PDA

View Full Version : Maps not saving

yeknom
March 26th, 2017, 16:30
Hi all,

My maps are not saving. When I put a grid on them and Mask them and then /save (or not /save) and exit the game they are not masked and have no grid when I load back in. It happens in every system I have tried it on (Pathfinder, 5e, 2 Core by celestian, Core Rules, Savage Worlds) and with or without extensions. Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks for any help and advice offered.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2017, 16:57
Check the information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

yeknom
March 26th, 2017, 16:58
Thanks Trenloe! Will do.

yeknom
March 27th, 2017, 10:41
Check the information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

I tried that and still have the same problem. It only recently began happening, maybe since the last update I did on FG. I am currently running 3.2.3

damned
March 27th, 2017, 11:06
I tried that and still have the same problem. It only recently began happening, maybe since the last update I did on FG. I am currently running 3.2.3

Open your campaign folder and create a text file and save it. Rename it. Add some text and save. Delete it. Do you have any issues doing this?

yeknom
March 27th, 2017, 11:28
Open your campaign folder and create a text file and save it. Rename it. Add some text and save. Delete it. Do you have any issues doing this?

I was able to do all of that.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2017, 15:05
Is other campaign data not being save? Can you create a Story entry, enter some text, then exit the campaign and when you reload is the new data there?

If that works, please provide a screenshot of the image changes you make before you exit and then what you see when you reload FG?

yeknom
March 27th, 2017, 23:19
Is other campaign data not being save? Can you create a Story entry, enter some text, then exit the campaign and when you reload is the new data there?

If that works, please provide a screenshot of the image changes you make before you exit and then what you see when you reload FG?

Thanks Trenloe,

I am able to create and edit a story entry. I have attached screenshots that show I put a mask on before exiting and after reloading the mask disappears.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2017, 23:32
You need to check some of those extensions for compatibility! But, that's a different story, and I don't think it's affecting this.

When you add a mask, please check the campaign data directory - there should the a directory called "maskedimages" - check for a .png file in there that will be a black image that is the shape of the mask. This file should appear as soon as you close the image you have just masked. You don't need to exit FG.

Andraax
March 27th, 2017, 23:49
As a side note - that GM Ownership extension should not be needed anymore; I'm pretty sure that that functionality has been added to the ruleset itself.

yeknom
March 28th, 2017, 01:53
You need to check some of those extensions for compatibility! But, that's a different story, and I don't think it's affecting this.

When you add a mask, please check the campaign data directory - there should the a directory called "maskedimages" - check for a .png file in there that will be a black image that is the shape of the mask. This file should appear as soon as you close the image you have just masked. You don't need to exit FG.

Thanks Trenloe,

I have tried it without extensions and with extensions and the same issue arises. I will try what you asked after I get home from work today and see if that helps anything.

yeknom
March 28th, 2017, 01:54
As a side note - that GM Ownership extension should not be needed anymore; I'm pretty sure that that functionality has been added to the ruleset itself.

Thanks Andraax, I'll remove that asap.

yeknom
March 28th, 2017, 14:21

There is no maskedimage in the campaign folder. I tried it for the two campaigns that seem to be having the issue and there were no masked images. I tried it for an older campaign and the images were there. I made a new campaign put an image in there and it was there.

damned
March 28th, 2017, 14:24
Are you able to add new images to this campaign?
If not re-apply windows permissions to that campaign folder.

yeknom
March 28th, 2017, 15:29
Are you able to add new images to this campaign?
If not re-apply windows permissions to that campaign folder.

Thanks Damned,

I can add new images but they will not remain masked. Let me try what you suggest.

yeknom
March 28th, 2017, 15:35
I exported the campaign as a module and the moved the module to a different place. I then deleted the original campaign and started a new campaign with a new name and put the module in the module file and opened it. That works. I have no idea why.

Thanks for the help all.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2017, 15:58
That's weird. Maybe the maskedimages folder got deleted at some point. Perhaps just recreating it might have fixed the issue. Or, as damned mentioned, the access rights for that specific campaign folder needed resetting.