PDA

View Full Version : How to re-arrange/set dice more accurately?

Gothstaff
March 25th, 2017, 03:25
Long story short: I would like to set the dice into a different position, is there a way to make them drop exactly where you want to set them to a new position? I've tried holding different keys down to no avail.

Thanks!

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2017, 03:44
I remember someone asking a similar question many months ago. I believe the solution was write an extension or to modify the campaign.xml file with exact coordinates. But I don't remember more than that, sorry.

Nickademus
March 25th, 2017, 04:21
In the ruleset folder (after unpacking it), edit the gameelements.xml file. There are multiple <die> entries that represent the various dice. Change the x and y values in the <position> element to change the starting position of the dice. Though, the host's ruleset is used thus the players can't change their own dice positions this way.

An extension would make this more permanent. For each die, make an entry such as the following with the new x,y values.

<die name="d6" merge="join">
<position merge="replace">445,-70</position>
</die>

damned
March 25th, 2017, 08:48
Please note that the extension will set the position for GM and Players alike. It is the only way to place dice accurately.