PDA

View Full Version : FG and family-game night!

Beldak
March 29th, 2017, 14:36
I introduced my family to D&D for the first time a couple of months ago. I found my youngest son was getting pretty bored with how long combat was taking and roleplaying, etc.

So, I did my research and chose FG as a VTT that I could use to enhance in-person play.

This seems to have kept my son's attention both in speeding up game play and its a TV-screen to look at! :D

Here's a pic my wife took of our small little adventures-in-training.

Huzzah!

-Beldak

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2017, 18:06
Nice :) And glad to hear you are helping to corrupt err, I mean convert, err, educate the next generation!

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2017, 18:34
Nice :)

Gwydion
May 2nd, 2017, 16:35
Love it!

KingFitz
May 9th, 2017, 20:45
This is great! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to play!

Devistation
June 13th, 2017, 04:48
This is exactly what I want to do with my kids. Looks like you as the DM are able to move the virtual miniatures and it will show on the 2nd screen what the players are seeing while you are controlling the action on your side of things. Is that accurate?

Beldak
June 13th, 2017, 09:05
This is exactly what I want to do with my kids. Looks like you as the DM are able to move the virtual miniatures and it will show on the 2nd screen what the players are seeing while you are controlling the action on your side of things. Is that accurate?

Yes! At first I ran 2 instances of FG and connect via localhost. Then I just dragged the second instance over to the TV screen as a 2nd monitor.

Now, I taught my 10-yr old daughter to move the tokens and she controls it on a 2nd laptop that she connects to the internal IP on a demo client (I have ultimate). This freed me up to do other DM stuff while she's doing the player-side things.