PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e and adding races and classes

dmkevin
March 25th, 2017, 23:33
I do miss playing and dm'ing 3.5e. I saw with the recent FG update that we can create characters and classes. There is some calculations being performed such as when you add a class and the hitpoints are calculated etc.

I have been messing around with it adding one or two classes from the other 3.5 books but I cannot determine what can or cannot be done with these new changes. Anyone gotten anywhere with this?

Bidmaron
March 26th, 2017, 03:20
dmkevin, most of the stuff isn't in yet. It will come with 3.3. And it won't be very much stuff. Please go to the laboratory 3.3 thread, and you can see the changes coming.

dmkevin
March 26th, 2017, 10:30
Thanks for that.

I also notice however that I cannot import 3.5e characters from Herolab whether as xml or hlfg formats.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2017, 17:08
I also notice however that I cannot import 3.5e characters from Herolab whether as xml or hlfg formats.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37390-Cannot-import-any-character-from-Hero-Lab-to-Pathfinder-campaign&p=328294&viewfull=1#post328294

SparrowHawk
April 8th, 2017, 10:03
Actually, it's why I joined. I'm considering going with this, but our house rules are extensive, and we have a number of custom classes, treasures, and so forth. How does this software handle it? Is it even possible?
Bob

Blahness98
April 9th, 2017, 03:20
It depends on the rules that you are changing. Any examples that you can give for the changes for your house rules? If there are limited mechanics changes, you can just enter as you go. If the mechanics of the system change, then you may run into issues.