PDA

View Full Version : Responding to FormattedText Links

Nickademus
March 24th, 2017, 00:49
Since the actual text block of a formattedtext is outside the purview of rulesets and extensions, I was wondering if there was any way to respond to a link in the formattedtext being clicked. The links contain a class and recordname that are used to create a window, but is there any other information that is passed to the new window or is there an event that fires when the link is clicked? A standard windowreferencecontrol also contains a description string that is used to display the text. Do the formattedtext links pass along the string value that they contain?

Moon Wizard
March 24th, 2017, 04:30
No. Similar code is used across the FG client to open windows in different locations, including formatted text and link controls. All that is passed is the windowclass and data path.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
March 24th, 2017, 11:07
Alright. I think I know a way around this (for my instance at least). I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info.

Nickademus
March 25th, 2017, 02:41
So, got this to work. One thing did pop up though.

Is there an event that occurs when a window with the <softclose /> property is closed? The onClose() doesn't happen since the window doesn't fully close.
Alternately, is there a place to put code that will occur when the Close Window radial menu option is chosen? Seems that some of the radial menu options are hard-coded outside the rulesets.

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2017, 18:38
No, there are no events on the soft close, or on the Close Window menu (unless softclose not set, then you have onClose).

JPG

Nickademus
March 25th, 2017, 20:08
Alright. Thanks.