PDA

View Full Version : PFS - 8-09 The Cindersworn Pact

xazil
March 29th, 2017, 14:17
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 5-9 (tiers 5-6 or 8-9)

When an impossibly vile fiend proves too powerful to destroy, the forces of good often resort to banishing or sealing the villain away to be remembered only in fearsome legends. Less common are the instances in which wrongdoers bound benevolent titans and demigods, yet Society agents recently uncovered just such a prison. Few know how to unlock such a jail, much less locate the key. The Society has identified just such a sage: a disgraced efreeti who has sworn to share her priceless knowledge in exchange for the PCs' assistance. The Pathfinders travel to the cosmopolitan melting pot of Zjarra on the Plane of Fire, where they must fulfill the cruel genie's schemes—or find some other way to fulfill the deal.

Content in The Cindersworn Pact also contributes directly to the ongoing storyline of the Exchange faction.

The Cindersworn Pact is the first scenario in the two-part "Forged in Flame" campaign arc. It is followed by Pathfinder Society Scenario #8-11: Cleansed With Fire (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9p8y). Both chapters are intended to be played in order.

I am running this and the follow up at FG-Con but thought I'd see if I there is the demand for the first one.

31 March 11pm UTC / 7pm EDT / 4pm PDT.

Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2485

JWMK
March 29th, 2017, 14:38
Sorry - Already played this one. If you ever think about running it in CORE count me in! :)
For those of you who haven't played this, the 2 parter is a really great time! Highly recommend!

JWMK

bigboom
March 29th, 2017, 14:42
Maybe I'm looking at something wrong but the calendar comes up for me as Apr 1, 10am UTC instead of Mar 31, 11pm UTC.

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2017, 15:14
This isn't the same scenario you are running at the Con.. right?

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2017, 15:27
OK.. reading more closely I'm realizing that it is.
As far as I'm concerned... I'd RATHER play it at 6am on Saturday than at 3am during the con... but.. I want to play the second part too.. so.. yeah.. ok. Not sure what to do here.

xazil
March 29th, 2017, 19:44
Fixed the time on the calendar. Time quoted above is correct. Up to you Blackfoot, yes this one I'm running at the con.

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2017, 19:53
Hrm. Well that's an even better time for me... I don't want to mess up your table at the Con and I want to play both parts... those are the only issues for me... oh.. that and getting home by 6pm. :)

xazil
March 29th, 2017, 19:57
Yeah a couple of the time slot regulars have played for the con time but thought I'd give it a go. I'd probably prefer to keep the con table intact as that's why I have the scenario.

KevenSimmons
March 29th, 2017, 22:45
I'm in - either Level 8 Witch, or Level 5 Paladin - would be nice if we were in the higher tier since the witch is with the Exchange faction - but either is fine.

bsktballchmp85
March 30th, 2017, 03:08
im definitely in but will need to play a pre gen as I don't have a character that high yet

xazil
March 30th, 2017, 03:23
I have some level 7 Pregens available. Cleric, barbarian, sorcerer or swashbuckler.

Victor
March 30th, 2017, 20:36
I'm in. I have a pretty wide range of choices. I can do the Cleric if no one wants to be the healer. I have a level 7.

Victor
March 30th, 2017, 22:28
Ok, I am for sure bringing the Cleric. Level 7 and in The Exchange.

bsktballchmp85
March 30th, 2017, 23:02
well what does the party need?

xazil
March 30th, 2017, 23:29
You have a witch, cleric and inquisitor. I'd suggest a front liner maybe the swashbuckler.

Blackfoot
March 31st, 2017, 00:19
Hrm. There are still only 2 others signed up for the Con event... bother. I'd really rather play with you guys than at 3am.

xazil
March 31st, 2017, 01:52
Thanks Blackfoot, I appreciate it.

Blackfoot
March 31st, 2017, 02:50
Here is Stick's info, just in case.
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128IccDq0VJUNOGSEUTVRBZLGfvzHsLFXCHsLJrRmqb8/edit?usp=sharing)

xazil
April 1st, 2017, 06:55
Thanks for coming along everyone, good game. Hopefully the Con version works out as well. :)

KevenSimmons
April 3rd, 2017, 11:54
Thanks for running - Melanie had fun too ;)