PDA

View Full Version : Interest check: DnD 5e - Island Survival game

TheDux
March 19th, 2017, 06:55
The gist is something akin to Walking Dead meets Lost meets Survivor. The party is shipwrecked and has minimal equipment and must rely on their skills to survive.

The party may have crude implements to start with (chair leg as a club, plank as a great club, etc) but over time they can craft better tools (plank + shaped rock + leather = crappy great axe).

There will be other elements too. The island is not void of life. It is large and you may find the natives aren't welcoming...or maybe they are? There may be dungeon crawls and all the typical elements of dnd but not as abundant.

I will also be implementing variant rules for healing (healers kit deoendancy, slow natural healing) and a version of the long and shot rest variant. Short rest is 8 hours, long rest is 3 days.

Players interested should want to be at a disadvantage and not expect a typical adventure.

I am not sure how the death of a character will be handled. If a new character washes ashore every time someone dies...I dunno. Maybe some more NPCs will also have washed ashore and rather than rerouting the player would pick one and properly build them.

Anyway, if this is an intestine idea, shoot me a message, post on here, just let me know.

RedCon-One
March 20th, 2017, 07:14
Your idea sound intriguing. I like the idea of starting very plain with just the clothes on your back and working your way up, crafting weapons, honing skills. It's similar to something I thought about as well.

What times are you thinking about running your game? What days, hours and for how long? I'm free during the week after work and can probably manage to block out a 3-4 hour game window once a week. Weekends are a little bit harder to schedule as family takes priority on Saturday and Sundays but the occasional game is possible.

I'm in the PST time zone (-8 UTC) so if our times match up, count me in. I'd like to hear more of your idea.

Regards,

John P.

Braveerique
March 20th, 2017, 07:21
I would be interested im just starting in this fantasy grounds thing but i have been playing dnd and i think this would be an exciting start my hours are current 6:00pm-1:00AM Mon-Fri Central Time and most of the time Sat-Sun