PDA

View Full Version : LFG 5E Friday Night - Sunday Night Standard License, Core +Wizard 1 Shot or Campaign.

JasonRazCalZevr
March 25th, 2017, 23:32
FG License: Standard. If I can get enough experience I may buy Ultimate and DM.
Time Zone: -4 GMT, EDT. I am more than willing to play with folks around GMT 0, or GMT+5 ish, because I can play in the afternoon, morning or evening.
Day(s): Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If it is a campaign, I prefer a set time frame. I can work other things around game time given a 2 day notice. Once a time is set, I can maintain the same schedule.
Term: Long term, one-shot, multi session campaign.
Voice: I am familiar with Discord, and if it will run on a tablet, I can use it. So far discord works perfectly on my tablet.

Game System Preferred: 5E(for now).
Game System Experience: I have only played 5E so far.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to Fantasy Grounds, only played a one shot so far, but it was easy enough.

Character Type Preferred: Wizard, Cleric, Rogue, in that order.
About me: I don't have a lot of RPG experienced, but I have learned the mechanics of fantasy grounds quickly so far. I would like more experience, and maybe even a regular campaign. I am quiet until I am comfortable. I love to laugh, and make inappropriate jokes, but I try not to be too offensive. Mature, stable, capable of asking questions and thinking of unique ways of using the tools at hand.
In real life I speak, read and write two languages. I am an introvert for the most part, and I am unfortunately capable at understanding people. My job involves explaining to people that make 5x my salary that I do in fact know more about my portion of the business than they do, and that I am there to support them, and their needs, not just to report them to their boss when they can't follow up.
In D&D I am looking to laugh, and have fun while bending to forces of creation in order to set the world on fire, or smiting the godless. Depending upon the class I play.

damned
March 25th, 2017, 23:40
Welcome JasonRazCalZevr

JasonRazCalZevr
March 26th, 2017, 14:20
Thank you sir,

I saw in another post you mentioned pickup games on the voice server. I wondered how such a thing might be done on Discord.

Sophie Sinclair
March 26th, 2017, 19:38
Hello, hope you are finding what you are looking for.

Hello,

I'm new to the whole Fantasy Grounds thing. I join a single game for one night and had a lot of fun. I missed having rules and the role of the dice while risking it all. Most of the RP I have done has been free form through the f-list site. Now before you go running away, I'm not looking for that sort of game.

I like the idea of my character being somewhat like Red Sonja, just not nearly as tough. I'm very descriptive with my actions and I have fun losing as much as winning. I would like to try some single session solo play a few times before I join a group. Its just a comfort level thing with me, want to ease back into the whole D&D thing. I'm open to most types of RP, even if I'm the heroine in peril begging for her life. All I ask is the GM be open minded.

Please send me a message if you would like to RP together. Let me know what you like out of an RP, and what makes it fun for you.

I'm free most Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays PST or GMT -8 all day.

JasonRazCalZevr
March 26th, 2017, 19:52
Thank you Lovely Sophie,

I dream of a time when we can adventure together searching for loot and slaughtering foes.

Perhaps even stealing the hearts of men, whether by grace and poise, or a sharpened sacrificial dagger I care not.

I dream of a time when I set fire to our foes while you cut them in half with your warrior strength.

A dream in which we have other companions, each as unique as we, with abilities and motives that coincide with our own, even if only temporarily.

A dream of a team cutting through the world with only our whim to guide us.

(Too much?) lol.

Thanks Sophie.

damned
March 27th, 2017, 00:37
Hi Sophie Sinclair you might find the Dungeon World one shot at FG Con to your Red Sonja tastes. See my Signature for the link - it is *very early* Friday for you though... i mean *very, very early*.

Hi JasonRazCalZevr as a GM there are many ways/places to hang your shingle and advertise for players. I prefer the forums myself but over the years I have used many different websites to recruit players. Reddit is another good place to pick up players if you dont find them here. The post about Discord was specifically for a GM looking to organise a game for that same evening - and for that I suggested Discord as you are interacting with others who are actively engaging in something FG at that time. I find short notice pickup games are hard to pull off simply because of the time commitment.