PDA

View Full Version : Using purchased content as an exportable module

HavocSmurf
March 20th, 2017, 00:07
Good afternoon. I have a question. I have purchased a module and I would like to export it as a development module so that I can make a ton of changes, then use that as the base module to export again to my individual player campaigns. Is this possible to do? The paid module is set for levels 1-10, but I need to adjust it to 10+. I still want all the story and map info, but I need to change all the encounters and such to adjust for the players current level.

I created a new campaign and loaded the basic module, but I'd like to export it to a development campaign so that I can make modifications. When I ran the module export tool, I see the new MOD in the mod folder, but it doesn't show up in the module list when I try to open it in the Development campaign I created.

Do I need to drag and drop each entry so it creates a duplicate that can be modified ( like creating monster dupes from the Monster Manual?)

Trenloe
March 20th, 2017, 00:52
When I ran the module export tool, I see the new MOD in the mod folder, but it doesn't show up in the module list when I try to open it in the Development campaign I created.
The module will be tagged for use in the ruleset it was exported from. You will only see the modules in campaigns created for this ruleset.

Do I need to drag and drop each entry so it creates a duplicate that can be modified ( like creating monster dupes from the Monster Manual?)
Yes, but it's also more than this. You'll need to make copies of everything - story, NPCs, items, etc.. But you won't be able to make copies of images/maps within the FG interface and so won't be able to export these into a module. You could take screenshots of the images/maps and load those into your campaign. Then go through and add all of the links/token placement to the new images.

Lots and lots of work, cross checking links, etc..

LordEntrails
March 20th, 2017, 02:11
There is a process outlined here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices that talks about another way of doing something like what you want. (It's near the end of the document attached on post #1)