PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Natural Armor Effect Incorrect

LordBalkoth
March 22nd, 2017, 23:02
AC: 2 shield
AC: 2 armor
AC: 2 deflection

All three of those work correctly and do not stack with bonuses on the character sheet. However...

AC: 2 natural

Stacks with the character sheet (so, Barkskin and an Amulet of Natural Armor stack when they shouldn't).

Changing it to

AC: 2 natural armor

results in it not being recognized at all, so that's not the issue either.

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2017, 00:38
Barkskin does stack:"The enhancement bonus provided by barkskin stacks with the target's natural armor bonus, but not with other enhancement bonuses to natural armor. "

So, what I'm saying is that natural armor is more complex than normal. So, make sure you apply the right effect based off whether it stacks or not and what other effects you have.

LordBalkoth
March 23rd, 2017, 00:52
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-natural-armor/

That's an enhancement bonus to natural armor. I put the value for the necklace in the "Nat" category of the character sheet. I then give a "Barkskin" effect to the player, which is also another enhancement bonus. Ergo, they shouldn't stack...but they are.

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2017, 01:11
Sorry, I didn't expand on what I was trying to say. FG doesn't do bonus typing for natural armor within the AC effect - because FG sees "natural" as a bonus, not as a base type . So, make sure you apply the right effect based off whether it stacks or not and what other natural armor effects you have active. i.e. if you know you have an amulet of natural armor +2, and you cast barkskin what would normally add +3 then only add +1 via an effect.

LordBalkoth
March 23rd, 2017, 15:20
So if I'm a Druid and want to buff my party with Barkskin, I have to check with each person to see how much of a Natural Armor Enhancement Bonus they have and give them different versions of the effect? Unlike something like Mage Armor or Shield of Faith?

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2017, 15:58
So if I'm a Druid and want to buff my party with Barkskin, I have to check with each person to see how much of a Natural Armor Enhancement Bonus they have and give them different versions of the effect? Unlike something like Mage Armor or Shield of Faith?
As the system is currently, yes.

It really needs a different effect, something like ACNAT that can have it's own set of bonus types.

Moon Wizard
April 7th, 2017, 23:11
Found the issue. (not looking at correct PC field when applying AC: # natural effects) It will be addressed shortly in v3.3.0 beta.

Regards,
JPG

LordBalkoth
April 8th, 2017, 00:47
Awesome, thanks.