PDA

View Full Version : I bought FG but it looks like there is no games out here??

Fullmetaljacket
December 13th, 2005, 07:15
I bought FG and i see no games on this site or on adventursome dreams to join? Is there other places to join games? I like forgotten realms but greyhawk is fine to. At this point I just want to play I live in Northern Indiana and work 2nd shift with a roataing schedule so my days off are different every week. I'm home by 11 pm every night and I also have one maybe two other friends that would want to play also. We are all very, very, very expericened gamers both in D&D and historical minitures. Please if anyone knows of a group forming or wants some new blood for there group drop me a line thanks.

Fullmetaljacket

Bumamgar
December 13th, 2005, 20:32
Oh, there are games out there :)

My Saturday campaign is full, but I know one of my players is starting an Eberron campaign soon, not sure if he'll have room or not.

Also, I believe SmiteWorks has a "matchmaking" type system in the works to help folks find games.

I suspect you'll get some more useful replies to this post, just give it some time.

kalmarjan
December 13th, 2005, 20:43
Well, FMJ, there is always my game if you are interested.... seems that some of the players are MIA (hey, I have three core players though. WE are always looking for someone to round out the party. Looks like we are going to need a rogue.... hint hint.)

The game runs 10 AM EST every Saturday. If this is good for you, drop me a PM, and look at the WWW link in my sig, join the group, and away we go!

Sandeman

BTW... anyone looking to play a rogue, there is room. Also for a ranger... or another fighter type.

Level 5.... can you say FIREball?

Dupre
December 13th, 2005, 20:55
Also, I believe SmiteWorks has a "matchmaking" type system in the works to help folks find games.

This is indeed the case. It is currently undergoing testing and will be available on this site in the near future.

Alaric
December 13th, 2005, 21:08
I also just bought FG and can't find any games, I would very much like to join you game please let me know what I need to do

thanks,
Alaric

Well, FMJ, there is always my game if you are interested.... seems that some of the players are MIA (hey, I have three core players though. WE are always looking for someone to round out the party. Looks like we are going to need a rogue.... hint hint.)

The game runs 10 AM EST every Saturday. If this is good for you, drop me a PM, and look at the WWW link in my sig, join the group, and away we go!

Sandeman

BTW... anyone looking to play a rogue, there is room. Also for a ranger... or another fighter type.

Level 5.... can you say FIREball?

kalmarjan
December 14th, 2005, 02:04
What you need to do is click here. (https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOEE_fantasygrounds/)

Join the group... and show up.

We play a mix of hack and slash... roleplaying, basically there is something for everyone.

Make your character ahead of time, post it, and we'll see what we can't do.
(Level 4.5)

Welcome!

Sandeman

festivus
December 14th, 2005, 15:32
I currently have a group of three players, we are looking for a fourth. We will be playing through Age of Worms from Dungeon magazine.

Our experience level with d20 rules is a bit new, so be forwarned that the pacing might be slower to start off with if you are an expert player. Getting used to a) Fantasy Grounds and b) D20 will take a little time but we are all experienced roleplayers and should be up to speed fairly quick.

We use Ventrilo for voice chatting so a headset is strongly recommended. We have found this greatly improves the feel of the game session.

If interested please email me <festivus at unex.ucla.edu>

Bumamgar
December 15th, 2005, 20:34
I'm running Age of Worms via FG atm :) My group just finished off Blackwell Keep and are about to embark to the Free City for the first time. The PDF web enhancements provided by Piazo on their website are real time savers in setting up the maps and handouts for FG.

However, my scanner was handy for bringing in the foldout maps of Diamond Lake and the Blackwell Keep tactical map. Of course, whomever designed the BK map apparently figured that you lay seige to a keep by hanging out in the area within 20' of the walls, since the map doesn't extend beyond that :( I had to expand mine....

Of course, I spend way to much time trying to create the perfect tokens, but all-in-all I think my players appreciate it.

If you need tokens or anything, feel free to drop me a note. I don't have anything for The Whispering Cairn because my group was still using GhostOrb for that part of the campaign, but I've made up tokens for the Vecna portion of Three Faces of Evil onward. (Which is when we made the switch to FG)

All my maps and tokens are scaled for 50x50.

Soultaker
December 16th, 2005, 02:25
I am one of FMJ's friends he spoke of. I will be purchasing my FG tomorrow, and shall be looking for a campaign or 3 to be playing in. I work 1st shift Mon-Fri, so most evenings and weekends are great for me.

Soultaker.

kalmarjan
December 16th, 2005, 02:52
Hey! If you want... join up! The more vic... er I mean players the better!

Sandeman

Soultaker
December 16th, 2005, 03:02
I PM'd you, let me know the specifics about it, and we'll be there.

Soultaker.

slowsnake
December 16th, 2005, 10:03
Hi, slowsnake here. I send a pm to you about your game. I'm looking to playing in your game. If you get the pm give me a repy? I've been playing on and off since the early 80's. I also find it hard to find DM's using Voice. I have skype, teamspeak 2 and ventrilo. So if space is open email me. What day are you thinking of runing the game? Thanks for youe time. [email protected]

festivus
December 16th, 2005, 18:53
Perhaps a thread with a standardized subject would help folks find game slots. For example I would like to play as a player on the weekends if I can find space somewhere, but I don't know where to look other than here.

The subject could contain specific information useful to those looking for a game. For example my game might read:

"Thu 8pm-midnight GMT-8 Age of Worms (d20) - 0 open slots"

or

"Sat 7am-9am GMT-8 Boot Hill (2nd Ed) - 4 open slots"

and the text of the post contain some information about the game. I would love to see a matchmaking service but for now, this looks like the best place to look.

-Fest

edit: I don't really have a boot hill game on Sat, was just using as an example!

Snikle
December 16th, 2005, 22:28
Boot Hill!?!?! I am in! Call me, we will play!

j/k :wink: THey still make Boot Hill?

festivus
December 16th, 2005, 23:10
I don't have the rules and char sheets done yet, but yet, eventually I hope to run a boot hill game.

No, they don't make it anymore... but ebay is your friend. :)