PDA

View Full Version : Port 1802...DM or Player?

cyphus5
March 18th, 2017, 23:41
Hey, I've got a problem that's coming up, and maybe a user who has used FG more knows how to tackle this. First, I'll start by saying my port forwarding for 1802 is set and I've been DMing for 10-20 distinct players for the last year, with numerous sessions with said players. I faced the port forwarding thing last year and had to resolve it. My connection tests are always succeeding, except when I turn on DMZ stuff. I thought I'd try that, but apparently I don't know what I'm doing with that. Anyways, switched it off and stuck to just port forwarding 1802.

I've got a player that is interested in joining, and he tried to connect to my FG session to help him make a character for my campaign. He keeps getting a error that reads like so, "incompatible versions, etc". I don't remember the exact words. He and I are both running the latest version of FG (v3.3.0). So, that doesn't make sense. I asked the player to start his own campaign, just to run the connection test and I try to join him. His rig failed the connection test. He does tell me however that he is playing in other games with other GMs. He doesn't have it forwarding the 1802 port, and he seemed leary about trying to do that.

What gives? Is it my side? His? It seems like if he wasn't port forwarding, but it was working with other DMs it should be fine with my session. Any ideas on what is going on?

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2017, 00:38
Incompatible versions means just that, you are running different versions. The latest live version is currently 3.2.3. It sounds like one of you might be on the test version. As you are aware players don't need to port forward but if he plans to be a DM he will need to do so.

cyphus5
March 19th, 2017, 01:39
Thanks. I actually didn't realize I wasn't running the live version. I guess I checked the box for testing version awhile back.