PDA

View Full Version : A couple of requests....

kalmarjan
December 11th, 2005, 18:17
I was wondering about a couple of things...

1st: My side crashed during yesterdays game. I narrowed it down to a problem with virtual memory on my side. (I think). The hardest part about this, is I lost all my information/maps that I had set up. Annoying to say the least. Is there some way to make FG save the last configuration of maps/token/init tracker?

2nd: I am DMing a very large module with a huge map. I had to break the map into smaller pieces, which gets annoying to replace/rename tokens on these maps. What would be cool is the ability to name the tokens, then place them on any map that is open, and the naming ability be retained. Then I could open up the maps as I go, and just drop the tokan and.... all would be cool. Right now I have to resort to a 5'=25px scale, even with the zooming feature, the maps have to be split up into 16 pages. Imagine having to replace/rename party/monster/npc tokens in the middle of a chase... it is not too fun.

Any thoughts on this?

Sandeman

gurney9999
December 12th, 2005, 20:19
2nd: I am DMing a very large module with a huge map. I had to break the map into smaller pieces, which gets annoying to replace/rename tokens on these maps. What would be cool is the ability to name the tokens, then place them on any map that is open, and the naming ability be retained. Then I could open up the maps as I go, and just drop the tokan and.... all would be cool. Right now I have to resort to a 5'=25px scale, even with the zooming feature, the maps have to be split up into 16 pages. Imagine having to replace/rename party/monster/npc tokens in the middle of a chase... it is not too fun.

Any thoughts on this?

Sandeman
I suggested at one time giving us the ability to link shortcut pins to tokens, to make tokens appear quickly within maps. That way you could set up maps ahead of time with shortcut pins and when you need to use the map you could click on the pin and make the token appear. What you are suggesting might fit within this functionality.

TruthRevisited
December 12th, 2005, 22:40
I suggested at one time giving us the ability to link shortcut pins to tokens, to make tokens appear quickly within maps. That way you could set up maps ahead of time with shortcut pins and when you need to use the map you could click on the pin and make the token appear. What you are suggesting might fit within this functionality.

This is a function I would really like to see. Both actually.

richvalle
December 13th, 2005, 01:41
LOL

I STILL love that picture.

:)

rv