PDA

View Full Version : Beasts and Barbarians Steel Edition?

goodmanje
March 26th, 2017, 20:09
Are there any plans to create a Beasts and Barbarians Steel Edition conversion for FG once it's released?

Talyn
March 26th, 2017, 21:00
You'd have to ask the conversion author. I think it was Atrill maybe? I know he did the recent adventure DLC anyway.
I'm just hoping he decides to update B&B (and Nemezis) with a reference manual, personally.

Atrill
March 28th, 2017, 22:20
Sure, this is possible. But I think we need more adventures before this. I want to create at least 3.

Atrill
December 20th, 2017, 17:19
Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition conversion is started today.

goodmanje
December 20th, 2017, 18:56
Yes!! Thank you.

LongShot
December 23rd, 2017, 20:52
Great!!

Atrill
January 21st, 2018, 11:00
Steel Edition Player Guide is DONE and sent into updates.
All owners of gold edition will recieve this module soon.
Game Master Guide will be ready in april-march.

LongShot
January 22nd, 2018, 01:40
Thank you Atrill! Dog Brother of the lands of loin cloth clad barbarians!

Atrill
January 25th, 2018, 14:12
News about conversion.
Publisher wants this two products to be separated. Do not worry! All owners of the gold edition still will get the steel one as promised. But this separation cause some new problems.
If someone will buy an adventure module, it MUST works with any of two Beasts and Barbarians versions (we do not know which of two versions customer have). Because of this we need to update all adventures (and the gold edition rulebook module too) and can't publish the steel edition before all adventures will be works with both of rulebooks. And we can't publish player guide alone too.
ETA of GM guide + rebuild of advintures: 1-3 months. Sorry for another delay. I very like this setting too!

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 14:48
Because of this we need to update all adventures (and the gold edition rulebook module too) and can't publish the steel edition before all adventures will be works with both of rulebooks. And we can't publish player guide alone too.
You don't need to update the adventures if the base data structure is the same, you can use the <acceptfrom> tag in the ruleset to indicate which other ruleset modules can be opened.

Here's an example from the 3.5E base.xml file:

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="PFRPG" />
</importinfo>

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 14:51
The ruleset is still Savage Worlds, though.

I thought he was telling us in Discord a few days ago that the underlying markup and/or data paths in Steel Edition are different from Gold which was causing the problem?

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 14:53
The ruleset is still Savage Worlds, though.

I thought he was telling us in Discord a few days ago that the underlying markup and/or data paths in Steel Edition are different from Gold which was causing the problem?
Oh, OK. So there's going to be a complete overhaul of the data paths in each ruleset and/or module so that they are the same for both?

Atrill
January 25th, 2018, 15:05
Yes, inner structure of two editions is different.
The Gold Edition created with raw XML. The Steel Edition created via SWEL.
This will cause refactoring of the Gold Edition and adventures.

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 15:13
Hey, Maksim, did you try loading the adventures into Steel Edition? Savage Worlds still has the same data paths, so they should work regardless of what tools you used to create with.

Atrill
January 25th, 2018, 15:39
Beasts and Barbarians have own edges and powers. It is used by NPCs so exists as not working links.

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 15:56
In that case, make sure Gold and Steel both have the same data paths and naming schemes. Once they match, change those edges and powers in the NPCs to wildcard links @* rather than @modulename links, then they will work for whichever one the user has loaded.

Atrill
January 25th, 2018, 16:15
Thank you for advice :)

Dracones
January 25th, 2018, 22:38
News about conversion.
Publisher wants this two products to be separated. Do not worry! All owners of the gold edition still will get the steel one as promised. But this separation cause some new problems.

Pretty cool of Gramel to be giving a free upgrade from gold to steel edition. Maybe when you get close to finishing you can have it show-cased on FG Fridays and get some new eyes on the setting. I own the steel PDFs and they're awesome. Probably my favorite fantasy setting for Savage Worlds.

Atrill
January 26th, 2018, 07:39
It's cool, but my English is too bad for shows. Maybe Gramel can

Atrill
February 26th, 2018, 12:01
Work at Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition GM guide is STARTED. ETA: 2-4 weeks

goodmanje
February 26th, 2018, 18:53
Work at Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition GM guide is STARTED. ETA: 2-4 weeks

Good news!! I hope the awesome theme doesn’t change though. I love the current look of B&B.

LongShot
March 4th, 2018, 03:35
Awesome sauce!

GunnarGreybeard
April 6th, 2018, 06:43
It's been 2-4 weeks. :D Any word on Beasts & Barbarians Steel?

Atrill
April 6th, 2018, 11:29
Almost done the bestiary.
In a days will start converting the adventure included into Steel Edition.

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2018, 08:12
Almost done the bestiary.
In a days will start converting the adventure included into Steel Edition.
No rush. Was just seeking an update as I am really looking forward to this.

Atrill
April 15th, 2018, 16:26
So, The Steel Edition is finished!
But we have some bad news.
First, we have to wait of release SW ruleset v4.6.
But this is not so bad as second part....
Publisher changed his mind about business model of Steel Edition. And, guys, I cannot do anything there.
Steel Edition will not be free for GE owners, unfortunately. All who bought previous version will get a discount for Steel Edition, however.
And I will rebuilding all previous and future classic adventures so its will be work WITH BOTH versions of rules, so you can buy the new one only if you want.
Golden Edition of Barbarians will be removed from the store after SE release, but all owners of the GE will keep the old version in their library so nothing will be lost.

goodmanje
April 19th, 2018, 13:57
Awesome! Looking forward to it.

ProfDogg
May 30th, 2018, 03:20
So, The Steel Edition is finished!
But we have some bad news.
First, we have to wait of release SW ruleset v4.6.
But this is not so bad as second part....
Publisher changed his mind about business model of Steel Edition. And, guys, I cannot do anything there.
Steel Edition will not be free for GE owners, unfortunately. All who bought previous version will get a discount for Steel Edition, however.
And I will rebuilding all previous and future classic adventures so its will be work WITH BOTH versions of rules, so you can buy the new one only if you want.
Golden Edition of Barbarians will be removed from the store after SE release, but all owners of the GE will keep the old version in their library so nothing will be lost.

Ready to buy it! How do we get the discount?

Trenloe
May 30th, 2018, 04:44
Ready to buy it! How do we get the discount?
I’ve just tried this - add the SE product to your cart. If you’re logged in, and your FG order history has the GE products, then you’ll get a $10 discount for the relevant GE product you already own.

dragonheels
May 31st, 2018, 14:47
Hello,
Is the content of the player guide included in the GM edition?

Atrill
May 31st, 2018, 16:02
Hello,

No. PDFs is separated in the main store, so FG products too.

ProfDogg
May 31st, 2018, 19:24
Hello,

No, separate material in each.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2018, 21:25
In the products sold in the store, the GM purchase comes with the player module. The player module is also sold separately.

As described by the others, the player module contains the material that is expected to be shared with the players (basic rules, races, items, etc.), while the GM modules contain materials that should not be shared (settings, adventures, etc.)

Regards,
JPG

Eru the One
June 1st, 2018, 03:55
Just some feedback. The theme for SE is still GE and I don't see the option to change the decals using that extension.

LatinaBunny
June 16th, 2018, 01:07
So I'm confused. The GM edition does NOT contain the Player edition information? So I would have to buy both GM and Player modules for all of the information and Edges, etc?

I wanted to make sure before I bought them both.

Trenloe
June 16th, 2018, 03:32
So I'm confused. The GM edition does NOT contain the Player edition information? So I would have to buy both GM and Player modules for all of the information and Edges, etc?

I wanted to make sure before I bought them both.
Correct. They are 2 different products - based off these:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/229002/Beasts--Barbarians-Steel-Edition-Player-Guide
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/229003/Beasts--Barbarians-Steel-Edition-Game-Master-Guide

dragonheels
June 16th, 2018, 12:48
In the products sold in the store, the GM purchase comes with the player module. The player module is also sold separately.

As described by the others, the player module contains the material that is expected to be shared with the players (basic rules, races, items, etc.), while the GM modules contain materials that should not be shared (settings, adventures, etc.)

Regards,
JPG

I didn't buy it yet, but wish too.
How about what Moon Wizard said here above ?

GunnarGreybeard
June 16th, 2018, 14:16

Regards,
JPG

How about what Moon Wizard said here above ?

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing????

ddavison
June 16th, 2018, 15:17
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing????

Moon Wizard is thinking about other products where we (SmiteWorks) splits a bigger product into separate GM and Player versions for the best user experience. In this case, the original source material is already split and you would need both products.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2018, 19:18
I clarified my comments in another thread that this has to do with how the publisher has packaged the content. In this case, B&B Steel Edition is actually two separate books (Player Guide, GM Guide); whereas in some of the other SW settings, it's a single book that we divided into player data and GM data modules.

Our DLC packages often match 1-to-1 with print book releases.

Regards,
JPG

dragonheels
June 17th, 2018, 10:56
Thanks for the clarifications!

LongShot
June 17th, 2018, 23:11
Thanks for the updated info!

adrian gideon
October 5th, 2018, 04:24
I know this was answered, but I'm not sure I understand 100%. If I wanted to run the game, at the minimum I would need the player guide, but as a GM it would be ideal to get the GM guide for setting information, bestiary, etc?

Trenloe
October 5th, 2018, 13:02
If I wanted to run the game, at the minimum I would need the player guide, but as a GM it would be ideal to get the GM guide for setting information, bestiary, etc?
At a minimum all you would *need* is the Savage Worlds FG ruleset - and enter all the data yourself and handle any settings rules manually if needed. Assuming you have the rulebook outside of FG for reference.

adrian gideon
October 5th, 2018, 13:12
I’ll rephrase. If I wish to run the game, which of the two B&B add-ons would be more useful to have? Thanks.

Trenloe
October 5th, 2018, 13:38
I’ll rephrase. If I wish to run the game, which of the two B&B add-ons would be more useful to have? Thanks.
:)

Do you have the two products in print/PDF? If so, you can have a better idea of what would make you, or your players, experience better and would be more useful to your game. Do you want player orientated "Stuff" - background, equipment, edges and hindrances, arcane background, etc., etc.. Or do you want the more GM orientated "stuff"?

Baufrin
November 22nd, 2018, 06:01
Does this discount have an expiration date?

ProfDogg
November 24th, 2018, 15:12
If you are talking about the current sale, yes. It uses the same timeframes as Steam sales so whenever the Steam sale ends expect this one to go away too.

Baufrin
November 25th, 2018, 06:04
I was referring to the discount from having purchased the gold edition. Or was it disabled during the sale?

Razortide
March 7th, 2019, 12:45
I have another question: I've purchased the Players Guide (not the GMs Guide though). Now I am lacking the Extension for the Theme and Arcane Backgrounds - is this part of the GMs Guide or is this a bug?

robert4818
March 8th, 2019, 15:21
Are there any plans to add in the mercenary and gladiator books to Fantasy Grounds?

k410
February 9th, 2020, 14:20
Are any B&B conversions for the SWADE ruleset planned?

goodmanje
February 9th, 2020, 14:31
I wish, that’s my favorite Savage Worlds setting.

Talyn
February 11th, 2020, 22:59
SmiteWorks contacted me earlier today. Atrill is no longer a DLC Developer and agreed to allow me to take over for his projects, which he did downright excellent work on, by the way!

Since B&B is the only projects of his getting customer requests for updates, it will be the first thing I work with. This is a brand-new development and the projects have not even been added to my account yet, but I thought I'd go ahead and make the announcement now.

However... feedback: would you all prefer a "just switch the whole thing to SWADE" approach since everyone loves the New Shiny™ or would you prefer me just build a separate SWADE edition that only the SWADE ruleset sees, then set the SWD so that only the SWD ruleset sees that? (Basically what I did for Lankhmar — built two separate .mod, one for each ruleset. Twice the work.)

ProfDogg
February 12th, 2020, 00:35
SmiteWorks contacted me earlier today. Atrill is no longer a DLC Developer and agreed to allow me to take over for his projects, which he did downright excellent work on, by the way!

Since B&B is the only projects of his getting customer requests for updates, it will be the first thing I work with. This is a brand-new development and the projects have not even been added to my account yet, but I thought I'd go ahead and make the announcement now.

However... feedback: would you all prefer a "just switch the whole thing to SWADE" approach since everyone loves the New Shiny™ or would you prefer me just build a separate SWADE edition that only the SWADE ruleset sees, then set the SWD so that only the SWD ruleset sees that? (Basically what I did for Lankhmar — built two separate .mod, one for each ruleset. Twice the work.)

I vote just leave any current modules as is and focus on any new additional content (albeit make it "shiny"). GM's can do the SWADE conversion fairly easily the way the ruleset works now. I would love to see all of the other modules added to the library though. You can always go back and adjust older content later when you get more free time.

goodmanje
February 12th, 2020, 00:36
Awesome news! I'm OK with a SWADE only update myself.

Eru the One
February 12th, 2020, 01:07
I'd like a SWADE only version as well, or at least the updates within FG so I don't need the PDF if we keep the SWD version.

k410
February 12th, 2020, 01:58
I'll defer to other community members who have more of a history with SW and B&B.

My post above was kind of a pre-purchase question to decide whether I should just go with SW Deluxe and the existing B&B modules, or wait for SWADE updates if they were already in the pipeline.

I have also subsequently learned that it is fairly easy to run the Steel Edition material with the SWADE ruleset.

But I don't have any time/money/learning investment in either version of SW yet, or in B&B (other than the bundle of PDFs which I just bought from BoH), so whatever reasonable plan works for the most people would be fine with me.

Talyn
February 12th, 2020, 03:52
My post above was kind of a pre-purchase question to decide whether I should just go with SW Deluxe and the existing B&B modules, or wait for SWADE updates if they were already in the pipeline.

"So far" the program has just been to offer a free upgrade, so if you buy B&B now (SWD) you'd automatically get the SWADE edition free when I get it finished. I haven't been told otherwise for B&B, yet.

Valyar
February 12th, 2020, 06:27
Will there be price review?

k410
February 12th, 2020, 14:28
"So far" the program has just been to offer a free upgrade, so if you buy B&B now (SWD) you'd automatically get the SWADE edition free when I get it finished. I haven't been told otherwise for B&B, yet.

Thanks, Talyn. I'll keep that in mind. (Still sorting out which systems and settings I want to focus on first.)

Talyn
February 13th, 2020, 20:32
SmiteWorks put me in charge of the entire B&B lineup last night. However, I was instructed that only the Steel Edition is to receive updates. The Gold Edition remains as-is, barring any bug fixes, etc. that type of thing. Having said that, I will need to go through each of them to make sure all data paths are identical so that adventures or supplements work with both editions. I recall that being a concern when Atrill was developing Steel Edition but never heard if he addressed it so I will have to look at that before making any updates.

Once I have the SWADE version ready I will make a dedicated feedback thread for it like we've been doing for the various settings.

I do recall seeing requests for other DLC, such as something about mercenaries. Is that Tattered Banners – Bandit Lords and Mercenary Captains ?

I guess that brings me to the question of: most B&B products were for Gold Edition. Did GRAmel (or anyone else) ever publish a Gold -> Steel conversion guide, or a summary of what was added/changed for Steel?

ProfDogg
February 13th, 2020, 21:10
SmiteWorks put me in charge of the entire B&B lineup last night. However, I was instructed that only the Steel Edition is to receive updates. The Gold Edition remains as-is, barring any bug fixes, etc. that type of thing. Having said that, I will need to go through each of them to make sure all data paths are identical so that adventures or supplements work with both editions. I recall that being a concern when Atrill was developing Steel Edition but never heard if he addressed it so I will have to look at that before making any updates.

Once I have the SWADE version ready I will make a dedicated feedback thread for it like we've been doing for the various settings.

I do recall seeing requests for other DLC, such as something about mercenaries. Is that Tattered Banners – Bandit Lords and Mercenary Captains ?

I guess that brings me to the question of: most B&B products were for Gold Edition. Did GRAmel (or anyone else) ever publish a Gold -> Steel conversion guide, or a summary of what was added/changed for Steel?

There is. It was a free download. Can I just upload it to you somehow?

Talyn
February 13th, 2020, 21:37
Got a link? GRAmel sent me the Steel -> SWADE PDF but I'm just trying to figure out what all they changed going from Gold to Steel.

goodmanje
February 13th, 2020, 22:24
Got a link? GRAmel sent me the Steel -> SWADE PDF but I'm just trying to figure out what all they changed going from Gold to Steel.

I’ll have to check but I don’t think was any rule changes with Steel. They advanced the timeline, provided some new lore and added edges and hindrances if I remember correctly.

ProfDogg
February 13th, 2020, 22:56
Here you go: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/285969/Beasts-and-Barbarians-Adventure-Edition-Update?cPath=6186_25009

ProfDogg
February 13th, 2020, 23:25
There are definitely some gaps in the changes. I just took my Steel Edition FG set, converted it to SWADE using the auto-tool, and then corrected a lot of things as they popped up. The big thing was the skill & advantage conversion but Pinnacle provided those guidelines on their conversion guide.

Talyn
February 14th, 2020, 15:38
Ok the B&B theme and Steel decal look fine for me since I'm still running 1080p here, but the actual images are really small. How do they look for those of you running higher resolutions?

Also, being the extremely picky type that I am, I'll be switching all the "Beasts and Barbarians" to the correct "Beasts & Barbarians" (with the ampersand) and I've already added the displayname tag so we can easily read the titles and editions of the core books rather than "BB SE Player." I just hope each title isn't too long now?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31609&stc=1&d=1581714520

Valyar
February 24th, 2020, 14:41
So is there update being worked on to make it SWADE compatible or at least to update the files for the theme to be available in the SWADE ruleset?

Talyn
February 24th, 2020, 14:58
Will be working on the SWADE update soon. Theme is available for me in SWADE as-is though. Not sure why you're not seeing it?

Valyar
February 24th, 2020, 22:49
Will be working on the SWADE update soon. Theme is available for me in SWADE as-is though. Not sure why you're not seeing it?
I haven't purchased the products yet, I was under the impression from few posts above that the theme is not functioning. The price is very steep for two modules and I am not sure I will be on the wagon or will go pure SWADE with custom module.

Talyn
February 24th, 2020, 23:06
As usual, the publisher (GRAmel in this case) sets the prices here for FG. The prices match their PDF prices on DriveThru from what I've seen (notwithstanding sales/bundles).

The theme works fine, there's just some 9-slice math I will need to look at and I still question the decal on greater than 1080p screens but no one has shown me a 4k screenshot yet with the decal so...
I'm awaiting to see if Atrill provides QA with his original art assets he used to create the buttons since Unity has its new 'Assets' button. If not I will probably remove the buttons altogether and work up a minimalist sidebar since that's been all the rage lately with themes.

Talyn
February 25th, 2020, 16:45
QA heard back from Atrill, and apparently he did not keep any of the source files??? Who does that? Anyway, that means this will take longer than planned as I will have to reverse-engineer the entire product one record at a time to reproduce the SWEL source used to create it, then make the SWADE adjustments.

That also means I will definitely have to create new sidebar buttons with new art, so at this point my plan is to go @damned-style minimalist.

Moon Wizard
February 25th, 2020, 18:29
Maybe go text buttons over a single button graphic like MadBeardMan...I think we're moving that way long term anyway. Unique buttons per record type is problematic for theming.

JPG

Talyn
February 25th, 2020, 19:53
That's what I was referring to. I'll still need some sort of graphic background for the text buttons, however, so it's not a freebie "get out of I'm not a Graphic Artist Jail card."

Mortar
February 25th, 2020, 21:58
Maybe go text buttons over a single button graphic like MadBeardMan...I think we're moving that way long term anyway. Unique buttons per record type is problematic for theming.

JPG

Only if you are somebody like Doswelk :P

Talyn
February 25th, 2020, 23:29
Only if you are somebody like Doswelk :P

Oooooh! SHOTS FIRED! :p

goodmanje
February 26th, 2020, 07:06
Uh oh... The look of the the theme is going to change? Its the nicest one out there.

Talyn
February 26th, 2020, 13:41
The round buttons will be going away, it'll be more like 2E and a bunch of other newer ones where the buttons are text labels and take up less space so you can have more buttons as GM.

Talyn
February 26th, 2020, 14:04

JPG

On that line of thinking, what are your thoughts about adding a generic button hook to CoreRPG so we can just define that rather than having to define a dozen+ buttons? (Though if we define them all, they override the generic?)

goodmanje
February 26th, 2020, 14:05
The round buttons will be going away, it'll be more like 2E and a bunch of other newer ones where the buttons are text labels and take up less space so you can have more buttons as GM.

That will be nice actually. The rest of the theme is perfection so I was hoping none of that changed. Thanks!

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2020, 18:11
All in good time, Talyn. It's actually quite an undertaking to replace a system that's integrated into 20+ rulesets. I've been prototyping some options with Dominic, but it's not as high priority as other projects he is working on right now.

Regards,
JPG

Baufrin
February 28th, 2020, 02:29
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/229002/Beasts--Barbarians-Steel-Edition-Player-Guide?cPath=25009
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/229003/Beasts--Barbarians-Steel-Edition-Game-Master-Guide?cPath=25009

If you look at the links you will see the PDFs are 15.99 each. Has been for quite a while now.

Talyn
February 28th, 2020, 03:09
I'm showing them currently discounted to $15.99 with a normal price of $24.99?

Regardless, don't shoot the messenger and all. I have no say in the matter; that's purely between GRAmel and SmiteWorks.

Baufrin
February 28th, 2020, 05:04
I am not shooting the messenger at all they lowered the price on the pdfs a while ago and have maintained the price. Just a heads up is all it is. There also have a pdf bundle set up for the steel edition. Just didn't want you guys to keep saying it's the same price as the pdf when it hasn't been that way for a while. Might be a chance for Smite Works to reach out and see if they want to do a change to the price and or set up a bundle for Beasts & Barbarians.

Talyn
February 28th, 2020, 15:09
A bundle won't happen until or unless I crank out more supplements. I think the minimum is 10 (???) products? Maybe it's 12 but I think 10 is what I was told.

One thing I just noticed is that doing a search for "beasts and barbarians" on the FG Store only brings up the "Death of a Tyrant" adventure. Searching for "beasts & barbarians" brings up that, the two Steel Edition books, and "Garden of Death." There's more than 4 B&B DLC out there, right? Has the older Gold Edtion DLC been removed too?

Mortar
February 28th, 2020, 15:20
I have "The Daughter of the Golden Scorpion" and "Vengeance o the Branded Devils" on my library. Neither are tagged as B&B...at least not until they are loaded.

Talyn
February 28th, 2020, 15:34
"The Daughter of the Golden Scorpion" is the adventure in the Steel Edition GM Guide so that's why it was split off into a separate .mod. I had to Google for "Vengeance of the Branded Devils" but that was apparently the adventure in the Gold Edtion GM Guide.

So, sounds like the entire B&B product line still only has those four DLC in the store? I can't even bring up the Gold Edition DLC so I'm guessing it was removed at some point?

Mortar
February 28th, 2020, 15:48
Well...get to work on them then :P

Talyn
February 28th, 2020, 19:23
Well...get to work on them then :P

To borrow Moon Wizard's line above, all in due time, Mortar. :)

(I mentally hear him saying that like Shrek saying "that'll do, Donkey, that'll do.")

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2020, 19:42
Lol. I'm totally going to use that line next time you ask for something.

JPG

Mortar
February 28th, 2020, 20:14
Lol. I'm totally going to use that line next time you ask for something.

JPG

Give him about 5 minutes...

Talyn
April 1st, 2020, 23:33
Theme Prototype 001

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32944&stc=1&d=1585779705

The font color is the exact same as the toolbox buttons, but I feel they're a bit too 'dim' for usability during a game, so I'll end up choosing a new value. At some point I'll have to fix the 9-slice math on this theme, as it's always been wrong. (I'm laughing at the thought of me "fixing" 9-slice math, since I've never managed to get it correct myself. @damned I need your help!)

So, going from there, as I stated awhile back (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37457-Beasts-and-Barbarians-Steel-Edition&p=476008&viewfull=1#post476008) when I was initially put on the B&B project, the orders were that Gold Edition does not receive updates (however, I will be cleaning up its Library entries) only Steel Edition. More recently, their plan for Steel Edition is that they want it totally converted over to SWADE. Fine, that's doable.

I haven't asked about anything new though. All the B&B sourcebooks were obviously written for SWD. Steel Edition does have a handful of adventures so when I do those, those will also be SWADE-only.

But I'm open for feedback. Sourcebooks like Tricarnia, Jalizar, and so on ... would you rather those be left alone and developed for Gold Edition (SWD) and only worry about being SWADE-specific for the actual material published for Steel Edition? (I'm trying to avoid developing two products for one package, which ends up being twice the work for half the return.)

Edit: It occurred to me after posting this that Gold Editon is no longer available for sale anyway. So I guess I could SWADE-ify pretty much everything, although doing so would leave the existing Gold Edition customers out in the cold...

goodmanje
April 2nd, 2020, 00:59
Those sourcebooks are greatness and full of extra material. I would selfishly like to see them converted to SWADE..... but that's just me.

Valyar
April 2nd, 2020, 17:15
If I buy the Players' and GM modules now, do I get this very nice looking skin? Are the two modules already SWADE compatible or this is another product that will have ot be purchased separately?

Talyn
April 2nd, 2020, 17:22
Right now, you'll get the default theme which is what you see above except a smaller decal and the sidebar buttons are round button graphics rather than text labels. They are also the normal SWD editions. Once I get the SWADE updates ready, I will create a new feedback thread like we're supposed to do now, and the new stuff will be in the TEST channel for awhile for playtesting until I clear it to go to the LIVE channel. The SWADE update (which will be default at that point) will be a free patch to existing customers. (For Steel Edition only! Gold Edition will remain SWD.)

Valyar
April 2nd, 2020, 17:53
Thanks for the explanation. If I understand correctly and recall the SWADE ruleset thread in the past, loading the modules in SWADE ruleset will convert the NPC to SWADE ... or it was in CoC 7e this feature only?

Or to put it otherwise - to play now in SWADE what things I have to do manually when modules are loaded?

Talyn
April 2nd, 2020, 17:58
All DLC will load into both SWD and SWADE rulesets right now. You can manually make any adjustments that are absolutely necessary, other things the ruleset handles. Like Charisma was removed for SWADE so if you load a SWD NPC, it just won't show it. SWADE did remove a handful of Edges, Hindrances and a few other things so if you happen to encounter any links to those, you'll get an error dialog popup just like you would if you clicked a URL to a website that no longer exists. That's pretty much the only actual "technical hiccup" you'll ever see.

Valyar
April 2nd, 2020, 20:44
Perfect, thanks for the confirmation. I will be getting B&B soon in this case :)

dragonheels
January 15th, 2021, 15:16
How can you activate the beautiful theme with the sword ? I cannot find the setting extension. The modules, players and GM are ok

Talyn
January 15th, 2021, 15:18
The BBSE logo with the sword is a decal and is included in the Setting: Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition extension. It should display by default but if not, the GM can toggle it on in the Options.

dragonheels
January 15th, 2021, 15:20
The BBSE logo with the sword is a decal and is included in the Setting: Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition extension. It should display by default but if not, the GM can toggle it on in the Options.

Thanks Talyn. It workds with SWADE, but not with the Deluxe actually. In this last one, only the modules are available.

Talyn
January 15th, 2021, 15:23
I'll double-check when I get home from work tomorrow then. It may be that the SWD ruleset is blocking anything that only uses the 'SavageWorlds' ruleset name. I'll compare the extension(s) to what the data library modules are set to and make sure they all match. Thanks again! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Although, BBSE technically is SWADE-only here on FG. That may be why I left the 'SWD' ruleset name out of it...

dragonheels
January 15th, 2021, 15:32
Thank you very much. If it's too big time consuming, just let it so and I'll use SWADE. Just that I'm still using Deluxe, though I have SWADE too :)

Talyn
January 15th, 2021, 15:34
Ruleset-wise, you get both rulesets with either purchase, but only the books for the actual ruleset you've purchased. If you have the SWADE books, I'd recommend switching the campaign over so that all the links, etc. work :) Been awhile but I think you can login and use the /swade command in the chat to have the ruleset converted over for you. I'd probably recommend unloading the SWD books before doing that.

dragonheels
January 15th, 2021, 16:22
Yes, the command /swade worked. Thank you!