PDA

View Full Version : LFG new to fg 5e preferred

March 21st, 2017, 21:54
I have been listening looking for a game on fg for sometime now with no success. What little experience I have with it, is organizing the face-to-face games I dm with a few friends of mine. These friends are the only people I have played with, and we have been playing for about 1-2 years off and on once a week. I say that because I feel like I know how to play D&D 5e, but since I have only played with the same few people, who, especially the other dm, only has combat encounters and metagames the whole session, I feel as though I am a newbie to the game too.

Anyway, I would like to play a game every other week as I work every other week. With that said I'd be willing to play more than once on my week off if possible.

damned
March 22nd, 2017, 04:44
hola asa (you might send an email to support@ and ask them to change your username to something else) have a look at FG Con 10 and also you need to apply to games that GMs post. Very few times will the GM come looking for you.

vodokar
March 22nd, 2017, 05:57
Hey Asa, Damned is right. You can and hopefully will have a great experience here in the coming years, but it is imperative that you take the initiative and be proactive if that is to come true. Game Masters are always in short supply, just like everywhere else, and extremely busy people trying to make great campaigns. The first thing that I notice is that you have only 3 posts, after the several weeks you said you have been around. You need to be more active than that on the forums and in Discord applying for games and getting to know people. Not criticizing, just giving advice; we've all been there and made the same mistake.

Definitely do try to make the FG Con. That is a great way to start making contacts and expose yourself to new games and knowledgeable GM's. And in the meantime, be active in the forums and post in game announcement threads; even if it isn't 5e; don't be afraid to try new things. Almost everyone here plays 5e and/or Pathfinder, so sometimes you'll still make valuable contacts regardless of the current game being played; and besides, you might just find a new game to love.

DivinDoc
March 22nd, 2017, 09:10
Ada i feel where you are comming from i am new to FG been roll playing most of my life gave it up wth 4th and back to it with 5e. But you need to take the lead. I have 2 games i am playing now becuse i possed like you did LFG and been on the calender i have only been exposed to a few players so far but this dose seem to be a very good group give it time and keep at it you will find your way after all us newbie need to stick together

March 22nd, 2017, 14:57
Thanks for the advice. I have been applying for games on the game calendar. I just haven't had any responses, but I'll keep at it and start posting more.

DMdomination
March 22nd, 2017, 20:37
Send me an email at [email protected], I'm looking for a new player for a new game starting soon and maybe our schedules might line up.