PDA

View Full Version : 2e AD&D game

yeknom
March 26th, 2017, 16:44
FG License: GM has Ultimate License
Game System: AD&D 2e

Time Zone:GMT +8
Day of week and time: Mondays 8pm GMT+8 - 11pm GMT +8.
Planned start date:3rd of July, 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice Only at present, reserve the right for video in the future.
Voice software used: My teamspeak serve until I switch to Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70/30 Combat - Traps-Tricks-Parley/Roleplay
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 players
Character starting level & equipment:Level 1, to be generated in session 0
Character restrictions: Player's Handbook races and classes, as well as half orc.

Details of your scenario: I will run the original Temple of Elemental Evil and beyond in the World of Greyhawk (From The Ashes Deities set in the year 576).

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2592

Players will need to be willing to play the game with the others players and not in attempt to be in competition with them. Players will need to have a decent, noise free, means of speaking to other players and will need to be available during the game with no outside distractions. Reliable and on time players only. I will drop any players that I feel are not contributing to the enjoyment of the entire group.

L. R. Ballard
March 26th, 2017, 18:08
Game System: AD&D 2e (Celestian's Ruleset), Homebrew world

Out of curiosity, where can one find Celestian's ruleset, and is it by-the-books 2e?

celestian
March 26th, 2017, 21:31
Hi all,

FG License: GM Has full license
Game System: AD&D 2e (Celestian's Ruleset), Homebrew world

Time Zone: GMT +8
Day of week and time: Varies, usually Wednesday from 8:30 - 11:30 pm GMT +8 and one other day of the week (Sunday mornings, Friday nights, whenever I can squeeze the time in really).

Have a game I play in Wednesdays and Fridays (and Saturdays) already or I'd love to play. Do let me know how things work out for the ruleset and keep sending me those suggestions and bugs ;)

L. R. Ballard
March 26th, 2017, 21:35
Have a game I play in Wednesdays and Fridays (and Saturdays) already or I'd love to play. Do let me know how things work out for the ruleset and keep sending me those suggestions and bugs ;)

:cool:, thanks!

yeknom
March 26th, 2017, 22:52

Will do.

yeknom
March 26th, 2017, 22:54
Out of curiosity, where can one find Celestian's ruleset, and is it by-the-books 2e?

You'd have to talk to Celestian about the ruleset. In answer to your second question, yes it is.

L. R. Ballard
March 26th, 2017, 23:24
I have. He PMed me.

Mastodon
April 26th, 2017, 06:47
i'd love to play some ad&d 2nd ed

yeknom
June 16th, 2017, 14:08
Bump

yeknom
July 3rd, 2017, 15:39
Had a drop out prior to session zero, the group could use one more to give us a solid 7.

yeknom
July 27th, 2017, 04:37
A player changed jobs and is no longer available at the time we have our games. This leaves us one player short. If anyone is interested drop a line here or PM me.

yeknom
August 2nd, 2017, 15:18
Looking for one to join the group.

yeknom
August 4th, 2017, 04:16
Still looking for one more.

yeknom
August 5th, 2017, 14:58
Here's an update on our group.

Our group is looking for 1 friendly and easy-going player who will be part of the group to join our Temple of Elemental Evil group. We believe that the ToEE is best played with 6-8 characters and we are at 7 characters at present. Given that real life often interferes we do not expect every player to be present every session, though the ToEE is more than capable of challenging 8 players. If you have ever played any of the old Gygax adventures you know that you can never have enough characters!
We will be using AD&D 2e rules with none of the player reference handbooks at all and only the weapon descriptions from the combat and tactics book. The game will be set in Greyhawk in 576 C.Y.
The game will take place at 8pm GMT/UMT +8, every Monday. 8pm Hong Kong time, Monday. That’s 6 am US Central time, 8 am US East Coast time, 10pm Australian Central time, 1 am UK time. Each session will last 3 hours, give or take, with the occasional session being a bit longer if all agree beforehand.
The ruleset itself is designed by Celestian and tweaked by several of our players for our gaming group. It is a work in progress but handles everything very smoothly and has many of the bells and whistles you expect to see from all the newer Fantasy Ground products.
We use whatsapp to handle basic scheduling, not discord, as whatsapp is allowed at our workplaces. We use a private teamspeak server for voice chat, though when everyone has sorted out their discord we will use it instead. We handle downtime activity via a private forum. We reserve the right to record the adventure as it progresses in the future.
If you would like to know more feel free to contact me. I am happy to speak with you but we needr only one more serious minded, group oriented, dedicated player.

yeknom
August 6th, 2017, 14:11
Game is full for now.

yeknom
August 29th, 2017, 00:39
Room for one more. Ideally they would pick up the character that has been vacated, a third level wizard.

yeknom
September 23rd, 2017, 04:41
Sadly due to time constraints on my end and on the end of several of the players this game has become a Pathfinder game. Pathfinder is a great system and we are going to roll with it. In the future when time permits we will return to 2e.