PDA

View Full Version : Extension for an character sheet tab for advancements

Skellan
March 26th, 2017, 18:29
Hi

Here is an extension that adds an additional tab to the character sheet to track advancements and there are more note fields.

Thanks to Ikael as I wouldn't have figured it out without his help.

---Extension updated 02 March 2019. Fixed by Ikael

Mask_of_winter
March 27th, 2017, 02:01
Man, that's awesome!

Hendell
March 27th, 2017, 02:05
Just loaded this up and works great, I will be keeping this one.
Appreciate this Skellan.

goodmanje
March 29th, 2017, 03:36
Very nice. I like this one a lot.

WansumBeats
March 29th, 2017, 04:19
cant wait to check this out tommorow... love the idea... i make my players write it on the back of thier sheets.

zarlor
March 29th, 2017, 13:19
Thanks. I guess the thing I might note about this is that the tab appears to be named "Other" and it seems like the Contacts tab (might be from another extension) is also named "Other", which makes it a little confusing as to which one has which things on it.

Skellan
March 29th, 2017, 17:53
Yeah, ideally I would like to change it, but it looks like it will be a lot of work to change that one label. I might look into it in future.

zarlor
March 29th, 2017, 18:54
Yeah, taking a quick look at the files in the extension it did look like it wouldn't be an easy change. Still useful as is, though!

Talen
April 16th, 2017, 05:47
This appears to work with the latest FG update - but will it work with the pending SW ruleset update?

JohnD
April 16th, 2017, 06:49
Nicely done.

Ikael
April 16th, 2017, 08:31
This appears to work with the latest FG update - but will it work with the pending SW ruleset update?

It will work, but would require updates to support re-sizing, but it's not deal breaker

Skellan
April 16th, 2017, 08:57
Cool, thanks Ikael. I will update it for resizing after the new version is released if I am able.

Actually, this extension seems popular and as there are so many sw settings that people use, I imagine people would like additional room for notes. Is there any chance of making this part of the sw core ruleset?

Ikael
April 16th, 2017, 09:21
Cool, thanks Ikael. I will update it for resizing after the new version is released if I am able.

Actually, this extension seems popular and as there are so many sw settings that people use, I imagine people would like additional room for notes. Is there any chance of making this part of the sw core ruleset?

It's possible and I am looking for candidates to fill the extra space in Main and Notes tab-pages. I will think about this

Skellan
April 16th, 2017, 09:24
It's possible and I am looking for candidates to fill the extra space in Main and Notes tab-pages. I will think about this

woohoo

GunbunnyFuFu
February 9th, 2019, 23:22
Sadly, this extension seems to have been broken.

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (advances) in windowclass (charsheet_additional)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (framed_list_scrollbar) in windowclass (charsheet_additional)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (framed_list_scrollbar) in windowclass (charsheet_additional)

Any ideas?

Skellan
February 10th, 2019, 09:52
Hi GB,

I have updated the extension in post 1, it should work now. Let me know if you have any issues.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 10th, 2019, 16:24
Thanks Skellan!! Excellent work!

GB

Ikael
March 2nd, 2019, 17:13
Skellan, this extension has caused issues for Savage Worlds Deluxe v4.8 and Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.0 rulesets. Seems that this extension previously defined string typed field named "advances". The "advances" field is preserved for ruleset purposes and the data type must be number. This is causing following error in rulesets:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (advances) in windowclass (charsheet_traits)

We should plan migration ruleset for the extension that would fix the issue. Ping me up in Discord when you have time and lets device update that would fix the issue.

Skellan
March 2nd, 2019, 17:36
Sorry folks - I am working with Ikael to find a solution

Skellan
March 2nd, 2019, 20:58
This extension has been fixed by Ikael (thanks Ikael!)

Ikael
March 2nd, 2019, 21:42
I must also point out that if you have used this extension in the past in your campaign but stopped using it, you should at least launcher your campaign once with this extension enabled. Previous version was causing the database issue and this new updated version contains migration rule that will fix the issue.