PDA

View Full Version : Question about what books a DM can give access to

Grimlore
March 19th, 2017, 19:38
Can I use my reference manuals in a DM's campaign if he does not own the books himself?

I would like to take things from my Sword Coast Adventure's Guide, but our DM doesnt have this book. We havent tried anything yet, but i'm hoping that if I try to open a book I own, it will just give him an alert and he can authorize it? I've googled this question but not found anything concrete, so I figured I would ask the experts.

Thanks,

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2017, 20:29
You can only use books that the DM has. He can only authorise use of a module if he already has it.

LordEntrails
March 19th, 2017, 20:30
EDIT: Trumped!

Grimlore
March 19th, 2017, 20:35
You can only use books that the DM has. He can only authorise use of a module if he already has it.

Thank you for your answer, even though that is a shame.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2017, 22:43
It's OK Grimlore what you want is in FG. A player can request access to one of their modules - the GM will see a message in the chat window and can go to the Library and allow access to the player's module.

This has been available since FG v3.1.0: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

"Players can request to use modules that are installed locally but not installed by GM. The GM still must approve usage within their campaign via the Library Module Activation window."

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2017, 22:55
Ah, dammit. I thought you could do that you know but I couldn't find the reference. Thanks Trenloe as always. and sorry Grimlore for the false information.

vodokar
March 19th, 2017, 23:31
Even though I've been using this program for years, I seem to still learn something new every day. That is a very good feature. I had built a lot of stuff in a module for DCC RPG, but couldn't access it when I was playing in someone else's campaign...or at least I thought I wouldn't be able to. Now I know I can.