View Full Version : LFP - 5e, 5Players

Ar0n
March 23rd, 2017, 12:09
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone:EDT
Day of week and time: Friday 1 pm
If new game, planned start date: April
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week, about 4 hours.
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Game Experience: I've played Tabletops for 15 years. I started with AD&D and played 3rd, 4th, and now 5th. I've also played many other games like Vampire, Mutants and Masterminds, and Pathfinder.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to it but I've watched a ton of vids. I've only played in one game that lasted a few sessions.
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for around 5 players.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 3, standard starting equipment
Character restrictions: Monstrous races- pm me about it. I don't like evil alignments. From my experience people play them as disruptive and uncooperative, but I am willing to discuss this because I want people to be happy with their characters, or if the entire party wants to be evil :ogre:. There may be some others, but we can discuss it more privately or during session 0.

Details of your scenario: I'm looking to run in either Ebberon or Forgotten Realms. I've ran mostly FR but I do like the Ebberon setting. I hope the players will influence this. I want to run it as an episodic campaign. The players will be responsible for gathering info on adventures and then deciding which one they want to do. At the end of the session, or sometime during the week, players can submit downtime activities for their character to accomplish leading up to the next session.

Dark Beast
March 23rd, 2017, 16:35
Darn. Was excited til I saw the 'No Monsterous Races'. Still looking for a game for my Kobold. Good luck with your game. :)

Ar0n
March 23rd, 2017, 20:33
Post edit - Pm me about monstrous races.

Dark Beast
March 23rd, 2017, 21:11
Post edit - Pm me about monstrous races.
PM's sent. Fear the crack that can come from my brain. And that's not even the Kobold idea. :D

Arcanix
March 23rd, 2017, 23:03
Im interested, i dont have a lvl 3 toon though.

Preferred is ranged and healer.

Wood Elf - Druid (summons) - lvl 1
Half-Dryad - Healer - lvl 1 (the healer class)
Half-Dryad - Hunter Variant (sniper assassin) - lvl 1
Human - Cleric, healer - lvl 1
High Elf - Wizard - (nuke) - lvl 1
Ghost, Mindful Spirit - Cryomancer - lvl 1
Forest Gnome - Sorceror - lvl 1
Gemini, Emerald Bloodline - Artificer - lvl 1

Druid and the sniper are my picks.

Tylindell28
March 24th, 2017, 01:44
What resources do you have, wanting players to use? Volo's, Sword Coast, EE, Unearthed Arcana, PHB? Also, would it be possible to begin the game one hour earlier? I understand if not. But if it wouldn't be an inconvenience, I would be able and happy to join. I am experienced in both 5e and fg, and love them both. I have a lot of ideas for characters, and would likely play something that would fit the party well. That being said, I love to play morally grey characters, and almost never play someone who is pure good or evil. The characters that I play that are lawful don't necessarily follow the laws of the land, as apposed to following a core set of beliefs or laws or codes and sticking to those when making decisions (even if those decisions might not be something my characters would do otherwise).

Arcanix
March 24th, 2017, 01:49
My toons are of the good alignment. The Dryad healer would be Chaotic Good, the rest Lawful or Neutral.

JediPearce
March 24th, 2017, 02:37
I would be super interested in joining your group if you choose Eberron - I've always like the theme since I found out about it in 4e, but never played a game in the setting. Plus your time works for me too!

FG License: I used to have a "Lite" license, but now it says free? I suppose I could upgrade if needed.
Time Zone: GMT-5 (EST = so on hour behind your EDT)
Term: I'm looking for a long term 5e game
Voice: Discord is fine

Game System Experience: I was introduced during 4e, and have since switched to 5e (except for one group that's been playing for years working towards level 30). I'm very comfortable with 5e (I even DM it).
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I haven't used Fantasy Grounds since 2014, so I'm a bit out of date (I've been using Roll20 since then). But I'm willing to put in the work to catch up!
Character Type Preferred: I'd like to play a Awakened Mystic or a Moon Druid, and in both cases like filling a scout role (with a more striker focus for the mystic and more tank for the druid). I'm open to pretty much any class and role, but prefer to stay away from spellcasters (except for the Druid and occasionally the Warlock). I want to see if there's any Eberron conversion content to get a feel for what will work best thematically.

About me: I'm a marketing technology director working remotely for a American non-profit while living in Colombia, South America. I am also a musician and freelance graphic designer. I've been married for about three months now, which is why I'm looking for games that aren't in the evenings (my wife highly values our time together). I love groups with good chemistry, humor, and lore appreciation.

EDIT: I found this resource for Eberron content for 5th Ed. www.eberron5e.com (https://www.eberron5e.com)

EDIT 2: This guide to Eberron races (https://www.eberron5e.com/creating-a-character/races/races-of-eberron) is a great starting point I've found.

Dark Beast
March 24th, 2017, 02:44
I love groups with good chemistry, humor, and lore appreciation.
Agreed about this. And also players who actively do some roleplay in their rollplay. ;)

Nothing kills fun faster than if your character is built to be interactive and people don't.

I'm pretty flexible with either setting if chosen. I haven't stated what I'm playing for sure yet if chosen...

Mostly because I need to make sure what I want to do will fly. If not I have tons of ideas. :D

Dark Beast
March 24th, 2017, 03:05
EDIT: I found this resource for Eberron content for 5th Ed. www.eberron5e.com (https://www.eberron5e.com)

The first Unearthed Arcana from D&D also had a healthy helping of Eberron. https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Eberron_v1.pdf

Including one of my favorite not fully official in 5E races yet... the awesome Minotaur. :D

Wait... no. The Minotaurs were later in Krynn's UA stuff. - https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Waterborne_v3.pdf

JediPearce
March 24th, 2017, 03:31
one of my favorite not fully official in 5E races yet... the awesome Minotaur. :D

Minotaurs are indeed awesome. I love how they are sailors in Krynn.

JediPearce
March 24th, 2017, 03:37
Also, Eberron Classes (https://www.eberron5e.com/creating-a-character/class-and-archetype-list).

Ar0n
March 24th, 2017, 05:16
I have Volo's SCAG, EE, and PHB. I havent gotten the UA extension yet, but some of that stuff I dont care for so we can go case by case for UA

JediPearce
March 24th, 2017, 13:31
Of course! :cool:

JediPearce
March 24th, 2017, 14:13
After reading up on Eberron some more, I would probably want to be a sky sailor (https://www.eberron5e.com/creating-a-character/customization/background/variant-sky-sailor) (PHB variant of the sailor) or an urban bounty hunter (https://www.eberron5e.com/creating-a-character/customization/background/urban-bounty-hunter) (SCAG) (if Eberron was selected for the campaign). Class and race choices would follow depending on your decisions.

gingerknight1701
March 24th, 2017, 17:37
I'm very interested in the sound of this campaign. i don't know a lot about eberron but am willing to look into it if you think it'll help. I have played 5e a couple of times (my groups never seem to last) but never on FG.
Was thinking of playing a Halfling Monk, doing a pilgrimage sort of from my monastery (go out into the world to apply and learn new skills and also learn about yourself) with the acolyte background.
I am a 33 yo McDonalds crew trainer from Wales and have a Standard FG licence.
Hope to hear back from you soon

Rhakadishu
March 24th, 2017, 18:17
This sounds great and works really well with my schedule, send me a PM!

ShinEnma
March 24th, 2017, 20:35
if you have any spots open im interested in joining.

Ar0n
March 26th, 2017, 16:29
Still looking for two more players

DMZeff
March 27th, 2017, 03:12
Hey ar0n,

I'm interested in joining. Let me know what you need to get going.

Tozzax
March 27th, 2017, 19:14
Interested here. Did you decide between eberron and FR yet?

StoriTellar
March 28th, 2017, 07:23
Do you have any more room? I would love to join this as well.

I have a bit of experience in 5e, and have wanted to dust off FG and use it for the first time after my purchase ages ago. It has been hard finding a game that has someone running on Fantasy Grounds. At least for me it has been. I have been playing a lot of Mutants & Masterminds, years now. I recently got into D&D for the first time a few months ago and I want to leave Roll20 so badly, really, Roll20 is killing me.

I have the Ultimate License
I'm in the CST Time Zone
Any voice chat program is fine, recommended either Skype, Discord, or Mumble
Haven't used FG before but I want to learn and use it badly
Any character type can be me but I would like to probably be a Sorcerer, Monk, or Cleric most

lee100868
March 28th, 2017, 21:15
Very interested in this but never played Eb.
Please see details below

FG License:[/B] DM License
Time Zone: GMT
Term: I'm looking for a long term 5e game
Voice: Discord is fine

Game System Experience: Been playing D&D for 30 years now all the way back to basic, played most of the rule sets but always Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Been playing for a bit and also started messing about with making modules and stuff, but still got lots to learn.
Character Type Preferred: Any character as long as I am able to roleplay, that's a big part for me, so wherever the party is weakest I can make up, but like bards and rogues.
About me: 48 year old roleplayer and I have played a lot of games, Vampire, Marvel, Robotech, Rifts, D&D, Recon just to name a few, I am more of a roleplayer than someone who needs the best magical item ever.
If the group is full please let me know and I am sure you will have a great game.

Lee

Lyconius
March 30th, 2017, 03:27
This game is literally what I've been looking for!!!! I am slightly new to D&D 5e, but pretty sure I know all the basics. I've been searching for a friday morning/afternoon game forever. I have a dragonborn monk rolled up and a High-elf wizard.

Ar0n
March 30th, 2017, 11:41
The game is full up now. I'm sorry I can't take everyone. Good luck :)