PDA

View Full Version : Why can players modify their own XP's??

SneakyHaggus
March 28th, 2017, 01:18
Hello all. As a new GM I find it a little frustrating that the players can modify and access certain things on the character sheet. Is there a way to lock this??

I did a search and didn't find this topic. Sorry if it exists already.

damned
March 28th, 2017, 01:41
Hey SneakyHaggus. The more your players can do the better for you as a GM. You dont want to have to do everything. If you think your players are cheating ask them (not in front of the others) why. Maybe it was an accident, maybe they were messing around, maybe they thought they would get away with it, maybe they feel they need more juice to really enjoy themselves... If you dont want it to happen spell it out nice and clear and enforce it with wraiths.

Andraax
March 28th, 2017, 01:42
When you were playing face to face RPGs, you were able to "lock" the XP field on their paper character sheets?

FG replicates face to face gaming.

I only play with people who I can trust to not dork up the game.

SneakyHaggus
March 28th, 2017, 02:05
That's what I was thinking. I want them to be responsible for some book keeping but I thought access to that could be blocked. Thanks damned.

Nickademus
March 28th, 2017, 02:14
Hey SneakyHaggus. The more your players can do the better for you as a GM. You dont want to have to do everything. If you think your players are cheating ask them (not in front of the others) why. Maybe it was an accident, maybe they were messing around, maybe they thought they would get away with it, maybe they feel they need more juice to really enjoy themselves... If you dont want it to happen spell it out nice and clear and enforce it with wraiths.

Wraiths are kinda bland in some rulesets. I use specters.

JohnD
March 28th, 2017, 02:18
What are you talking about I always start a new character with 1,000,000 experience points.

damned
March 28th, 2017, 02:40
Yeah dont let it stress you. You may find (especially with 5e) that you do away with XP as a leveling device and just level up at various milestones in the adventure.