note that my players also exhibit a similar behavior and many of them are *not* running on Macs, and *are* running via Steam.

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2017, 09:10
Usually, the problem is that too many art assets are being shared with the players. The current version of FG is limited in how many art assets the players can open before it crashes. It's one of the primary reasons we're working on a brand new architecture for FG.

Here are some things to try:
1. Remove player access to all modules except for PHB. (i.e. apply the red X instead of the green check mark in the Library->Modules window)
2. Remove all tokens from the tokens/shared folder, and place in tokens/host instead.
3. Launch your campaign, and type /flushdb in your chat box to unshare all records not owned by a player.
4. Have the players nuke their cache (small button on right side of Join Game screen in launcher).

Thanks,
JPG

Allmight
April 5th, 2017, 21:13
PotA: 3.04.03 Shallow graves.

Grave Occupants

one female human warrior dressed in a red surcoat with a black axe

According to the errata, this should be...

one female human warrior dressed in a black surcoat with a red axe

Zacchaeus
April 5th, 2017, 21:22
PotA: 3.04.03 Shallow graves.

Grave Occupants

According to the errata, this should be...

Hmm, indeed. Looks like that one was missed. I'll add it to the list.

FSHSchmo
April 7th, 2017, 04:44
Storm King's Thunder

Encounter 11.04.15 15. Throne Room - Iymrith (Storm Giant) has the default storm giant token
Grand-Dame-Players map is grid for 5 ft per square instead of 10 ft

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2017, 11:30
Storm King's Thunder

Encounter 11.04.15 15. Throne Room - Iymrith (Storm Giant) has the default storm giant token
Grand-Dame-Players map is grid for 5 ft per square instead of 10 ft

Thanks, I'll add those to the fix list

Dracius
April 7th, 2017, 21:14
That bug I reported with hidden effects still being visible on the mouseover tooltip is still occurring.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34656-5e-Bug-Reports-(Continued)&p=316826&highlight=#post316826

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2017, 21:21
That bug I reported with hidden effects still being visible on the mouseover tooltip is still occurring.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34656-5e-Bug-Reports-(Continued)&p=316826&highlight=#post316826

And it has been fixed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36552-Test-Release-v3-3-0-(was-v3-2-4)&p=321733&viewfull=1#post321733) but the update hasn't been released yet.

rob2e
April 7th, 2017, 23:13
Seems the spell "Wind Wall" has an error with out of place words per this image.

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 00:13
Seems the spell "Wind Wall" has an error with out of place words per this image.

Noted

LordEntrails
April 8th, 2017, 00:13

Looks like they got blown around...

Dracius
April 8th, 2017, 00:14
And it has been fixed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36552-Test-Release-v3-3-0-(was-v3-2-4)&p=321733&viewfull=1#post321733) but the update hasn't been released yet.

Ah perfect, thank you.

Wasn't watching that. Will start paying attention to the test releases going forward. I was thrown off by this:

The previous thread has now been closed and all bugs reported in that thread have been fixed or will be soon.

And just wanted to confirm that this fell into the "or will be soon" category.

xanstin
April 8th, 2017, 00:21
Mentioned this on Discord, but the sunless citadel module art under library still has the Main book pic of Durnan when all the others have their relevant book art. It seems like the art should be that of the decal (Yawning Portal 4) and page 8 of the book with the druids in front of the tree.

Not important and not really a bug. :D

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 00:42
I'll need to look at it to see what you mean when I'm back on my proper computer. The Druid picture I think I used elsewhere so that could be the reason.

xanstin
April 8th, 2017, 00:46
Its possible, I am just going by looking at the physical book. That picture is there and the next page is the adventure start without getting to spoilerific. The rest of the modules use their respective intro picture for their Module Art in the library with the superimposed logo on the bottom.

xanstin
April 8th, 2017, 00:50
Also going through story on 1.02 Locations.... it seems that it should have link to the DM and Player Map of the Fortress level and only has the ledge and side view at the top. It then continues to have all the locations on said fortress level. I don't see it linked anywhere else in the story section. It can as expected be found in images but may not be newbie friendly that way.

carolinahusker
April 8th, 2017, 02:50
A few TFtYP, Sunless Citadel corrections to add to the list:

NPC, Meepo, “Other” Tab:
1st para, line 9—Insert space before “If he is disturbed”
2nd para, line two—change worshipevil to worship evil
3rd para, bold “Strength in Numbers.”
Tunnelers and Builders paragraph, 4th line- change tunnelsthrough to tunnels through
Tunnelers and Builders para., Line 7- Insert space before “The most insidious”
The Lost God paragraph, line 5—change godof to god of
The Lost God para., Line 11 change undergroundmaze to underground maze

1.38 37. Trophy Room—change Parcel: Valcryx’s Hoard to Calcryx’s Hoard
1.41 40. Goblinville, Agate Statue Parcel—change staute to statue

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 11:49
Mentioned this on Discord, but the sunless citadel module art under library still has the Main book pic of Durnan when all the others have their relevant book art. It seems like the art should be that of the decal (Yawning Portal 4) and page 8 of the book with the druids in front of the tree.

Not important and not really a bug. :D

Ok, I've had a look at this and I have to admit I'm really not sure what it is you are pointing to. All of the modules have the same introduction, in both Story and Reference, which includes a picture of Durnan. All the modules in the reference section including Sunless Citadel start with an embedded picture of the front cover of the module. The Sunless Citadel one is the picture of the three druids. Can you be more specific as to what it is you are pointing to. Perhaps with a screen shot to make it a bit clearer?

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 11:53
Also going through story on 1.02 Locations.... it seems that it should have link to the DM and Player Map of the Fortress level and only has the ledge and side view at the top. It then continues to have all the locations on said fortress level. I don't see it linked anywhere else in the story section. It can as expected be found in images but may not be newbie friendly that way.

The battlemap is linked at location 1.04. I included a battlemap for the Ledge since there's an encounter there which isn't on the main map. Story 1.04 is where the start of the Fortresss level is so I thought it was a logical place for the map to be linked.

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 11:57
A few TFtYP, Sunless Citadel corrections to add to the list:

NPC, Meepo, “Other” Tab:
1st para, line 9—Insert space before “If he is disturbed”
2nd para, line two—change worshipevil to worship evil
3rd para, bold “Strength in Numbers.”
Tunnelers and Builders paragraph, 4th line- change tunnelsthrough to tunnels through
Tunnelers and Builders para., Line 7- Insert space before “The most insidious”
The Lost God paragraph, line 5—change godof to god of
The Lost God para., Line 11 change undergroundmaze to underground maze

1.38 37. Trophy Room—change Parcel: Valcryx’s Hoard to Calcryx’s Hoard
1.41 40. Goblinville, Agate Statue Parcel—change staute to statue

Thanks for pointing these out. The first ones are actually errors in the MM which has just been carried over, so I'll fix them there too. The last two are all down to my deficient typing skills.

xanstin
April 8th, 2017, 13:40
The battlemap is linked at location 1.04. I included a battlemap for the Ledge since there's an encounter there which isn't on the main map. Story 1.04 is where the start of the Fortresss level is so I thought it was a logical place for the map to be linked.

Dont know how I missed that one.

xanstin
April 8th, 2017, 13:41
Ok, I've had a look at this and I have to admit I'm really not sure what it is you are pointing to. All of the modules have the same introduction, in both Story and Reference, which includes a picture of Durnan. All the modules in the reference section including Sunless Citadel start with an embedded picture of the front cover of the module. The Sunless Citadel one is the picture of the three druids. Can you be more specific as to what it is you are pointing to. Perhaps with a screen shot to make it a bit clearer?

Ok I think the issue is in the words I am using. What I mean is the thumbnail for the module. Here is an example with the picture I was thinking about. 18467

This isn't really a bug but my OCD getting the best of me ;)

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 16:25
Ok I think the issue is in the words I am using. What I mean is the thumbnail for the module. Here is an example with the picture I was thinking about.

This isn't really a bug but my OCD getting the best of me ;)

Ok, yes. That's already on my list.

Beldak
April 8th, 2017, 21:56
Cheers Beldak; great work.

Question, after I finishing my LMoP review, I was going to take a crack at the Basic Rules for both Players and DM. There are updated source PDFs released publicly, and there are some corrections/typos to fix also. Since these are available, can I edit the files directly somehow since there shouldn't be a trademark issue like there was with a purchased module? Currently, I can't edit any of that within FG itself. I'm willing to give it a shot - just let me know.

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2017, 22:04
Sorry, I can't release any files.

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2017, 00:36
Question, after I finishing my LMoP review, I was going to take a crack at the Basic Rules for both Players and DM. There are updated source PDFs released publicly, and there are some corrections/typos to fix also. Since these are available, can I edit the files directly somehow since there shouldn't be a trademark issue like there was with a purchased module? Currently, I can't edit any of that within FG itself. I'm willing to give it a shot - just let me know.
Even though the Basic Rules are distributed freely, they are still copyrighted so I believe they are still encrypted in FG.

That said, SW regularly incorporates all of the published errata so that should be taken care of for you. If you do find any needed corrections, posting them here will get them fixed pretty quickly.

mozmonar
April 9th, 2017, 18:50
The Yuan-ti Malison entry from Monster Manual is filled with formatting errors. See the (hopefully) attached image. Innate Spellcasting Trait is tacked on to the Shapechanger Trait, Actions are a confusing mess. And in many places "yuan-ti" is written as "yuan?ti"

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2017, 19:00
The Yuan-ti Malison entry from Monster Manual is filled with formatting errors. See the (hopefully) attached image. Innate Spellcasting Trait is tacked on to the Shapechanger Trait, Actions are a confusing mess. And in many places "yuan-ti" is written as "yuan?ti"

Ouch, how has that survived for this long without someone pointing it out? I've added it to my list, thanks for reporting.

Mavrik6666
April 14th, 2017, 17:10
Shadow Fey Duelist Monster Entry in the Tome of Beasts....... Saving throws for CON and WIS.. there is an extra space in the entries, between the + and the number, making the saving throws not work correctly
Mav

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 17:37
Shadow Fey Duelist Monster Entry in the Tome of Beasts....... Saving throws for CON and WIS.. there is an extra space in the entries, between the + and the number, making the saving throws not work correctly
Mav

Noted, thanks.

Eru the One
April 15th, 2017, 18:11
Minor stuff post 3.3.0

SKT Module Thumbnail reverted to non cover art
Tomb of Horrors Module Thumbnail is using Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan's Thumbnail

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2017, 20:49
Both of those were corrected and should have made into V3.3; they are showing correct on my machine. I will have to investigate

astromath
April 16th, 2017, 13:21
The Thorn Slinger from TYP has a Challenge Rating of 1/1 and it should be 1/2.

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 16:29
The Thorn Slinger from TYP has a Challenge Rating of 1/1 and it should be 1/2.

How odd; it's correct in the appendices. I'll note it down.

SirGraystone
April 16th, 2017, 17:10
One of my player pointed out something strange about magical armor and shield, a shield have a base of AC2 with a +1 it should give a total of AC3. But the Shield,+1 have a base AC3 with a +1 bonus for a total of AC4, shield +2 give AC6 and shield +3 give AC8 in FG. The magical armor has similar problem plate armor +3 give an AC of 24. My guess would be that in previous version of FG maybe there was no bonus and the base AC was including the bonus in the base, then some update allowed to put the bonus, but base AC didnt get updated in the DMG for that change.

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 18:09
One of my player pointed out something strange about magical armor and shield, a shield have a base of AC2 with a +1 it should give a total of AC3. But the Shield,+1 have a base AC3 with a +1 bonus for a total of AC4, shield +2 give AC6 and shield +3 give AC8 in FG. The magical armor has similar problem plate armor +3 give an AC of 24. My guess would be that in previous version of FG maybe there was no bonus and the base AC was including the bonus in the base, then some update allowed to put the bonus, but base AC didnt get updated in the DMG for that change.

This has somehow got itself unfixed, since it was identified and fixed. I'll get it refixed.

The Hawk and Sparrow
April 17th, 2017, 22:26
hmmm... not seeing 5e in my ruleset offerings.... my account seems o.k. Any ideas?

LordEntrails
April 17th, 2017, 22:47
hmmm... not seeing 5e in my ruleset offerings.... my account seems o.k. Any ideas?
Make sure you don't have any sub-directories in your ruleset folder. Then delete the exisitng 5e.pak and re-run your update.

celestian
April 18th, 2017, 05:21
I am not sure this is a 5e specific thing (might just be everything) but when changing the "name" and "password" from the launcher desktop I get errors. I'd also point out that the "name" I use doesn't show up when I throw dice, just "GM".

https://i.imgur.com/G6imRLV.png

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2017, 05:23
I am not sure this is a 5e specific thing (might just be everything) but when changing the "name" and "password" from the launcher desktop I get errors. I'd also point out that the "name" I use doesn't show up when I throw dice, just "GM".

Not 5E specific, but Moon posted that the hot fix he pushed today should have fixed this (along with a couple other things). Run an update and see if this persists. If so, the 3.3.0 thread in teh Laboratory is probably a better place to post as I think Moon will see it sooner.

celestian
April 18th, 2017, 05:44
Not 5E specific, but Moon posted that the hot fix he pushed today should have fixed this (along with a couple other things). Run an update and see if this persists. If so, the 3.3.0 thread in teh Laboratory is probably a better place to post as I think Moon will see it sooner.

Yup, this was after I had applied today's update. I'll post it in the suggested thread.

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2017, 17:38
Please try again.

Thanks,
JPG

celestian
April 18th, 2017, 18:30
Please try again.

Thanks,
JPG

No problems now, works!

Thanks for your help.

lostsanityreturned
April 18th, 2017, 22:14
The recent 3.3.0 updates have broken Princes of the Apocalypse encounter tokens somehow.
When adding from an encounter nearly every enemy shows up with the default fantasy grounds letter (not even the 5e letters)

When adding the same NPCs to the combat tracker manually they have the right token and the encounter list it's self shows the right tokens even when pre-placing them on the battlemap.
PotA seems to be the only campaign module this is happening to as well, I have tried hoard, abyss and storm kings so far. I have started two fresh campaigns just to make sure and done it while loading up all the normal books as well as loading just the campaign module.

-edit-
Manually unlocking the encounter and replacing the token with the same token seems to fix it. A very labor intensive fix, but it works.

-edit 2-
Just tried it out on a fresh install of fantasy grounds and the same issue persists.

drakonin
April 19th, 2017, 00:55
Player Gacklstugh Map in Out of the Abyss campaign seems to be missing, the GM one works fine.

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2017, 09:19
The recent 3.3.0 updates have broken Princes of the Apocalypse encounter tokens somehow.
When adding from an encounter nearly every enemy shows up with the default fantasy grounds letter (not even the 5e letters)

Player Gacklstugh Map in Out of the Abyss campaign seems to be missing, the GM one works fine.

Noted, thanks for reporting

The Hawk and Sparrow
April 19th, 2017, 21:29
Once again... you da man! Thanks!! I have enjoyed running my group on FG for over two years now... They started in Red Larch and have just sandboxed all over the place. Any chance you guys will establish some connectivity with the D&D Beyond tool? I have been posting a lot on there providing feedback about how helpful it would be to be able to build encounters / characters and test them in a format that could be exported to FG and then used.

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2017, 21:38
Not sure but ddavison commented a couple of times in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37239-D-amp-D-Beyond)

Nylanfs
April 20th, 2017, 14:27
Also in one of the interviews somewhere the Curse project lead says that he uses Fantasy Grounds quite often, so I would bet there will be a link somewhere.

astromath
April 22nd, 2017, 11:37
The giant ice toad is listed as a monstrisity instead of a monstrosity.

rob2e
April 22nd, 2017, 11:42
The giant ice toad is listed as a monstrisity instead of a monstrosity.

New Zealand accent? Not an error?

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2017, 11:46
Added to the list, thanks.

mozmonar
April 23rd, 2017, 04:41
Still massive problems with the Yuan-ti Malison from PHB. Still a number of "yuan?ti" in there and the actions are still a confusing mess. I think the biggest problem comes from the variable nature of the entry. You may consider just breaking this out into 3 separate monster entries...Malison Type 1, Malison Type 2 and Malison Type 3 and avoid all the unnecessary additional entries.

Zacchaeus
April 23rd, 2017, 10:58
Still massive problems with the Yuan-ti Malison from PHB. Still a number of "yuan?ti" in there and the actions are still a confusing mess. I think the biggest problem comes from the variable nature of the entry. You may consider just breaking this out into 3 separate monster entries...Malison Type 1, Malison Type 2 and Malison Type 3 and avoid all the unnecessary additional entries.

This has been fixed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34962-5e-Module-Updates&p=316727&viewfull=1#post316727); and I am pretty sure it should be live. This monster isn't in the PHB, it's in the MM. Make sure you MM has updated correctly and that you have selected the NPC from the MM rather from another source. If from another source (like an adventrue) let me know so that I can fix it there too.

mozmonar
April 23rd, 2017, 13:28
Yeah I meant MM...Not sure why I said PHB. It was partly fixed with the last update. But is still a mess.

Zacchaeus
April 23rd, 2017, 16:10
Yeah I meant MM...Not sure why I said PHB. It was partly fixed with the last update. But is still a mess.

No, it's completely fixed. Are you not seeing this?

LordEntrails
April 23rd, 2017, 17:56
No, it's completely fixed. Are you not seeing this?
As a third point,I just checked and it looks good to me (as shown by Mr. Z).

rob2e
April 24th, 2017, 02:41
Although it's obvious the damage for Divine Strike (Nature) is a 1d8, it does not actually SAY that.

Zacchaeus
April 24th, 2017, 10:40
How odd, I'll add it to the list.

astromath
April 25th, 2017, 12:33
Spelling Error: Under Hell Hound Cloak from TYP Against the Giants, the type is mispelled as worndrous. It should be wondrous.

Zacchaeus
April 25th, 2017, 16:18
Spelling Error: Under Hell Hound Cloak from TYP Against the Giants, the type is mispelled as worndrous. It should be wondrous.

Added to the list.

astromath
April 28th, 2017, 02:59
This is something minor but in The Rise of Tiamat, the half-dragons have inconsistent formatting. You have "Half blue" and then later you have "Half-blue". The Half-Red is worse. There is the "Half Red", the "Half-Red", the "Half red", and the "Half-red". Since the template in the MM is "Half-Red Dragon", they all should be formatted the same.

P.S. At least that's how it looks in the NPC list.

jwfitt
April 28th, 2017, 10:07
What happened to character sheets? Seems the the pop-up window where you could edit modifiers, related stats, etc. are gone for your AC on the Main tab, and same for Weapons on the Action tab (ie, using Dex or Finesse on a Dagger)?

I created a brand new 5e game and did everything from scratch and still seems to be missing.

spite
April 28th, 2017, 11:03
Any extensions running when getting that issue? I'm not able to recreate this.

Also, does clicking where the buttons SHOULD be still open the windows?

jwfitt
April 28th, 2017, 16:29
Any extensions running when getting that issue? I'm not able to recreate this.

Also, does clicking where the buttons SHOULD be still open the windows?

Zero extensions on in my new test campaign. The only thing that does open are the shield buttons for a weapon with links to that weapon entry, but not the window where you could edit modifier, primary stats, bonuses, etc.

jwfitt
April 28th, 2017, 17:16
I still had an old copy of v 3.2.3 on my laptop. In a test campaign in that version I am able to see the little magnifying glass that gives me access to the two pop-up windows I am talking about.

See attached:

These are completely inaccessible in my latest, fully patched client in a fresh 5e campaign with zero extensions added.

Zacchaeus
April 28th, 2017, 17:27
Sounds like something hasn't updated properly. Check you don't have any folders or .tmp files in your ruleset folser or any duplicate entries. If so delete them and run an update. If no such folders delete the corerpg.pak and 5e.pak files and run an update.

jwfitt
April 28th, 2017, 17:35
Sounds like something hasn't updated properly. Check you don't have any folders or .tmp files in your ruleset folser or any duplicate entries. If so delete them and run an update. If no such folders delete the corerpg.pak and 5e.pak files and run an update.

Thanks, I was able to update on my laptop here at work and all seems to be well. I'll need to gut some things on my main machine when I get home and see if a fresh update does the trick after that. Cheers!

spite
April 28th, 2017, 21:36
PHB Deluxe Human Variant, the first line of the text has a markup error https://puu.sh/vzi0H/5389d5e5db.jpg
DMG>> Magic Item>> Staff of Charming>> Text is missing some lines. Where it says "If you succeed on a save against an enchantment caster as if you had cast the spell" it should read "If you succeed on a save against an enchantment spell that targets only you, with or without the spell's intervention, you can use your reaction to expend 1 charge from the staff and turn the spell back on it's cast as if you had cast the spell" https://puu.sh/vzibT/df4c06ce8e.jpg

jwfitt
April 29th, 2017, 02:33

Deleting those files and re-patching did the trick. Thanks!

Moon Wizard
April 29th, 2017, 06:58
spite,

Thanks for reporting. Zacchaeus who has been handling the 5E data updates is away on vacation, but I'll put on my list to give him when he returns.

Regards,
JPG

astromath
May 2nd, 2017, 12:35
The tokens for the Player's Handbook include two K tokens and two T tokens.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2017, 17:57
The tokens for the Player's Handbook include two K tokens and two T tokens.
I'm not seeing this.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18834

What other modules do you have open?

astromath
May 4th, 2017, 18:34
Here's what I have:

Trenloe
May 4th, 2017, 18:39
Here's what I have:

Try it in a completely new 5E campaign with no other modules open. Tokens will appear within the token bag if they have been used elsewhere within the campaign, so check this in a brand new campaign with no other modules open.

tadkil
May 6th, 2017, 16:34
My apologies if this has been noted already. Add effect is no longer available when adding a power. Just spent 25 minutes trying to identify my ID10T error and realized the functionality was missing. Can anyone provide insight?

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2017, 03:29
I just did this is my game this week without any problems. Make sure you right click on the name of the new power, then Add Action, then Add Effect.

Regards,
JPG

tadkil
May 7th, 2017, 04:08
Let me clarify. I can Add Effect, but once the effect is added, I do not get an opportunity to define the impact. I was trying to add Second Wind onto a new player's character sheet, and could not modify the effect after it was created. My players report the same issue. Is my installation corrupt?

LordEntrails
May 7th, 2017, 06:38
Let me clarify. I can Add Effect, but once the effect is added, I do not get an opportunity to define the impact. I was trying to add Second Wind onto a new player's character sheet, and could not modify the effect after it was created. My players report the same issue. Is my installation corrupt?
How about screen shots and more details of what you can't do. May be an installation thing, maybe be an education thing.

tadkil
May 7th, 2017, 07:21
How about screen shots and more details of what you can't do. May be an installation thing, maybe be an education thing.

It's an issue with one campaign. Double checked my Savage Worlds game and 2 of my retired campaigns and they were ok. Doesn't work in character generation or in my Thule game, which is 5E and has had about 25 sessions.

18865 Here's am example of what I am seeing. And I run 2 games a week and play in 2 more. Not a developer but and experienced user.

tadkil
May 7th, 2017, 07:33

It's an issue with one campaign. Double checked my Savage Worlds game and 2 of my retired campaigns and they were ok. Doesn't work in character generation or in my Thule game, which is 5E and has had about 25 sessions.

18865 Here's am example of what I am seeing. And I run 2 games a week and play in 2 more. Not a developer but and experienced user.

spite
May 7th, 2017, 08:20
Can you rreload the campaign with no extensions running and see if that helps show the magnifying glass?

tadkil
May 7th, 2017, 16:41
Can you rreload the campaign with no extensions running and see if that helps show the magnifying glass?

Good call and I tried that. I also disabled the "Thule Stats" module we built. It's gone. I may have to rebuild the table top from scratch.

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2017, 18:33
The arrow down and to the right icon in your screenshot is supposed to be the "Add Action" menu, which opens to the submenu to Add Effect.

Once the effect is created, the magnifying glass should be visible to the right of each action you created.

If you're not seeing those, make sure extensions disabled, no ruleset folders unpacked, and maybe delete the 5E-addons.dat file in the vault and re-update.

Regards,
JPG

tadkil
May 7th, 2017, 20:05
The arrow down and to the right icon in your screenshot is supposed to be the "Add Action" menu, which opens to the submenu to Add Effect.

Once the effect is created, the magnifying glass should be visible to the right of each action you created.

If you're not seeing those, make sure extensions disabled, no ruleset folders unpacked, and maybe delete the 5E-addons.dat file in the vault and re-update.

Regards,
JPG
I will try that and thanks for the advice.

Wookiee420
May 9th, 2017, 07:51
Hey in SKT 06.08.00 it looks like the map levels are reversed...and also the Denizens some of the formatting is off (some bold isnt complete)

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 15:34
In Rise of Tiamat, the Teleport spell is listed as level -1 with no description.

Allmight
May 13th, 2017, 08:30
PotA 2.07.07.Helvur Tarnlar, Clothier

The statblock list Helvur Tarnlar as a "male Turami human commoner" even though he is described as a Tethyrian in the text and his wife is Tethyrian.
Maegla has a spelling error in her statblock, "female Tehyrian human commoner" instead of Tethyrian.

Allmight
May 13th, 2017, 09:31
Seems the "Tehyrian" spelling error i mentioned in the post above is present in most statblocks through the PotA module.

Zacchaeus
May 13th, 2017, 14:17
Thanks for the reports. I'll be back in the UK in a couple of days and get them all sorted out.

astromath
May 15th, 2017, 05:17
Module: TYP Against the Giants
Table: Giant's Bag Contents
61-64 has [d300 + 100] cp. Problem: This produces a range of 101 to 400 but the range should be 100 to 400. Therefore it should be either [1d4x100] cp or [100d4] cp.
65-67 has [10d6 + 10] sp. Problem: This produces a range of 20 to 70 but the range should be 20 to 80. Therefore it should be either [2d4x10] sp or [20d4] sp.
68-69 has [d30 + 10] gp. Problem: This produces a range of 11 to 40 but the range should be 10 to 40. Therefore it should be either [1d4x10] gp or [10d4] gp.
77-83 has [d110 + 10] Feet of very strong rope. Problem: This produces a range of 11 to 120 but the range should be 10 to 120. Therefore it should be either [1d12x10] Feet of very strong rope or [10d12] Feet of very strong rope.

What I'm trying to say is that the ranges in FG is not the same as the ranges in the book. See TYP page 166.

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2017, 11:09
Hey in SKT 06.08.00 it looks like the map levels are reversed...and also the Denizens some of the formatting is off (some bold isnt complete)

I've had a look at this and I don't see any problem. The text doesn't distinguish between level one and level two; I just designated the maps as such; they could equally be the other way around but I don't think that makes any difference. All that it would mean would be a change of name. I can't see anything wrong with the bolding either in the denizens table.

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2017, 11:21
61-64 has [d300 + 100] cp. Problem: This produces a range of 101 to 400 but the range should be 100 to 400. Therefore it should be either [1d4x100] cp or [100d4] cp.
65-67 has [10d6 + 10] sp. Problem: This produces a range of 20 to 70 but the range should be 20 to 80. Therefore it should be either [2d4x10] sp or [20d4] sp.
68-69 has [d30 + 10] gp. Problem: This produces a range of 11 to 40 but the range should be 10 to 40. Therefore it should be either [1d4x10] gp or [10d4] gp.
77-83 has [d110 + 10] Feet of very strong rope. Problem: This produces a range of 11 to 120 but the range should be 10 to 120. Therefore it should be either [1d12x10] Feet of very strong rope or [10d12] Feet of very strong rope.

What I'm trying to say is that the ranges in FG is not the same as the ranges in the book. See TYP page 166.

Thanks. I'll amend those idc.

astromath
May 15th, 2017, 12:47
Problem: In FG, you have Waythe located in room 11 (Great Hall). However, it doesn't say anywhere in the description of the room which giant has Waythe. You only find mention of it in room 14 (Main Guest Chamber). In the original module, the sword is found in that room and no sheath is mentioned. This is probably an error in WotC's translation of the module (only including the sheath for Waythe, but Waythe itself is nowhere to be found). Basically, the question is: why would the cloud giant carry Waythe without the sheath? Answer: He wouldn't. He would leave it in the sheath.

Suggestion: Put Waythe in room 14 making one parcel for the sword & the sheath.
Suggestion: Add a new creature called "Cloud Giant Ambassador" with Waythe in the Action block in addition to the morningstar (for the room 11 encounter) along with making the cloud giant's alignment as neutral good (because Waythe is neutral good).

P.S. My view is whenever there is a major discrepancy (such as where Waythe is located), go with the original module.

Allmight
May 15th, 2017, 15:04
PotA 6.02.02 Haunted Tomb

Tomb Passage
Text descibes the Specter as "Lawful Neutral" but NPC stats list him as "Chaotic Evil".

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2017, 16:43
Problem: In FG, you have Waythe located in room 11 (Great Hall). However, it doesn't say anywhere in the description of the room which giant has Waythe. You only find mention of it in room 14 (Main Guest Chamber). In the original module, the sword is found in that room and no sheath is mentioned. This is probably an error in WotC's translation of the module (only including the sheath for Waythe, but Waythe itself is nowhere to be found). Basically, the question is: why would the cloud giant carry Waythe without the sheath? Answer: He wouldn't. He would leave it in the sheath.

Suggestion: Put Waythe in room 14 making one parcel for the sword & the sheath.
Suggestion: Add a new creature called "Cloud Giant Ambassador" with Waythe in the Action block in addition to the morningstar (for the room 11 encounter) along with making the cloud giant's alignment as neutral good (because Waythe is neutral good).

P.S. My view is whenever there is a major discrepancy (such as where Waythe is located), go with the original module.

Well spotted; I'll update the Giant in the Great Hall to carry the sword. The sword is described in the appendix but as you say doesn't appear anywhere else. Not sure what the function of the sheath is either.

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2017, 16:44
PotA 6.02.02 Haunted Tomb

Tomb Passage
Text descibes the Specter as "Lawful Neutral" but NPC stats list him as "Chaotic Evil".

Noted

astromath
May 16th, 2017, 02:57
TYP Against the Giants
Room 21 Lizards' Lair
Suggestion: Change the name from giant lizard to subterranean lizard and change everywhere it says crocodile to subterranean lizard.
Reason: There's already a giant lizard in the monster manual. Don't want to confuse the players.

LordEntrails
May 16th, 2017, 03:03
TYP Against the Giants
Room 21 Lizards' Lair
Suggestion: Change the name from giant lizard to subterranean lizard and change everywhere it says crocodile to subterranean lizard.
Reason: There's already a giant lizard in the monster manual. Don't want to confuse the players.
Guys, you do realize that SW doesn't get to make changes to published modules don't you? If the released module calls something a "X", then they are obligated to call it an "X" in the FG module. Even if we all know it should be a "Y".

astromath
May 16th, 2017, 03:14
The description in the published module says "subterranean lizard." Not "giant lizard."

LordEntrails
May 16th, 2017, 03:16
The description in the published module says "subterranean lizard." Not "giant lizard."
Ah! See, that's all you have to say :) Talking about the MM makes it seems like its not about a discrepancy between the publish and the FG versions, but rather a "mistake" in all the published versions.

astromath
May 16th, 2017, 03:24
Sorry that I wasn't clear. I'm also willing to bet that there are many "use stat blocks for xxx creature" where only the name of the creature is changed and not in the text below. The subterranean lizard is just an example where the name of the creature was changed, but it still said crocodile in the text below. It's rather confusing if one part is changed and not the other part. I'll see if I can get up a list. But it won't be right away. I'm comparing the original module to the newly published module to give me a guideline on converting T1-4 from 1e to 5e (for my use only). These "errors" are just byproducts of that research.

LordEntrails
May 16th, 2017, 03:58
Sorry that I wasn't clear. I'm also willing to bet that there are many "use stat blocks for xxx creature" where only the name of the creature is changed and not in the text below. The subterranean lizard is just an example where the name of the creature was changed, but it still said crocodile in the text below. It's rather confusing if one part is changed and not the other part. I'll see if I can get up a list. But it won't be right away. I'm comparing the original module to the newly published module to give me a guideline on converting T1-4 from 1e to 5e (for my use only). These "errors" are just byproducts of that research.
And sorry if I sounded cranky or unthankful. As a fellow player/customer, I'm all for you reporting as many bugs as possible. I'm thankful that SW is so keen to make frequent corrections/updates. I do wish though there were not as many conversion issues as there are. Having converted stuff myself (AAW modules) I'm starting to learn it's not as easy a process as it should be.

astromath
May 16th, 2017, 14:46
TYP Against the Giants

Huge mistake. In the frost giant steading, you have fire giants in cavern outpost (areas 9 and 10) instead of frost giants. See TYP page182.

astromath
May 16th, 2017, 15:33
TYP Against the Giants

Creature: Yeti leader in area 13 (ice cavern).
Since this creature uses the greatsword exclusively (according to published description, see page 185), the multiattack action needs to change the claws to the greatsword.
The yeti leader also has resistance to fire damage due to the greatsword. I would add this as follows:

Damage Resistances fire (from frost brand)

Without this line, FG will not apply damage from fire to the yeti leader properly.

I would also add the following under traits of the yeti leader:

Greatsword Frost Brand
[description for frost brand]

By adding this magic item as a creature trait, FG can properly apply any of the magic item's special abilities. (Once Unity with its dynamic lighting is out, the FG can apply the frost brand's lighting ability to Unity's dynamic lighting capability when the sword is drawn.)

P.S. I a huge fan of if a creature uses a magic item, then the item should be listed under creature traits (especially if the item does more than just damage the opponent or add bonuses to AC).

Kordin
May 16th, 2017, 22:25
in the story mode of LmoP. in section -- P2-06 Redbrand Ruffians--- it states -- Developments
Redbrands who are captured or charmed by the characters can impart useful information. (See the "What the Redbrands Know" sidebar on page 20.) Townmaster Harbin Wester won't want to keep Redbrand prisoners until he knows the whole gang has been defeated, but the characters can easily persuade or intimidate him into locking up any prisoners they capture for at least a few days. --

no way to find where page 20 is. in the search box in the story tab. i typed in what the redbrands know and there were 0 results

P2-07.07. Storeroom and Work Area --- This room contains two secret doors, one leading to area 6 and the other to area 12. See the "General Features" section (page 20) for more information on secret doors have to scroll through all story text to find the information. when typed general features in the story tab search bar. .. if set to all. it comes up with P4-02.00 General features for wave echo cave. but when set to anything else. no results are returned.. and the page in question.. was not the one about echo cave.

Zacchaeus
May 16th, 2017, 22:34
TYP Against the Giants

Creature: Yeti leader in area 13 (ice cavern).
Since this creature uses the greatsword exclusively (according to published description, see page 185), the multiattack action needs to change the claws to the greatsword.
The yeti leader also has resistance to fire damage due to the greatsword. I would add this as follows:

Damage Resistances fire (from frost brand)

Without this line, FG will not apply damage from fire to the yeti leader properly.

I would also add the following under traits of the yeti leader:

Greatsword Frost Brand
[description for frost brand]

By adding this magic item as a creature trait, FG can properly apply any of the magic item's special abilities. (Once Unity with its dynamic lighting is out, the FG can apply the frost brand's lighting ability to Unity's dynamic lighting capability when the sword is drawn.)

P.S. I a huge fan of if a creature uses a magic item, then the item should be listed under creature traits (especially if the item does more than just damage the opponent or add bonuses to AC).

Oops, missed that. Well spotted. I'll add it to the list

Zacchaeus
May 16th, 2017, 22:37
in the story mode of LmoP. in section -- P2-06 Redbrand Ruffians--- it states -- Developments
Redbrands who are captured or charmed by the characters can impart useful information. (See the "What the Redbrands Know" sidebar on page 20.) Townmaster Harbin Wester won't want to keep Redbrand prisoners until he knows the whole gang has been defeated, but the characters can easily persuade or intimidate him into locking up any prisoners they capture for at least a few days. --

no way to find where page 20 is. in the search box in the story tab. i typed in what the redbrands know and there were 0 results

P2-07.07. Storeroom and Work Area --- This room contains two secret doors, one leading to area 6 and the other to area 12. See the "General Features" section (page 20) for more information on secret doors have to scroll through all story text to find the information. when typed general features in the story tab search bar. .. if set to all. it comes up with P4-02.00 General features for wave echo cave. but when set to anything else. no results are returned.. and the page in question.. was not the one about echo cave.

Thanks for reporting; I'll add links to the relevant section which is P2-07.00

astromath
May 17th, 2017, 02:43
TYP Against the Giants

Frost Giant stronghold
Area 29 (White Puddings)
Problem: The text in the book gives the puddings natural camouflage, but the FG creature stat block does not. See page 185 "29 White Puddings" last sentence. One last thing. Their size is Huge according to the text.

P.S. Do you think you could photoshop the black pudding token to look white instead? Either that or replace the token with a "W" token. This way, the players won't have a clue that the pudding is a modified black pudding and metagame accordingly.

astromath
May 17th, 2017, 17:51
TYP Against the Giants

Frost Giant stronghold.
Creatures: Jarl Grungar & Estia. The description on the "other" tab should be for frost giant, not cloud giant. Even though they use cloud giant stats, they are not cloud giants.

Zacchaeus
May 17th, 2017, 19:52
TYP Against the Giants

Frost Giant stronghold
Area 29 (White Puddings)
Problem: The text in the book gives the puddings natural camouflage, but the FG creature stat block does not. See page 185 "29 White Puddings" last sentence. One last thing. Their size is Huge according to the text.

P.S. Do you think you could photoshop the black pudding token to look white instead? Either that or replace the token with a "W" token. This way, the players won't have a clue that the pudding is a modified black pudding and metagame accordingly.

Noted, My photoshop skills aren't up do that. Is a W really better than a picture?

TYP Against the Giants

Frost Giant stronghold.
Creatures: Jarl Grungar & Estia. The description on the "other" tab should be for frost giant, not cloud giant. Even though they use cloud giant stats, they are not cloud giants.

Noted.

astromath
May 18th, 2017, 11:47
TYP Against the Giants

All of the following can be found on page 193 and in the story window for area 3 (Throne Room and Audience Chamber). Also, all of the following deals with the items themselves, not the story window. The story window is correct.
The description describes the crown is made from iron, FG has it as "golden crown"
The description describes the cloak as being made from white dragon hide, FG doesn't have that in the cloak's description
The description describes the girdle as having 66 garnets at 10 gp each, FG has the girdle having 36 gems (doesn't even say what the gems are) at 10 gp each for a cost of 360 gp. It should be 66 garnets at 10 gp each for a cost of 660 gp.

EDIT:
Area 5 (Queen's Chamber)
Encounter is missing the poisonous snakes, one in each casket. I would put them as a separate encounter because of that (they would be the equivalent of traps).

astromath
May 18th, 2017, 14:27
TYP Against the Giants

Table: 3.1.10 9. King Snurre's Treasure Cave
Problem: Table C column has "2x]" instead of "[2x]" thus not rolling on the table the appropriate number of times.

EDIT
Area 3.1.10 9. King Snurre's Treasure Cave
Problem: the parcel for coffer 4 is labeled coffer 6 (there is no coffer 6, must by a typo)

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2017, 15:11
TYP Against the Giants

All of the following can be found on page 193 and in the story window for area 3 (Throne Room and Audience Chamber). Also, all of the following deals with the items themselves, not the story window. The story window is correct.
The description describes the crown is made from iron, FG has it as "golden crown"
The description describes the cloak as being made from white dragon hide, FG doesn't have that in the cloak's description
The description describes the girdle as having 66 garnets at 10 gp each, FG has the girdle having 36 gems (doesn't even say what the gems are) at 10 gp each for a cost of 360 gp. It should be 66 garnets at 10 gp each for a cost of 660 gp.

EDIT:
Area 5 (Queen's Chamber)
Encounter is missing the poisonous snakes, one in each casket. I would put them as a separate encounter because of that (they would be the equivalent of traps).

Noted. There is an encounter for the poisonous snakes. Not a lot of point in linking 6 encounters all exactly the same, since the one can be reused.

TYP Against the Giants

Table: 3.1.10 9. King Snurre's Treasure Cave
Problem: Table C column has "2x]" instead of "[2x]" thus not rolling on the table the appropriate number of times.

EDIT
Area 3.1.10 9. King Snurre's Treasure Cave
Problem: the parcel for coffer 4 is labeled coffer 6 (there is no coffer 6, must by a typo)

Noted. Thanks as always for your eagle eye.

astromath
May 18th, 2017, 15:14
Crazy thing is, I'm not actually actively looking for errors. I'm just coming across them while I'm doing research.

astromath
May 18th, 2017, 17:15
TYP Against the Giants

Creature 1: Ombi: minor quibble, text on page 197 says that he has a long knife which is equivalent to a shortsword, not an actual shortsword. His action block has shortsword.
Creature 2: Ombi Armed: action block is missing his battleaxe. Also, the text on 197 doesn't say that his warhammer (or battleaxe for that matter) are poisoned like it did for his long knife. Therefore, the poison effect should be deleted from the warhammer's writeup. Last thing (this suggestion can be ignored), a very minor quibble, since the battleaxe is versatile, I would write his AC as follows: 20 (Dwarven plate, or 23 with shield +1).

P.S. I tried to "photoshop" the black pudding into a white pudding using GIMP 2. I failed. I came close to what I would have wanted, but it wasn't good enough.

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2017, 18:00
TYP Against the Giants

Creature 1: Ombi: minor quibble, text on page 197 says that he has a long knife which is equivalent to a shortsword, not an actual shortsword. His action block has shortsword.
Creature 2: Ombi Armed: action block is missing his battleaxe. Also, the text on 197 doesn't say that his warhammer (or battleaxe for that matter) are poisoned like it did for his long knife. Therefore, the poison effect should be deleted from the warhammer's writeup. Last thing (this suggestion can be ignored), a very minor quibble, since the battleaxe is versatile, I would write his AC as follows: 20 (Dwarven plate, or 23 with shield +1).

P.S. I tried to "photoshop" the black pudding into a white pudding using GIMP 2. I failed. I came close to what I would have wanted, but it wasn't good enough.

I think the poison should stay because the NPC is based on the assassin NPC from the MM and the poison trait is incorporated in there. I'm not sure why but I assumed that the reference to the long knife being poisoned was just to make sure that the DM would include it and realise that it was the same as the shortsword attack that the assassin has. I've noted the other points for amendment.

astromath
May 18th, 2017, 22:23
TYP Against the Giants

Item: Hell Hound Cloak
Problem: This cloak should have no subtype. See page 228.

astromath
May 19th, 2017, 11:54
TYP Against the Giants.

This is not a bug (per se), but a suggestion.

Area 3.2.10 8. Secret Room
Chest 3

There are 2 items that require DM's choice. Let's suppose the DM chooses to roll randomly for those items. Here's the problem. There no tables in FG that would allow him/her to do that. The DM would need to take a time out from the game and figure out how to roll for those items, thus delaying the game.

So, my suggestion is to create those tables.

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 13:11
TYP Against the Giants.

This is not a bug (per se), but a suggestion.

Area 3.2.10 8. Secret Room
Chest 3

There are 2 items that require DM's choice. Let's suppose the DM chooses to roll randomly for those items. Here's the problem. There no tables in FG that would allow him/her to do that. The DM would need to take a time out from the game and figure out how to roll for those items, thus delaying the game.

So, my suggestion is to create those tables.

Yeah, I did considered that at the time but it's the DMs choice rather than a random roll, so I didn't prepare anything. However a table could be useful since the DM could ignore the roll and simply drag items into the existing parcel from the table. I might just do that.

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 13:15
TYP Against the Giants

Item: Hell Hound Cloak
Problem: This cloak should have no subtype. See page 228.

Agreed, the text in the subtype is actually the non-id description so it's in the wrong box. The item is also described as a 'womdrous item' :)

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 13:33

I'm looking at this now. I'm not sure I agree with you. Whilst the book does say that the range for copper pieces for example should be 100-400 and the formula I have used gives 101-400 I'm not sure many people are going to be worried by being 1 cp out on the very rare roll which comes up 101. It isn't clear of course from the text whether the intention is to increment by 100's (so that the result will be 100, 200, 300, 400 which would be your 1d4*100) or whether any number between 100 and 400 would be possible. 100d4 would increment in multiples of 4. To get it precise the rolls should probably be d301+99, d61+19, d41+9 and d111+9.

I think I'll leave it as it is.

Incidentally the 65-67 range is 10d6+20 not 10d6 +10

astromath
May 19th, 2017, 14:33
Sorry. I'm a little perfectionistic. I don't know how familiar you are with the value ranges from prior editions, but back then it was always assumed that the increments would be a factor of the die roll. Example: 100-400 would always have increments of 100, 200, 300, and 400. I believe that convention never changed from edition to edition (at least I can't find any changes and I have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions).

As far as formulas are concerned, they are performed in the order from left to right. If the formula is 1d4x100, then 1d4 is rolled, then the result is multiplied by 100; not rolling 1d4 one hundred times.

P.S. Also, back in prior editions, we didn't have computers (or ones that were programmed for d&d), so it was easier to just to roll a die and multiply it by the factor.

P.P.S. This is not to influence your decision, just explaining where I come from only.

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 16:55
TYP Against the Giants

It does, in the non id description

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 17:09
Sorry. I'm a little perfectionistic. I don't know how familiar you are with the value ranges from prior editions, but back then it was always assumed that the increments would be a factor of the die roll. Example: 100-400 would always have increments of 100, 200, 300, and 400. I believe that convention never changed from edition to edition (at least I can't find any changes and I have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions).

As far as formulas are concerned, they are performed in the order from left to right. If the formula is 1d4x100, then 1d4 is rolled, then the result is multiplied by 100; not rolling 1d4 one hundred times.

P.S. Also, back in prior editions, we didn't have computers (or ones that were programmed for d&d), so it was easier to just to roll a die and multiply it by the factor.

P.P.S. This is not to influence your decision, just explaining where I come from only.

Ok, you make a good point. You are quite correct in that the convention has always been multiples of the dice thrown rather than a precise value, and you are also right in that I'm thinking in more precise terms using a computer rather than rolling on the tabletop. So I'll change it. I'm not sure I suggested 1d4x100 would be 1d4 rolled 100 times, rather it would give a values of only 100, 200, 300, or 400. I was assuming that your problem was that the values rolled would be any number between 101 and 400 and so 100 would never be rolled.

astromath
May 19th, 2017, 19:29
You are correct. I want to be able to roll "100" instead of "101". Especially, since the text in the book allows for it.

As I said, I'm doing research and there are times I go to FG to see how it would be done so I copy the method to what I'm researching.

I'm not a programmer, but I do have the mind of one.

Just an additional trivia note: Remember the TRS-80 Model I from Radio Shack? I managed to program a random PC/NPC generator using BASIC. If the book had something random, then the program did too. I even ended up using a 4-dimensional array. But this probably should go someplace else.

P.S. I still have my TRS-80 with the program on floppy disc (remember those dinosaurs?).
P.P.S. If you need to move these last few sentences to the appropriate forum, go ahead. I'm not 100% sure which one would be appropriate.

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 20:43
No problem your message is fine here.

By the way I have just done a revision of the random scrolls and potions that you mentioned above. I used a story template for the scrolls which allows for a random generation of the spells which can then be dragged into a new magic item. That item can then be added to the existing treasure parcel. I've also provided the base table with all (99) Cleric scrolls so that DMs can select rather than roll randomly and a third table which will allow for the creation of a treasure parcel with just the spells. For the potions I created a table which rolls a parcel but I've also provided the base table so that DMs can choose the potions they want.

astromath
May 19th, 2017, 20:45
Sounds good to me. :) Just as long as you have fun doing it.

astromath
May 20th, 2017, 15:24
TYP Against the Giants

Story: 3.2.11 Temple of the Eye (Areas 9-11)
Problem: Battlemap link is for level 1 and it should be for level 2. I.e. Fire-L2-2-Players

Story: 3.2.12 12. Drow Clerics' Area
Problem: Need a battlemap link for this area. I.e. Fire-L2-1-Players. IOW, this area does not appear on Fire-L2-2-Players battlemap.

astromath
May 20th, 2017, 15:57
TYP Against the Giants

Creature: Tentacled Wall
Problem: Missing trait.

Need to add the following trait (see page 205):
Dispel Magic/Disintegrate Susceptibility (or some variation of that)
Dispel magic causes it 50 points of damage, and a disintegrate spell causes it 100 points of damage.

The following is my interpretation only:
The wall is like 2 ropers combined into one creature (per text). This, to me, says that even the hit points are also combined, i.e., 186 instead of 93. This, again to me, says that the wall should be huge, not large. The entryway is 15 feet across. If the wall is large, then it makes the wall only 10 feet across, thus making it easy to bypass the wall. If the wall was huge, then it would stretch across the whole 15 feet instead of 10 feet. Also, checking the challenge rating for an encounter of 2 ropers makes the encounter CR 8. So, the CR of the wall should be 8 and the XP 3900.

One other argument that the hit points are combined: "The disintegrate spell does 100 points of damage". If the wall had 93 hit points, then why didn't the text say "the disintegrate spell instantly destroys the wall"? This implies that the wall has more than 93 hit points.

Zacchaeus
May 20th, 2017, 17:56
TYP Against the Giants

Story: 3.2.11 Temple of the Eye (Areas 9-11)
Problem: Battlemap link is for level 1 and it should be for level 2. I.e. Fire-L2-2-Players
[Quote]

Oops

Story: 3.2.12 12. Drow Clerics' Area
Problem: Need a battlemap link for this area. I.e. Fire-L2-1-Players. IOW, this area does not appear on Fire-L2-2-Players battlemap.

Do I? This area is accessible from map L2-1 and you'll need to be on that map to get to the area. I appreciate that the numbering means that 8 and 12 are on a different map from 9-11. I suppose if depends on how you navigate through the adventure. I use the map pins either on the DM or player map to access the story entries so I'd need to be on map 2-1 to get to the Area. How did you navigate there?

Zacchaeus
May 20th, 2017, 18:05
TYP Against the Giants

Creature: Tentacled Wall
Problem: Missing trait.

Need to add the following trait (see page 205):
Dispel Magic/Disintegrate Susceptibility (or some variation of that)
Dispel magic causes it 50 points of damage, and a disintegrate spell causes it 100 points of damage.

The following is my interpretation only:
The wall is like 2 ropers combined into one creature (per text). This, to me, says that even the hit points are also combined, i.e., 186 instead of 93. This, again to me, says that the wall should be huge, not large. The entryway is 15 feet across. If the wall is large, then it makes the wall only 10 feet across, thus making it easy to bypass the wall. If the wall was huge, then it would stretch across the whole 15 feet instead of 10 feet. Also, checking the challenge rating for an encounter of 2 ropers makes the encounter CR 8. So, the CR of the wall should be 8 and the XP 3900.

One other argument that the hit points are combined: "The disintegrate spell does 100 points of damage". If the wall had 93 hit points, then why didn't the text say "the disintegrate spell instantly destroys the wall"? This implies that the wall has more than 93 hit points.

Well I debated this one for a while. It's not clear whether the combination should double the hp or not and I felt in the end that 10 attacks per round made up for the fact that it was possible to kill it with one spell (even assuming anyone would use it - granted at the level that this adventure is set at one or more of the party likely has access to it). However you make a persuasive argument regarding the size so I'm going to go with your suggestion.

(By the way you could have posted this like about 10 minutes earlier then I wouldn't have just submitted and update to the module :))

astromath
May 20th, 2017, 20:56
Sorry about that. I type them in as I find them. And, if I need logical reasoning, I have to think of that as well and to make my reasoning as neutral (in tone of voice so as there is no misunderstandings) as possible. Under no circumstance should I even appear to be rude or condescending. That part is against my code of conduct for participating in this forum.

Zacchaeus
May 20th, 2017, 21:55
Sorry about that. I type them in as I find them. And, if I need logical reasoning, I have to think of that as well and to make my reasoning as neutral (in tone of voice so as there is no misunderstandings) as possible. Under no circumstance should I even appear to be rude or condescending. That part is against my code of conduct for participating in this forum.

Oh, heck no, that was a joke :).
It's very hard to think of all the possible permutations that might lead to a situation that you didn't think of when building a module; so all feedback is well received since it can only lead to better modules in the future.

astromath
May 21st, 2017, 05:12
I have Asperger Syndrome. Some jokes go over my head unless explained.

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2017, 12:55
I have Asperger Syndrome. Some jokes go over my head unless explained.

Yep, I can see exactly where you are coming from then. I will be less flippant with my remarks in future (my natural tendency).

astromath
May 21st, 2017, 13:05
There are a few things about my AS: one of them I already mentioned. Others include being a little perfectionistic (if something doesn't add up, like the disintegrate and the wall's hp, there must be a reason [in this case, the wall's hp must be at least 100]), a punster (my counselor says this part is completely incurable). I also have a complete lack of common sense and a complete lack of the ability to read body language (this also includes written material). But, that's enough about me. Now back to our regularly scheduled bug finding (or what looks like bugs).

EDIT: I just found another argument that the wall has more than 100 hp. The original AD&D module has it at 200 hp.

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2017, 13:26
There are a few things about my AS: one of them I already mentioned. Others include being a little perfectionistic (if something doesn't add up, like the disintegrate and the wall's hp, there must be a reason [in this case, the wall's hp must be at least 100]), a punster (my counselor says this part is completely incurable). I also have a complete lack of common sense and a complete lack of the ability to read body language (this also includes written material). But, that's enough about me. Now back to our regularly scheduled bug finding (or what looks like bugs).

EDIT: I just found another argument that the wall has more than 100 hp. The original AD&D module has it at 200 hp.

Nothing wrong with being perfectionist. It bugs (no pun) the hell out of me that the modules aren't perfect right off the bat; but it is incredibly difficult to proof read your own work - especially with a time constraint; so it's great when someone takes the time to report things they see. Others must see it but don't report it. So, essentially, it is not just you and I who benefit but the whole community (well, at least the ones that bought the module anyway :))

Myrdin Potter
May 21st, 2017, 15:01
I always report bugs I see, so they will get corrected and I appreciate people like astromath that take the time to do the same. I will be running that module for one of my groups when they hit the right level and all of these issues will be fixed because astromath took the time to report the problems.

astromath
May 21st, 2017, 16:35
TYP Against the Giants

Area: 3.3.08 7. Treasure Trove Cave
Treasure Hoard.
Problem: Dragon Slayer sword. You have it in the parcel as a greatsword. However, the text says GM's choice.
Solution: Take the sword out of the parcel and add to the note below that the sword is excluded from the parcel.
Alternative solution: Create a table that chooses the sword type randomly from the 5 different sword types.

The following are personal opinions:
A table should be made up to choose the armor randomly. This should be easy to do since there is a very limited number of armors. You could also combine this with the weapon choosing table to create one parcel instead of two separate parcels.

We have the same problem here with the wizard spells as we did with the cleric spells. You could create a completely separate table that only deals with wizard spells.
Since there are a lot of them, here's my alternative take: Create a table that references all spells from the 10 randomized tables that are already created and let the GM figure out if it is a wizard spell or not by looking at the source in the spell's description. If the spell rolled is not a wizard spell, the GM will reroll on the table until the source says it is a wizard spell.

Third alternative take: I have just found a way that may simplify the above:
Step 1: Go to the Classes tab and choose Wizard
Step 2: Scroll down the Wizard window until you get to the Spellcasting link and click on that.
Step 3: In the Spellcasting window, click and drag the Wizards Spells link to the story window just below the Parcel link for the main hoard and rename the link if necessary.

I've tested this. It works. This will not randomize the spell list, but it will automatically bring up all the wizard spells as if you clicked on the link directly from the wizard class window. The only problem with this is the list will not include any spells from sources other than the PH. This is the best workaround for not being able to roll the spells randomly.

This method can be done for other spellcasting classes.

EDIT: I just discovered, the random tables for the dragon slayer and the armor +2 are already there. You just have to reference them. They are in the tables from the DMG.

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2017, 19:31
I have no idea why I included the sword at all since it is a DMs choice. I did think about just linking the tables in the DMG for the random selection of the armour but not everyone will have access to the DMG so I left it as it was. However on reflection I think I should include it as a choice, so that those who do have the DMG can make the roll.

As regards the spells I think I can just do the same as for the Cleric spells by just creating a table of links, which can be randomly rolled. In fact I think I'll do it as a template as I did for the Cleric one. I'll have a look at that tomorrow.

BTW what 10 randomized tables are you referring to?

astromath
May 21st, 2017, 22:34
The tables that use the following for a header:

Spell Scroll (1st Level)
Spell Scroll (2nd Level)
Spell Scroll (9th Level)
Spell Scroll (Cantrip)

These are tables that have already been created for use with Magic Item Table A table, Magic Item Table B table, etc.

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2017, 23:08
Ah, ok. Yeah, I considered using those but as you point out they don't differentiate between arcane and clerical so had limited usefulness for the task in hand.

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 00:02
I had an idea. Since you are doing the random tables for cleric and wizard spells, how about doing the rest and putting those tables in a separate module or even an add-on extension? That way those tables could be used for any future modules, or even homebrew campaigns. I think its just a waste for all that hard work to be used for only one module.

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2017, 02:33
Ah ha. Well I have been thinking about it and I might well do something about it. I'm not sure I could create a module for copyright reasons but I could create the tables within the PHB or DMG and even though they wouldn't do anything there they could be available for the purpose. Depends on what time I have but it's on my radar.

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 02:53
Looking ahead to the modules coming out in September (B1 & B2), there probably will be a place for those tables. In B1 (original basic d&d module), it has at one point "Scroll of 2 Spells (Cleric): 2 cure light wounds (or roll at random for determination)" and "Scroll of 1 Spell (Magic-User): sleep (or roll at random for determination)". Whether this will survive the translation into 5e, I don't know, but be prepared. Module B2 doesn't seem to have any place for random spell scrolls (at least in the original module).

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 05:08
TYP Against the Giants

Area: 3.3.13 14. Narrow Cavern
There should be 2 green slimes minimum, not 1. There's one on the ceiling and one in the water according to the text. The one on the ceiling covers an area 40 feet wide (error in book, the corridor is not 40 feet wide, see map). Since the green slime is a "medium" sized hazard, the ceiling should be covered by 8 slime patches. The pool appears to be 15 feet by 15 feet according to the map. This means there should be at least 3 green slime patches in the water (along the edge).

Kronides
May 22nd, 2017, 09:28
Hi guys,

I have been mucking about with the dice roller and seem to have found an issue with percentile rolls. If the dice come up with a 10 on the 1's dice it is adding 10 rather than 0.

So if I roll 20 and 10 it is reporting a result of 30 instead of 20, 50 and 10 is 60 instead of 50 etc.

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2017, 11:08
This is expected behavior. The percentile dice in FG are implemented with a regular d10 (1-10). So the percentile die and the d10 are added together. You still get the full 1-100 range.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2017, 11:46
TYP Against the Giants

Area: 3.3.13 14. Narrow Cavern
There should be 2 green slimes minimum, not 1. There's one on the ceiling and one in the water according to the text. The one on the ceiling covers an area 40 feet wide (error in book, the corridor is not 40 feet wide, see map). Since the green slime is a "medium" sized hazard, the ceiling should be covered by 8 slime patches. The pool appears to be 15 feet by 15 feet according to the map. This means there should be at least 3 green slime patches in the water (along the edge).

Yes, I've missed the fact that there should be at least two. I like your idea better though and I'll amend the encounter as you suggest.

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 16:31
TYP The Sunless Citadel

This is not really a bug, but a suggested improvement. In Area 1.06 5. Secret Pocket you have a table for coins and a parcel for arrows. You could combine the two into one table with four columns.

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2017, 17:02
TYP The Sunless Citadel

This is not really a bug, but a suggested improvement. In Area 1.06 5. Secret Pocket you have a table for coins and a parcel for arrows. You could combine the two into one table with four columns.

Hmm, I could but then I'd need to create two more tables for each kind of arrow for the initial table to roll on to generate the quantities of arrows. If it were just the one it could be included in the table but I can't get a number above 1 if I also include the links - which I would want to do.

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 17:02
TYP The Sunless Citadel

Area: 1.15 14. Enchanted Water Cache
Subheading: Random Encounters

The text says "In areas 13 and beyond..." This should be moved to Area 1.14 13. Empty Room.

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 17:18
Hmm, I could but then I'd need to create two more tables for each kind of arrow for the initial table to roll on to generate the quantities of arrows. If it were just the one it could be included in the table but I can't get a number above 1 if I also include the links - which I would want to do.

It can be done without creating extra tables. (I'm not using the same tables for spoiler purposes.) See attached jpg. This includes the table and the parcel created by the table.

astromath
May 22nd, 2017, 18:10
TYP The Sunless Citadel

Area: 1.29 28. Infested Cells
Parcel: Rat Treasure

Problem: Text says 2d6-2 sp, but the FG parcel has 1d6-1 sp.

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2017, 18:39
It can be done without creating extra tables. (I'm not using the same tables for spoiler purposes.) See attached jpg. This includes the table and the parcel created by the table.

Aha, and stupidly I had missed out the 'x' which I have done a number of times before and you'd think I would have learned by now.

astromath
May 23rd, 2017, 16:11
TYP The Sunless Citadel

Area: 1.32 31. Caltrop Hall

Problem: The caltrop encounter. You have in the caltrop write up that it is of large size. Each bag of caltrops, according the the PH, covers a 5-foot square. This means the caltrop "trap" should be of medium size and since there are eight 5-foot squares of floor space, there should be eight tokens. The other thing is this should be a hazard, not a trap. Personal opinion is that traps can be disabled with thieve's tools, hazards cannot.

P.S. There is an discrepancy in the book's write-up. It says there's about 200 caltrops which is equivalent to 10 bags worth, but there's only eight squares. This means either the book's write-up is wrong, or the goblins used two extra bags of caltrops on the floor. For now, let's assume that there's extra caltrops on the floor instead of an error in the book. The other option is making the parcel 8 bags of 25 caltrops each instead of 10 bags of 20 caltrops each.

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2017, 16:44
Fair comment; I'll add it to the list

astromath
May 23rd, 2017, 23:53
TYP The Sunless Citadel

Creature: Goblin Commoner
Problem: Text says "-1 reduction to hit and damage..." (see area 1.41 40. Goblinville). In the FG stat block, You have (1d4-1) which is correct, but you have the average damage as 2, which is not correct. The damage line should read as follows:

Hit: 1 (1d4 - 1) bludgeoning damage.

EDIT:

Area: 2.08 49. Arboretums
Problem: According to the text, the skeletons only have "shovels or rakes." The FG stat block has shortsword and shortbow.

EDIT 2:

Area: 2.14 55. Twilight Grove
Problem: Briar hazard. Based on the text, I have attached my proposed changes.
Next problem: It is implied that the PCs must cut through the briars to get to Belak. I would assume, based in that implication, each briar represented on the map should have at least one briar token. I would further assume that the briars centered on the intersection of 4 squares would have 4 briar tokens and briars centered on a single square would have 9 briar tokens. This way, the briars are truly the hazard they represent. I'm also including my version of what the token placements should be. It requires 235 tokens for this.

EDIT 3:

Gulthias Tree
The FG write-up for Damage Immunities have the words necrotic and psychic misspelled.

astromath
May 24th, 2017, 13:09
TYP The Forge of Fury

Sidebar: Mountain Door Defenses
Presently you have this side bar under area 2. I personally would put it under area 1 because it details the orcs' response to the alarm from area 1. If you keep it under area 2, the DM will not know about the sidebar unless s/he also has the book.

EDIT:

Creature: Orc Bowman
Problem: The text is as follows: "The orcs are armed with longbows instead of javelins: +3 to hit (range 150/600 ft.); 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage on a hit." The FG write-up still has the damage for a javelin: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage.

Zacchaeus
May 24th, 2017, 16:03
Added to list

astromath
May 24th, 2017, 16:53
TYP The Forge of Fury

Creature: Kaarghaz
Languages: FG has "Draconi" and it should be "Draconic".

Nylanfs
May 24th, 2017, 19:05
Astro, just to let you know the community appreciates you being able to notice and then document this stuff. :)

astromath
May 24th, 2017, 19:49
Many thx. I don't go out of my way to look for stuff. And, I bet a lot of stuff that deals with misspellings don't get noticed, or, if they do, they don't report them. There are times when misspellings are critical for FG, such as those that deal with resistances, immunities, and vulnerabilities. Finding that language misspelling was just a fluke.

Gothstaff
May 25th, 2017, 04:56
Am I missing something or is Witch Bolt incorrect?
When I add Witch Bolt to my Wizard, I see 2 1d12 damage actions, when I believe it should only have one.

Gothstaff
May 25th, 2017, 05:58
When assigning the Enlarge/Reduce spell to my mage, it gets 2 powers within the spell as expected (one for enlarge and one for Reduce), but both have the same note of "Enlarge"
Not a biggie, but would make it more easy to differentiate if the Reduce is noted correctly.

astromath
May 25th, 2017, 06:17
TYP The Forge of Fury

Area: 3.09 22. Fungus Cavern
Hazard: Mould
Problem 1: The spelling convention of the book should be followed, which means it should be "mold" and not "mould". "Mould" threw me off because I thought it was a different hazard altogether.
Problem 2: The description itself says 10-foot cube. This means the mold should be a large hazard and not a medium.

EDIT:

Area: 5.04 38. The Chasm
The chasm hazard should be at the minimum gargantuan, not medium. Looking at the map, the chasm fills more than one 5x5 square.

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2017, 11:14
Am I missing something or is Witch Bolt incorrect?
When I add Witch Bolt to my Wizard, I see 2 1d12 damage actions, when I believe it should only have one.

FG is picking it up twice because of the wording. I.e. the second instance is picking up the second action that you can take on rounds subsequent to the initial casting. Not sure if there's a way to word it so it won't be picked up by the parser but I'll have a look.

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2017, 11:15
When assigning the Enlarge/Reduce spell to my mage, it gets 2 powers within the spell as expected (one for enlarge and one for Reduce), but both have the same note of "Enlarge"
Not a biggie, but would make it more easy to differentiate if the Reduce is noted correctly.

This one is fixed into the parser. I'll ask Moon Wizard if he can alter the second one to say reduced. No promises :)

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2017, 11:22
TYP The Forge of Fury

Area: 3.09 22. Fungus Cavern
Hazard: Mould
Problem 1: The spelling convention of the book should be followed, which means it should be "mold" and not "mould". "Mould" threw me off because I thought it was a different hazard altogether.
Problem 2: The description itself says 10-foot cube. This means the mold should be a large hazard and not a medium.

EDIT:

Area: 5.04 38. The Chasm
The chasm hazard should be at the minimum gargantuan, not medium. Looking at the map, the chasm fills more than one 5x5 square.

Sorry, 'mould' is how it's spelled here. I do occasionally lapse into UK spelling since the US spelling doesn't come naturally.

Not sure that I need a token that is sized to the size of the chasm. Generally the hazard tokens aren't really related directly to the size of the actual hazard. The more important aspect of the NPC Hazard is to get something on the CT that allows the DM to more easily apply damage or force saving throws etc. So the size or other features of the hazard aren't really worked out or directly related to anything in particular. In some instances such as the briars you mention above is kind of impractical to have a token or tokens which would completely cover the necessary area. Some things I leave to the prowess of the DM to describe rather than overload the CT or maps with stuff.

This and other things above are all noted on my list though.

astromath
May 26th, 2017, 15:42
TYP The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Area: 1.03 3. Roost of the Conch
Suggestion: Don't add the hazard token to the player map. It makes it look like only that one spot is the hazard instead of the entire room.
Suggestion: Since the crayfish can speak, add Olman to the crayfish for its language.

EDIT:

1.07 7. The Sepulcher of Tloques-Popolocas
I think you should make up two possible parcels for the oil. One parcel would have 6 barrels of oil weighing 25 pounds each (this assumes the PCs have a way to take the barrels). The other would be 150 normal flasks of oil (the DM can modify the amount if the PCs take less).

EDIT 2:

Creature: Tloques-Popolocas
Problem: AC is wrong. It should be 15 (bracers of defense & ring of protection), i.e. AC 12 +2 (bracers of defense) +1 (ring of protection). (There is no natural armor at this point since the natural armor of a vampire spawn is 15.) All saving throws should be at least +1 more (ring of protection).

There should be 2 write ups. One should be Tloques-Popolocas (round 1), and the other Tloques-Popolocas (round 2). The round 2 write up should have AC 17 (natural + bracers of defense). (The book is wrong, it only assumes the creature only has bracers of defense, but it also has a ring of protection giving it an AC of 18.) It should have 55 hit points (27 + 28).

EDIT 3:

I just saw why you have the AC at its present value. Even though the text in the paragraph says Tloques is wearing a ring of protection, the treasure section has nothing about a ring of protection. Error in book.
So, leave the ACs as you had them and ignore my suggestions about the AC being modified.

EDIT 4:

Area: 1.08 8. Courses of the Gods
Suggestion: Remove the hazard token from the map. The hazard is all of the walls, not just that one spot.

EDIT 5:

Area: 1.11 11. The Court of Cemanahuac
Suggestion: Remove the hazard token from the map. The hazard is the entire floor, not just that one spot. There's a second hazard, the moat.
Also, according to the text, the slug starts on the wall, not in the middle of the room. The map in the book is wrong for placement. Plus, the map's placement is not even large enough.

EDIT 6:

Area: 1.26 24. Sandbox
The sandbox trap encounter write-up is missing.

EDIT 7:

Area: 2.05 30. The Guardian Beast
The NPC in FG write up names the creature as a Jaguar. The text has it as Werejaguar. Also, all instances of weretiger in the NPC write-up should be changed to werejaguar.

EDIT 8:

Area: 2.10 34. Guardians Bar the Way
The trap is described as a 10 x 10 square (pressure plate), therefore it should be a large trap. The placement should be before the statues, not behind. See attached image for my placement.

EDIT 9:

Creature: Xilonen
Suggestion: Every instance of "roper" or "the roper" should be replaced by "Xilonen" in the NPC write-up.

EDIT 10:

Area: 2.15 39. Chamber of the Second Sun
According to the text, the "crumbling exit" hazard is on the east wall. Your token is on the west wall of the northern end of the area. This would also be where the baboons jump down from. The hazard token for the cave in should be removed, or it will be mistaken that's the only place where a cave in can take place.

EDIT 11:

Area: 3.06 45. Mictlan
There's no hill hazard token (since the hill is a hazard, there should be an NPC write-up for it). The hazard token for flames is in the wrong spot. According to the text it is south of the hill and north of the grassy plane. You have it to the west of the hill. The ice hazard token is also in the wrong spot. According to the text, it is supposed to be east of the hill. Again, the marsh hazard token should be to the north of the hill (there is no marsh hazard token and no NPC write-up for one). The river hazard token should be a series of tokens going from the marsh hazard to west of the hill where the pit of worms hazard token should be. All according to the text.

EDIT 12:

Area: 4.04 51. Wind Tunnel
Problem: There's no pin on the player map for this area.
P.S. I just noticed, there are no pins on the DM map for any of the areas.

EDIT 13:

Area: 4.05 52. The Hidden Room of Nahual
The nahual encounter token is missing when adding the encounter to the combat tracker (it was never placed). It should be where the starred circle is behind the curtain.

EDIT 14:

Area: 5.01 54. Temple Ruin
Suggestion: Delete the rubble hazard token from the map. It's placement may be construed that is the only place the rubble is. Need a roof hazard encounter (again, don't place the hazard token on the map). Need a trapdoor entrance token (this is basically a secret door). The altar trap token is too small. See DM map. My suggestion is 2 overlapping huge tokens.
Problem: The carved mouth trap token is supposed to be on the wall, not on the altar. See text.

Beldak
May 27th, 2017, 02:26
Bug in Core Class Pack:

I'm in the Druid Class, in Starting Equipment section. I click on the link for Armor List, and I get an exception class window:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_armorltable : reference.equipmentlists.armortable@DD PHB Deluxe)

Looks like a typo in the zl link.

MacArone
May 27th, 2017, 20:28
Thanks again, now what am I missing? lol. This was working fine until now...(honestly nothing I know of has changed) but the "Armor" links in the PHB class description no longer works. This is the message that appears in my control window. Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_armorltable : reference.equipmentlists.armortable@DD PHB Deluxe)

Any ideas? Thanks again. (P.S. in case you haven't noticed, I'm one of those "Just confident enough to change things and mess them up without fixing them") ~nothing is more dangerous than a little education

p.s. other links such as weapons, adventure gear work...

Trenloe
May 27th, 2017, 20:32
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_armorltable : reference.equipmentlists.armortable@DD PHB Deluxe)
reference_armorltable should be reference_armortable There isn't an "l" in the middle. Where are you clicking on the link?

MacArone
May 27th, 2017, 20:45
In the Class Description window when creating a character. You know when you scroll down the window and it tells you your "starting gear" and there are 4 links to Weapons Armor Adventuring Gear ..." The other links work, but not armor now.

p.s. how did it get changed (and this will probably answer the question ) where do i go to change it ?

Trenloe
May 27th, 2017, 21:02
p.s. how did it get changed (and this will probably answer the question ) where do i go to change it ?
This is in the base PHB product. I've moved the posts to the 5E bug report thread, as this is not related to the DOE extensions (the thread it was originally reported in) and is a 5E bug.

MacArone
May 27th, 2017, 22:51
Bug in Core Class Pack:

I'm in the Druid Class, in Starting Equipment section. I click on the link for Armor List, and I get an exception class window:

Looks like a typo in the zl link.

Misery loves company. I started getting the same error last night. Did an update change something? I don't think it was an extension because I didn't dl anything new (except maybe the alternative wood and dungeon themes I think was the last ext I dl.)

Is there a place where we can edit that line?

Trenloe
May 27th, 2017, 22:57
It looks like it's most, if not all, of the class records in the PHB.

Is there a place where we can edit that line?
It's in the base PHB module which you can't delete. You'll have to wait for there to be a fix to the base module. In the meantime, over the link from the Equipment list in the library.

Beldak
May 27th, 2017, 23:03
In the Class Description window when creating a character. You know when you scroll down the window and it tells you your "starting gear" and there are 4 links to Weapons Armor Adventuring Gear ..." The other links work, but not armor now.

It's not your fault - there were some backend changes recently and looks like this one slipped up. You can get to the table manually by going to the PHB in your Modules, click on the Equipment link, and then Armor. It's just the link that's broken (and I'm betting Zacchaeus will have it fixed up very soon.)

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2017, 11:11
It looks like it's most, if not all, of the class records in the PHB.

It's in the base PHB module which you can't delete. You'll have to wait for there to be a fix to the base module. In the meantime, over the link from the Equipment list in the library.

Noted. Looks like a parsing error. I'll let the relevant expert know :)

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2017, 11:14
TYP The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

All noted.

astromath
May 28th, 2017, 17:38
TYP White Plume Mountain

Area: 1.06 6. Turnstile
The book description is not complete. This appears to be an omission on the editor's part. You have to refer to the image in the original module to see why the turnstile must be destroyed on the way back. I've attached the image.

I know you probably won't put the image in, but it is here for those DMs who want to do it themselves.

EDIT 1:

Area: 1.07 7. Geysers and Chains
Two things. First, the mud is also a hazard should a character fall into it. You should add an NPC write up for its own encounter, but do not put the hazard token on the map.
Second, this deals with the table in the story description, the Damage column. The first three rows is missing a space between the average damage and the left parenthesis. In other words, for example, 27(5d10) should be 27 (5d10) on the first row.

EDIT 2:

Creature: Ctenmuir
According to the text, Ctenmuir has truesight (doesn't say how far, but you can assume the standard 60 ft [I think]). FG does not give Ctenmuir truesight in the NPC write-up.

EDIT 3:

Area: 1.17 17. The Boiling Bubble
Suggestion: The pierced skin hazard token should be taken off the map because the characters can pierce the skin at any point and not in that one location.
Problem: In FG, the sixteen star rose quartz and the jet do not add up to more than what it says in the text (3,935 gp). They add up to 3680 (16x230) + 335 = 4015. To correct this you need to decrease the value of the jet to 255 gp.

EDIT 4:

Area: 1.19 19. Metal-Heating Corridor
You should have seven hazard tokens on the map, one for each pair of copper plates. Even though the PCs won't start taking damage until the 40 foot square, the hazard is still effective when the PCs leave.

EDIT 5:

Creature: Halfling Warrior (Qesnef)
Problem: Saving throws for Strength & Intelligence is incorrect. They should be +5 and +3 respectively. FG forgot to add in the Str & Int modifiers for their base untrained saving throws.

EDIT 6:

Encounter: 1.28 Escaping the Dungeon
Problem: The text clearly states that both Nix & Nox appear in the south corridor, but FG has Nox appearing in the east corridor.

sjard
May 29th, 2017, 02:52
In Princes of the Apocalypse, Temple of Howling Hatred PC and DM maps, there is a door missing from area A4. It's on the map in the hardback version, but otherwise, this prevents anyone from getting into this area or another part of A1-A2.

Images show DM and PC versions, with a hand drawn black box where the door should be on the pc map.

LordEntrails
May 29th, 2017, 04:25
In Princes of the Apocalypse, Temple of Howling Hatred PC and DM maps, there is a door missing from area A4. It's on the map in the hardback version, but otherwise, this prevents anyone from getting into this area or another part of A1-A2.

Images show DM and PC versions, with a hand drawn black box where the door should be on the pc map.

I believe this was fixed in a later printing as I remember it being mentioned before. Hopefully new maps are available for SW to use.

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2017, 23:05

This was fixed in the version of PotA issued the other day (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34962-5e-Module-Updates&p=313194&viewfull=1#post313194)

astromath
May 30th, 2017, 12:16
TYP Dead in Thay

Area: 03.02.01 19. Walkway Pen
Suggestion 1: Remove the pigpen hazard token from the map. Reason: The whole area is the pigpen, not just that one spot.
Suggestion 2: The text says the area under the bridge has a DC 8 Dexterity saving throw instead of DC 13. That should be noted in the pigpen NPC write-up.
Suggestion 3: Have 15 hazard tokens, one for each pillar. Reason: All 15 pillars are a hazard, not just the one that as a hazard token already on it.
Suggestion 4: Since Drevin is a halfling, his write-up should include the halfling traits of Lucky, Brave, and Halfling Nimbleness. Also, because he is a lightfoot halfling, the write-up should include the Naturally Stealthy trait.

P.S. I'm a firm believer, that if a race is part of one of the templates in the back of the MM, that race's traits should also be included. The MM even allows for it.

EDIT:

Area: 03.02.02 20. Abattoir
Problem: The otyugh token is in the wrong spot. The text clearly says it starts in the NE corner of the room and can only go out to 40 feet from there (see DM map, the red dotted line).
Suggestion: After moving the otyugh token to the proper spot, rearrange the skeleton tokens slightly to accommodate the move. (I would personally put the 8 eastern skeletons outside the otyugh's 40-foot reach. Especially, since the way this scenario is set up, the otyugh would eat all of the butchered pigs stacked within its reach.)

EDIT 2:

Area: 03.03.01 21. Egg Chamber

There are 12 braziers, so there should be 12 brazier tokens. The braziers should also be Medium, not Small.

EDIT 3:

Area: 03.04.02 24. Pale Garden

There are 18 pillars that are hazards, not just 1. Therefore, there should be 18 hazard tokens.

EDIT 4:

Area: 03.04.03 25. Dreaming Garden
Problem: One of the dread warriors has a +1 longsword according the text in the treasure section, but FG doesn't show it in the write-up of the dread warrior itself.

EDIT 5:

Area: 04.01.01 26. Temple of Light
There are 8 pillar of lights hazards, not just one.

EDIT 6:

Area: 04.01.02 27. Temple of Shadow
Problem 1: There are 8 pillar of shadows, not just 1.
Problem 2: The pillar hazard token is in the wrong spot. The pillars are in the middle of the room, not in the alcoves.

EDIT 7:

Area: 04.01.03 28. Temple of Blood
Problem: There are 8 pillar of bloods not just 1.
Suggestion: Remove the blood hazard token. The whole floor is the hazard, not just that one spot.

EDIT 8:
Encounter: 04.02.02 30. Training Floor
According to the text, there are 6 Thayan Warriors and 7 skeletons. The FG encounter only has 1 each, and none of the tokens have been placed on the player map.

Griogre
May 30th, 2017, 16:50
Storm King's Thunder: Stone and Hill Giant Option NPCs.

Hill Giant (option) has the Stone Giant (option) abilities instead of the Hill Giant (option) - Squash ability.
Stone Giant (option) is missing.

Zacchaeus
May 30th, 2017, 18:27
@astromath and @Griogre - Noted

Tuendal
May 30th, 2017, 20:18
Minor issues in LMoP.

P2-07.08 Crevasse: in the description of the Crevasse and talking about the bottom feels unnaturally code. i believe it should say "When viewed with a detect magic spell" it currently reads "When viewed with a detect maNc spell"

P3-03 Triboar Trail - the descriptions of the different encounter's has the Ghouls as part of the Stirges description.

as i find more i'll update.

LordEntrails
May 31st, 2017, 01:35
Misspellings, Default Calendar (Calendar of Harptos?)
I noticed this in the XML, but verified it in the GUI. Eighth and Ninth days are misspelled as "Eigth-day" and "Nineth-day"

I assume these are not intentional misspellings, but I don't know if the Harptos Calendar (if this is what its using) using this spelled correctly or not...

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2017, 01:42
Maybe it's Olde English spelling? ;)

JPG

Jetic
May 31st, 2017, 03:27
Problems with modules.
Downloaded just this month.
Screenshots attached.

BUG # 1 – Players Hand Book - Link to Armor List is bring up Console screen with runtime error. Unloaded and reloaded module couple time. Nothing changed. Any suggestions.

Bug # 2 – Volos Guide to Monsters – Encounter generator not showing a CR or XP. Or when it does show and XP it is negative. Unloaded and reloaded module couple time. Nothing changed. Any suggestions.19179

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2017, 03:37
The first one I know about and will have it fixed soon.

The second one all of those encounters are random. To create the encounter click the button on the bottom left.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 03:44
Encounter generator not showing a CR or XP.
The info is not calculated at first. Unlock the generated encounter and click the refresh buttons that appear next to CR and XP.

astromath
May 31st, 2017, 11:13
TYP Dead in Thay

Area: 05.03.02 42. Otyugh Lair
The stench hazard is the whole room, not just that one spot. Suggestion: remove the hazard token.

EDIT:

Area: 06.04.03 59. Choker Grotto
4 of the choker tokens are placed incorrectly. The 2 next to the tree nearest the pool should be in the tree, not next to the tree (see text). The other 2 should be in the tree southeast of the pool.

EDIT 2:

Area: 07.01.02 62. Ooze Temple
The spilled ooze hazard token is in the wrong place. Plus, the spilled ooze is such an odd shape, it would be better to remove the token entirely.

EDIT 3:

Area: 07.01.03 63. Spawn Vats
Sarkalla's token is in the wrong starting spot. Her token should be behind the curtain (see text).

EDIT 4:

Area: 07.02.01 64. White Maw
This one is hard to judge. I don't think the ooze should be represented by a token because the entire floor is the ooze. But, then again, FG requires a token for targeting purposes. So, I guess we'll have to leave it. I also suggest some kind of token that would block the entry points of the cave to show the players that their characters are blocked from retreating. Maybe large sized ooze tokens? A wall token? I don't know.

EDIT 5:

Area: 07.02.03 66. Black Elder
Problem: The pin is missing on the player map.

EDIT 6:

Area: 07.03.02 68. Arch of Blades
Based on the description in text, I would position the tokens in the attached image.

EDIT 7:

Hazard: Spawning Essence
Problem: The table for the confusion spell in the hazard write-up is missing (only the words "table: confused behavior" is still there).
Suggestion: Move link to the "other" tab of the write up.

EDIT 8:

Area: 09.01.01 86. Hall of Teleportation
There's 20 teleporting pillars, not just one. So, there should be 20 hazard tokens, one for each pillar.

EDIT 9:

Area: 09.01.03 88. Black Prison
There's 10 cages, not just one. So there should be 10 hazard tokens, one for each cage. The undead tokens in the 3 cages should be offset into the wall.

EDIT 10:

Area: 09.02.02 90. Golem Pen
There should be 15 hazard tokens, one for each pillar.

EDIT 11:

Area: 09.03.01 92. Timeless Prison
According to the text, the pillars are not hazardous until after the gargoyle emerges from the pillar. So, there should be 6 hazard tokens, one for each pillar, and none should appear on the player map. Like with the gargoyles, the DM must place the token after the gargoyle emerges. Since the area around the pillar is difficult terrain, the hazard should also be huge.

EDIT 12:

Area: 10.02.01 98. Temple of Poison
The mist hazard encompasses the entire room, not just that one square. Suggestion: Remove the mist hazard token. This suggestion can be used for the remaining Temples of Extraction rooms.
The text states that the Chosen of Zehir is a Type 3 Malison. Suggestion: Remove anything that refers to types 1 & 2 from the FG NPC write-up to avoid confusion.

P.S. All Chosens that are labeled commoners should have any attacks removed to show that they are unarmed. (It wouldn't make any sense if the Red Wizards trapped the chosen in the shrines with weapons (except for natural weapons).

EDIT 13:

Area: 10.03.01 101. Temple of Ooze
Possible encounter: Chosen of Ghaunadaur. If Therzt is prevented from casting his spell, he may end up attacking the characters. For this encounter to work, because he is casting Melf's acid arrow, he is clearly a drow mage. One of his 2nd level spells needs to be replaced with Melf's acid arrow. Another assumption is that he has access to material components. This is because Melf's acid arrow requires components (this is probably an oversight on WotC's part in that the Red Wizards would have taken away Therzt's component pouch). Other than that, he conforms to the description at the start of the Temples of Extraction description. Due to Therzt being a drow mage, he has 11 chances to cast Melf's acid arrows on himself (casting it at higher levels if need be).
Second option (also the one that best fits the scenario): Therzt (still labeling him as a drow mage) can be assumed to have exhausted all his spells (not including his cantrips) except one level 2 slot which he as reserved for his suicide attempt and only enough material components to cast the spell once.
Take your pick which option sounds best. The first option changes the scenario quite a bit. The second option doesn't change the scenario at all. If you take the second option, I suggestion adding a note.

dubbomale
June 5th, 2017, 00:07
i just recently bought tales from the yawning portal and for some reason i cant see it in my modules is there a problem with the item i got from steam is there a way to fix it

spite
June 5th, 2017, 00:10
May be a silly question, but have you run an update with your steam account linked since buying it?

dubbomale
June 5th, 2017, 00:11
yes i have multiple times and its still not there thats why i thought i post plus i have done it without it being linked and being linked and nothing is happening its not showing up usually when i have gotten something from steam its usually there straight away

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2017, 00:31
Which the recent update to FG you have to link your Smiteworks and Steam accounts. It sounds like this is the problem. Make sure you have entered the correct username and password in settings when you link the account and then do another update.

astromath
June 5th, 2017, 01:23
I had the same problem, but with all the modules I bought. Through trial and error (and changing my FG password), I managed to get the modules back.

astromath
June 5th, 2017, 03:26
TYP Tomb of Horrors

Area: 1.03 3. Entrance to the Tomb of Horrors
The text says there are 5 pits. FG shows only 4. The missing one is supposed to be in front of the secret door on the west wall.

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2017, 03:30
TYP Tomb of Horrors

Area: 1.03 3. Entrance to the Tomb of Horrors
The text says there are 5 pits. FG shows only 4. The missing one is supposed to be in front of the secret door on the west wall.
I can't check to be sure but that one was different from the others and so is built into the encounter with the wall I think.

astromath
June 5th, 2017, 03:34
It is, but it still could be discovered through the normal means stated in area 1.03 3. Entrance to the Tomb of Horrors before the area 1.04 4. Fresco of the Wizardly Work Room encounter.

EDIT:

Never mind. I just read the last paragraph. That pit cannot be found through normal means as stated in area 3.

astromath
June 5th, 2017, 16:27
Area: 1.13 13. Chamber of Three Chests
Problem: You have the snakes coming out of the wrong chest. The text says they come out of the gold chest which is the western most one.

Area: 1.14 14. Chapel of Evil
There should be 2 gas trap tokens, one for each front pew (see text).

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2017, 18:02
Area: 1.14 14. Chapel of Evil
There should be 2 gas trap tokens, one for each front pew (see text).

I've meant to post a reply to this before. Generally I only place or use 1 npc for traps/hazards etc unless there is a really compelling reason to include more. The idea is that the DM has the NPC on the CT and can use all the attacks/damage/saves etc from that one NPC to drag/drop anything onto the PCs as needed. Since, in almost every case these tokens might never appear on the map or be visible to the PCs (unless the DM makes them visible of course but generally the idea is that these markers would remain hidden and their turn on the CT would be skipped); I'm not sure I see the need to have tokens for each trap/pillar/pool etc where the PCs might get injured. Additionally in many cases the hazard cannot be attacked by the PCs so again the need to have more than one is moot. I will go through all your suggestions however and where there is a more compelling case (such as the PCs can disable the hazard or trap individually) I will add more tokens. But generally I'm not convinced that most DMs will want a large number of non fightable NPCs on the CT (especially if they are invisible to the players).

astromath
June 5th, 2017, 18:54
Opinion noted. I won't put any more "suggestions" about multiple hazard tokens.

You seem to indicate that there's a way to make the tokens visible to the DM, but not the player. Is that correct? Since I only use FG for table top games, I've never explored that aspect of FG.

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2017, 19:46
Indeed, yes. When an encounter is first placed on the CT (the usual method) the NPCs are invisible to players both on the CT and the Map. The DM can then make all of the NPCs visible by clicking the eye button at the top left of the CT or making individual ones visible using the eye icon to the left of heir name. NPCs that become invisible during an encounter via a spell or effect can also be made physically invisible on the map and on the CT using the same method. If the DM has the option set then invisible NPCs will be skipped in the Combat Tracker so as not to alert the players that there is 'something there'.

Nylanfs
June 6th, 2017, 00:22
Start up a second session of FG and log into your game using the ip address of localhost

astromath
June 6th, 2017, 02:08
I wish I could. When I try that, it tells me that FG is already running. I can't even get that far.

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2017, 02:28
astromath,

If you are on Windows:
If you are starting from Steam, you can only start one instance. Try launching from the Fantasy Grounds link in the Windows Start Menu instead.

For a Mac, someone else will have to chime in if there is a way to do that.

Regards,
JPG

astromath
June 6th, 2017, 03:35
I have Windows. I'm not starting from Steam. I'm launching from the Start Menu, but it still tells me that FG is already running.

astromath
June 6th, 2017, 04:49
Just noticed something. When creating a character, the number of coins do not add into the encumbrance. They should since 50 coins make up one pound according the PH.

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2017, 11:28
To start a second instance you'll need to do so from FantasyGrounds.exe where ever you have FG installed - C:/Program Files(x86)/Fantasy Grounds by default. (You can create a second shortcut in the usual way to handle this rather than having to navigate there every time)

Coins have no weight in FG. Some don't bother with weight for coins but if you want to do so then create items for gold piece, silver piece etc and give it a weight. Then place the item in the player's inventory and amend the number carried to equal the coins. That way the weight will add to encumbrance.

astromath
June 6th, 2017, 14:35
Re: FG questions: I'll ask on another forum since this is the bug forum.
Re: Coins: That is a workaround. Cumbersome, but a workaround. It also allows to differentiate between banked coins and carried coins.

TYP Tomb of Horrors

Area: 1.19 18A. False Crypt
The scrolls are supposed to be random according to the text. FG parcel already have them chosen.
Also, shouldn't the creature token be on the map when adding the encounter to the combat tracker?

Encounter: 1.23 22. The Cavern of Gold and Silver Mists
Problem: The hazard token is placed inside a wall next to area 30. The creature token is placed at the entrance of the cavern. They need to be moved to their proper spots.

Nylanfs
June 6th, 2017, 17:28
I have Windows. I'm not starting from Steam. I'm launching from the Start Menu, but it still tells me that FG is already running. Once you have FG started and a campaign loaded you should be able to right click on the program icon in the task bar and launch another session.

The highlighted line launches another instance of the program.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2017, 17:39
To start a second instance you'll need to do so from FantasyGrounds.exe where ever you have FG installed - C:/Program Files(x86)/Fantasy Grounds by default. (You can create a second shortcut in the usual way to handle this rather than having to navigate there every time)
Why do people (except Nylanfs it seems) still think this is the only way? (Not just you Zacchaeus, so please don't take this personally). It's super simple to start a second instance on Windows - no need to create shortcuts, navigate to the base executable or anything like that.

I've posted this lots of times, but it's not getting through...

It's easy to start another instance of FG on a Windows computer. See screenshot below and follow these steps:

Start your GM instance of FG as usual. From either Steam or from the installed FG shortcut. Then:

Right-click the Fantasy Grounds entry in the Windows taskbar - usually along the bottom of the screen. Tt will only be there once you're running the GM instance (unless you've pinned it to the taskbar to be always there), and:
Select "Fantasy Grounds".

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18053

That's it, a second instance of FG will start up. Quick and simple.

Then you go to "Join Game" and use a server address of localhost to connect the seconds instance as a player to the running GM instance.

Note: it is possible to start more than two instances of FG, but only ever connect one player instance using "localhost" and have one GM instance running - otherwise you'll have data/connection conflicts.

Nylanfs
June 6th, 2017, 19:14
Mainly because that's new with Windows 10 AFAIK. :)

LordEntrails
June 6th, 2017, 19:17
Mainly because that's new with Windows 10 AFAIK. :)
Win 7 has it. Of course it looks different, but the picks are the same.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2017, 19:26
Yep, Windows 7 has it. It's been around for a while.

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2017, 19:42
Well as ever I have not been paying attention to Trenloe :) I'd never have thought of right clicking on anything in the task bar. However in my case I already have my 'second instance' shortcut pinned to the taskbar so starting FG doesn't make a new FG show up it just sits over the shortvut - I think. At any rate I will try to imprint this in my brain so that I can give netter advice :) Oh, and no offence taken at all. You learn more by getting it wrong :)

astromath
June 6th, 2017, 21:24
TYP Tomb of Horrors

NPC: Flying Shield (S1), etc.
Problem (slight): The traits still say sword rather than shield.

EDIT:

Area: 1.33 30. False Treasure Room
Parcel: Second Chest
Problem: Coins are 50 to the pound. Therefore, each coin should weigh 0.02 lb. FG has them weighing at 0.01 lb.

Nylanfs
June 7th, 2017, 02:39
I had never noticed until Win10.

L. R. Ballard
June 7th, 2017, 03:10
Awesome, thanks, Trenloe. I had no idea how to start a second instance but succeeded on the first try.:D

astromath
June 7th, 2017, 20:20
I managed to get a second instance. Now, all I need to do is to figure out how to connect the two instances; one being GM, the other Player. (I'm using two monitors, a laptop and a TV.)

Zacchaeus
June 7th, 2017, 20:29
If on the same computer join by typing localhost into the address rather than an alias or IP. If another computer on the same network type in the local IP address of the host computer.

astromath
June 8th, 2017, 03:17
Got it to work. Thx.

astromath
June 8th, 2017, 05:48
Player's Handbook
FG has each crossbow bolt weighing 0.025 lb. each. They should be 0.075 lb. each. (1.5 ÷ 20 = 0.075)
The same problem exists with the magic crossbow bolts from the DMG.

Thepaperclipkiller
June 8th, 2017, 10:09
Honestly I don't know if this is a bug or not.

Druidic is not listed as a Language even though under the ability "Druidic" for Druids it says you can speak it.

If that isn't a bug though that also makes sense since it isn't listed as a language officially in the PHB.

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2017, 11:31
Honestly I don't know if this is a bug or not.

Druidic is not listed as a Language even though under the ability "Druidic" for Druids it says you can speak it.

If that isn't a bug though that also makes sense since it isn't listed as a language officially in the PHB.

It isn't a bug, since as you say Druidic isn't listed as a language. If you want to, you can add it yourself. Go to options and click on the languages button in the dialog. Then click edit and add in the new language there. You can allocate it a font there too.

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2017, 11:32
Player's Handbook
FG has each crossbow bolt weighing 0.025 lb. each. They should be 0.075 lb. each. (1.5 ÷ 20 = 0.075)
The same problem exists with the magic crossbow bolts from the DMG.

Noted.

astromath
June 9th, 2017, 03:49
TYP White Plume Mountain
NPC: Burket
Problem: FG has his alignment as laful evil. Should be lawful evil.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2017, 06:10
Looks like the 6th June update to SCAG Campaign Guide caused the "Sword Coast Map" map to become read only and not display the shortcut links. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38703-Missing-SCAG-Map

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2017, 07:46
Zacchaeus is on the trail. He's working on a fix this weekend.

JPG

astromath
June 12th, 2017, 03:32
The Rise of Tiamat

Problem with Adult Black Dragon. JPG below with problem circled.

Problem with Ancient Copper Dragon. JPG below with problem circled.

L. R. Ballard
June 12th, 2017, 03:57
"The Sunless Citadel" in Tales from the Yawning Portal

The NPC stat card for Sir Braford needs to indicate that his longsword attack is both slashing and magical. Thanks to Zacchaeus for the correct syntax!

Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) slashing, magic damage, or 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing, magic damage if used with two hands.