PDA

View Full Version : Help editing ruleset...

whitepinkbun
March 29th, 2017, 07:04
Me and my friends use a lot of homebrew, switching to fantasy grounds we would love to keep being able to use it. Long story short I am having trouble with a few things.

See attached Pic,
Cant figure out how to add more then one extra lot of skills, I thought I had figured it out but I cant add to the tabs.
Cant figure out how to add another tab "Icon"?
the tabs got a little messed up at the bottom...

Can anyone help me fix these things? Or point me in a good direction?

damned
March 29th, 2017, 07:49
The current skills tab will take a very large (unlimited?) number of entries.
Adding another tab is so not that simple...
You do have to define another tab and the graphics etc for it but you cant just copy the other tabs contents because they will both be looking at the same section of the database. You will just have duplicate content in each one.
Im not saying it cant be done but i am saying there is a lot more to it.

To add another tab you might look at the (old) MoreCore extension it should show you how to add another tab and its graphics etc.
But there duplicating the skills will require you to get in to the code and the database and understand how/why/where it reads and writes stuff.

whitepinkbun
March 29th, 2017, 07:58
Yeah I have been looking at it xD, and it has got new content in it I managed to define that by adding more xml, Ive managed to get all 3 to add an extra skill now but they aren't under there headers, there all at the bottom again, I know .net but Ive never touched lua rofl... I might just remove the 2 headers and just leave it at one header.

damned
March 29th, 2017, 08:50
If you have programming experience dont be put off - Im sure LUA and XML wont be too big a hurdle if you really want to make those changes then.
If you post very specific questions the code gurus like Moon Wizard and Trenloe may be able to point you in the right direction.
Another member celestian has been modifying 5e to build a AD&D2e ruleset and he might also have encountered some of your issues.

whitepinkbun
March 29th, 2017, 12:19
If you have programming experience dont be put off - Im sure LUA and XML wont be too big a hurdle if you really want to make those changes then.
If you post very specific questions the code gurus like Moon Wizard and Trenloe may be able to point you in the right direction.
Another member celestian has been modifying 5e to build a AD&D2e ruleset and he might also have encountered some of your issues.

Thanks for the boost of confidence, I've decided to start from scratch and hopefully pay a bit more attention, this is also helping me learn LUA after all haha, once I get a bit more of a feel for the code I might be able to ask in a bit more direct way for the code gurus hehe.

whitepinkbun
March 30th, 2017, 00:37
Ive fixed a fair chunk of my problems but now I am still having trouble with the caption to the tab can not figure it out spend a good 15 hours on it now lol - and the tab at the bottom is still messed up looking it's driving me nuts, I changed the tabs.png but no dice, LUA seems a lot more complicated then .net lol

Edit:
Figured that out the clunky bottom - forgot to change the rect value in framedef.... for the tabs.png... Now all I have to do is figure out how to put a damn label to the extra tab, I cant find the titles as written values and it appears they aren't pngs.... I'm quite at a loss. xD

damned
March 30th, 2017, 10:58
5e is a layered ruleset. Much of the 5e code is in the CoreRPG ruleset including all the tab labels....