PDA

View Full Version : Players Handbook Theme - Progress

TheSpartanShow
March 25th, 2017, 17:52
I've never done any work like this before and I have just been fumbling about on Fantasy Grounds designing a Players Handbook theme. I was wondering if there was a complete listing of all the assets we can manipulate. For example, Font Color on the Party Sheet, framdef for the token window.

Anyway, I haven't done much and have been borrowing and learning from the FGPro theme and the Curse of Strahd theme, but here is what I have after a few hours of fiddling around.

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2017, 18:35
You'll find them all (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36035-Art-Asset-List-for-5e-Themes) here.

GarthGiantbane
March 25th, 2017, 19:10
Nice Job! I like the black right edge and plain buttons with labels on them. It looks like you're getting along nicely, keep it up... please :)

ll00ll00ll00ll
March 25th, 2017, 20:05
PM me with specific questions, I will do my best to help you out with this stuff.

If you're working from my fgPro extension, under the file "graphics-fonts.xml" you will need to go to these specific lines to modify the font colors:
<!-- Party Sheet -->
<font name="label_ps_name">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
<color value="000000" />
</font>
<font name="list-empty-ps">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/italic-10.fgf" />
<color value="000000" />
</font>

For the token window, go to "graphics-frames.xml", then look for:
<!-- Token Bag -->
<framedef name="tokenbag">
<bitmap file="graphics/fgpro_graphics/utilitybox3.png" />
<offset>68,75,77,51</offset>
<insideoffset>0,0,18,16</insideoffset>
</framedef>

to modify the art used for the token window, you will need to modify the graphics file "utilitybox3.png", or create your own file, then put that file name in this position.

I like how you're handling the buttons on the right, I see you're using the Curse of Strahd theme for that. I think that's much cleaner than how I did it with mine. I may end up making an add-on or something to do the same. Keep up the nice work, and let me know if I can help you locate any of those pesky resources.

TheSpartanShow
March 26th, 2017, 20:28
PM me with specific questions, I will do my best to help you out with this stuff.

If you're working from my fgPro extension, under the file "graphics-fonts.xml" you will need to go to these specific lines to modify the font colors:
<!-- Party Sheet -->
<font name="label_ps_name">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
<color value="000000" />
</font>
<font name="list-empty-ps">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/italic-10.fgf" />
<color value="000000" />
</font>

For the token window, go to "graphics-frames.xml", then look for:
<!-- Token Bag -->
<framedef name="tokenbag">
<bitmap file="graphics/fgpro_graphics/utilitybox3.png" />
<offset>68,75,77,51</offset>
<insideoffset>0,0,18,16</insideoffset>
</framedef>

to modify the art used for the token window, you will need to modify the graphics file "utilitybox3.png", or create your own file, then put that file name in this position.

I like how you're handling the buttons on the right, I see you're using the Curse of Strahd theme for that. I think that's much cleaner than how I did it with mine. I may end up making an add-on or something to do the same. Keep up the nice work, and let me know if I can help you locate any of those pesky resources.

Awesome! Yes, if you have Discord it would be great to be able to direct message you on there with small questions. Currently I am just going through other themes people have made to learn. If you want, feel free to join discord.gg/thespartanshow (https://discord.gg/thespartanshow) and thanks a ton for the help!

edit: this is the area of the party sheet I cant seem to change the font of - https://gyazo.com/3c1d986a979ca53aca577bd4f7813b39

Nickademus
March 26th, 2017, 21:41
These are all instances of 'label_ps' in template_ps.xml which inherits 'label' in template_common.xml which uses the font sheetlabel. Below is the declaration.

<template name="label">
<stringcontrol>
<anchored height="20" />
<font>sheetlabel</font>
<nodrag />
<readonly />
</stringcontrol>
</template>

damned
March 27th, 2017, 00:24
When working on a project like this you will need to determine at which point you change the base font definition or you create a new font definition and change the font that those particular elements use. There are pro's and con's to both.

TheSpartanShow
March 27th, 2017, 04:17
These are all instances of 'label_ps' in template_ps.xml which inherits 'label' in template_common.xml which uses the font sheetlabel. Below is the declaration.

<template name="label">
<stringcontrol>
<anchored height="20" />
<font>sheetlabel</font>
<nodrag />
<readonly />
</stringcontrol>
</template>

Much thanks!

TheSpartanShow
March 27th, 2017, 12:29
https://gyazo.com/944e87a7717580d8a27d9183e1b32c00

Can't seem to get these padlock buttons aligned right.. has anyone been successful with this?

Nickademus
March 27th, 2017, 14:37
Can you describe the changes you are making?

ll00ll00ll00ll
March 27th, 2017, 19:39
https://gyazo.com/944e87a7717580d8a27d9183e1b32c00

Can't seem to get these padlock buttons aligned right.. has anyone been successful with this?

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, but I believe what you are possibly looking for is located in the CoreRPG / campaign / template_campaign.xml

then you're looking for the lines:
<template name="icon_record_locked">

and

<template name="button_record_locked">

Under each of those is the callout for the position, be careful to use the merge-join rules, don't include any of the extraneous code (this was one of my bigger mistakes with my first few iterations). Then you need to tell call out the "template_campaign.xml" in your extension.xml

How I found this out was to scroll through all of the corerpg resources until I found a padlock image, which I then noted the name (padlock_closed.png & padlock_open.png) I then used those names to search through all of the corerpg ruleset for those specific names, which are called out in the "graphics_icons.xml" file, then in that I picked up the corresponding icon callout "padlock_open & padlock_closed", which I then searched in the corerpg ruleset. There were two additional files that looked like locks (image_locked.png & record_readonly.png) If the lock alignment can't be modified with the template_campaign.xml file I noted above, then you may want to search out those other resources.

TheSpartanShow
March 28th, 2017, 20:39
Can you describe the changes you are making?

So I am attempting to remove the grey header and position the lock accordingly for each window type. It would be nice to make the headers for each window a little more uniform as well as far as height and link, title, subtitle, etc..
https://i.gyazo.com/bd2d58d4e87ab77bf1ae3325e544fd8a.jpg

In all reality, while making it uniform, all windows should look relatively like this example:
https://i.gyazo.com/4170f03c30f1c9dc2c5bf011f0c4ee67.png

ll00ll00ll00ll
March 28th, 2017, 21:03
It would be nice to make the headers for each window a little more uniform as well as far as height and link, title, subtitle, etc.

In all reality, while making it uniform, all windows should look relatively like this example:

Oh man, that's where I stopped with mine... I looked down that road, madness lies that way! Can't wait to see how you figure this one out.

I'm pretty sure the gray title bar is called: headergray.png

I basically got rid of that by having a blank resource called headergray.png. I'm sure there's a more elegant way to achieve it, but that was the easiest way for me at the time. So, basically it's still there, it's just invisible for all intents and purposes. Any of the header elements you will see in my Gap or Pro themes are pretty much set in the frame resource file.

Nickademus
March 28th, 2017, 21:19
If the green padlock is where you want the lock symbols to go, you will have to change the anchor points for every instance of the padlock so that they uniformly anchor to the insidetopright of the main window rather than what they are currently anchored to.

Making the headergray.png a blank file is the easiest way to get rid of it. Otherwise do a Find-in-Files for every instance of the "graphics/frames/headergray.png" and remove that element.

TheSpartanShow
March 29th, 2017, 00:18
If the green padlock is where you want the lock symbols to go, you will have to change the anchor points for every instance of the padlock so that they uniformly anchor to the insidetopright of the main window rather than what they are currently anchored to.

Making the headergray.png a blank file is the easiest way to get rid of it. Otherwise do a Find-in-Files for every instance of the "graphics/frames/headergray.png" and remove that element.

Oh wow, getting closer.. any chance there is a way to anchor it to the close button?

ll00ll00ll00ll
March 29th, 2017, 01:42
Oh wow, getting closer.. any chance there is a way to anchor it to the close button?

Barring that, you could possibly set the position of the locks first, then go in and modify the close and help buttons from off of that. There are only about 25 total instances to adjust, and about 9 of them are help buttons, which are basically the close button locations minus a few pixels in the horizontal. Also, I'm pretty sure most of the close buttons have the same offsets. So, rather than try and re-code it to make the locks work off of the close button, you could possibly achieve it this way. I would be interested to see how it would be possible to have the locks anchored to the close buttons though...

Nickademus
March 29th, 2017, 04:57

Sure. Set your close button anchored to the top right corner with a left anchor relation of relative, then anchor your lock and help to the left side of the close button with a left anchor of current.

SapperCrutch
September 21st, 2017, 06:54
Is this by chance finished, and can you post the .ext?

Mr. Hound
March 8th, 2018, 17:56
I really want this theme, is it available yet?

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2018, 19:07
I really want this theme, is it available yet?

The OP's last activity on the forums was approximately a year ago, so perhaps don't hold your breath.