PDA

View Full Version : Text Size

Tubel
March 23rd, 2017, 12:31
Hi Everyone!

It's been a few years since i last loaded up FG and I'm excited by the new features and life it seems to have. But I must have gotten older too, because boy does the text look small to me :-) This may be a stupid question but is there a way to increase the general font size? I couldn't find a setting on first look and a rudimentary forum search hasn't uncovered anything.

glad to be back

Dave

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2017, 12:36
Welcome back!

You can increase (or decrease) the UI scale by typing /scalui X into the chat (where X is a number between 50 and 200). You may also find this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25600-Using-FG-at-the-tabletop&p=227962&viewfull=1#post227962) useful.

damned
March 23rd, 2017, 12:37
Hi Tubel you can try the chat command /scaleui 125 (substitute 125 for any number but Id suggest you stay within 50 and 200) or look at any of the various Big Fonts extensions.

Tubel
March 23rd, 2017, 12:42
brilliant! thank you both for the super swift replies!

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2017, 13:26
Incredibly I got in first even though damned is a lot closer to you :)

GarthGiantbane
March 23rd, 2017, 17:57
Hi,

You didn't mention which ruleset you used but if 5E and you are DM'ing, I recommend the following font size extensions. There's a 14 pt increase in the first post and a 12pt change a few posts farther down.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35568-Another-14-pt-font-extension

I had a problem with this as well. I liked the scaled down UI so I could fit more stuff on the screen but the text was really hard to read so I added the 12 pt font extension and it worked really well. Now I find myself on the player side of the table and if the DM doesn't load the extension then I have the same problem. I'd like to see a setting for font size in the options and I voted for it on the suggestion site. I had forgotten I scaled the UI to 80% so I will probably go to 120% as a player and see if that helps the font readability for me.

Hope this helps.