PDA

View Full Version : 08-07 From The Tome Of Righteous Repose - Saturday March 25th

KevenSimmons
March 18th, 2017, 22:42
I'll be running a session of the Pathfinder Society Scenario #8–07: "From the Tome of Righteous Repose" on Saturday March 25th at 16:00 GMT (that's 12:00 noon U.S. Eastern time) - this will be a single, 5 hour game session.
The game will be *normal RPG* (not Core)

This is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 3rd- through 7th-level characters (Subtiers 3–4 and 6–7). It is an "evergreen" module that can be replayed by GMs and Players for credit. Almost all elements of the scenario are modularized so that the GM can assemble the location, map, opponents, hazards, etc. in a multitude of ways making each gaming session unique. I already have some thought for the story arc I plan to use, but it might change based on the character mix that signs up. If you have already played this scenario, send me an email or PM with the story/theme/major opponents you've already played and I'll try to adapt so as not to duplicate elements you may have already experienced.

Please use this thread to register for the game by posting a reply to this thread with your:
Character name, level, class
Previous Chronicle Sheet
Inventory Tracking Sheet
Fantasy Grounds Character XML file
Portrait

And for Xazil, the calendar :D : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2476

if you prefer to send the files in email, you can send them to Keven[at-sign]SimmonsAsylum.com

Also, please vote for your tier preference here: https://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=58d06da4e4b007eacc1d3aa3 (https://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=58d06da4e4b007eacc1d3aa3)

FG Server address/alias: keen roll huge hook [ Ultimate License ]
FG Community TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com password: Dungeoneers

Adventure Background:

Twelve years ago, Venture-Captain Shevar Besnik won a large gambling hall in the city of Vellumis on a bet. While gambling halls are legal in the crusader nation of Lastwall, they draw the scorn of numerous locals who would prefer not to host what they see as dens of vice in their righteous nation. Besnik’s gambling hall does attract some of the seedier elements of society, and the venture captain leverages his access to the miscreants who linger there to learn the latest rumors and gossip. This information often leads him to interesting sites and unclaimed relics before noble crusaders can march in and secure those priceless artifacts for themselves.

In order to retain his foothold in Vellumis, Besnik must curry favor from Lastwall’s pious defenders from time to time. He recently acquired the Tome of Righteous Repose, an old collection of poetic stories of tragic and glorious deaths from the Shining Crusade. The Shining Crusade holds special significance in Lastwall, as this lengthy war against the forces of the infamous lich known as the Whispering Tyrant precipitated the nation’s founding. The tome gives Besnik the opportunity he needs to offer the local nobles an attractive gift, but he knows they are likely to want something more substantial than a moldy tome. Besnik plans to send groups of Pathfinders out to various sites to search for evidence that corroborates the stories in the tome and collect relics along the way. He intends to keep and catalogue the best items, donating the rest to the temples and churches of Lastwall as an offering of goodwill.

xazil
March 18th, 2017, 22:49
I should be able to make this, is there a sign up calendar?

bsktballchmp85
March 18th, 2017, 23:15
im definitely in for this with my level 3 human sorc

KevenSimmons
March 18th, 2017, 23:19
By popular demand, i have created a calendar event.

xazil
March 18th, 2017, 23:25
Also helps on the time zone reading. :)

Blackfoot
March 19th, 2017, 18:38
Sounds good. Sign me up... gotta figure out what character to bring.

Lots of options:
Dowrimple - Male Halfling Cavalier/7.0
Prindlemire - Male Gnome Sorcerer/6.2
Pimblington - Male Gnome Bard/6.0
Grum the Thug - Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/5.0
Inquisitor Stick - Male Tengu Inquisitor/6.0
Daydrocandri - Male Gnome Oracle/3.1
Thumpinollo - Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/3.0
Brom of the Stone - Male Dwarf Menhir Savant Druid/3.2
Spirit Walker - Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/4.2
Thoom - Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/3.0

Blackfoot
March 19th, 2017, 22:01
Wait.. this is replayable? How does THAT work? I mean.. I thought the replay option was only for a specific group of level 1 scenarios...??

JHale1966
March 20th, 2017, 00:28
Wait.. this is replayable? How does THAT work? I mean.. I thought the replay option was only for a specific group of level 1 scenarios...??

It's listed as an Evergreen because there are SO many different ways that you can run it. 3 Areas x 4 ARCs = 12 ways.

I've only run the Orc Troop ARC myself but looking forward to the other variations.

xazil
March 20th, 2017, 02:29
I wouldn't mind doing this on my 6 Dragon disciple rogue, but if lower tier then probably a third level cavalier tank.

And thanks for the calendar. :)

KevenSimmons
March 20th, 2017, 11:13
It's listed as an Evergreen because there are SO many different ways that you can run it. 3 Areas x 4 ARCs = 12 ways.

Also, each arc has 3 different "Major Threats" to choose from, so 12 x 3 = 36. Then if you count the two different tiers, that's 72 :)

JHale1966
March 20th, 2017, 11:52
Also, each arc has 3 different "Major Threats" to choose from, so 12 x 3 = 36. Then if you count the two different tiers, that's 72 :)

Oh yeh - forgot about those. :D

JHale1966
March 20th, 2017, 11:55
I might could do this with a Lvl 4 Cleric (Medic/Healer) - that's only 11am my time. I'll have to see how the week goes.

bigboom
March 20th, 2017, 17:26

Yup, this is the first and currently only re-playable scenario that is not a level 1-2. Cool, huh? :)

HoloGnome
March 20th, 2017, 18:56
No Emerald Spire next week, so I can play this one.

KevenSimmons
March 21st, 2017, 01:05
I have added a Poll on the first post in this thread. Please use it to vote for your tier preference.

Blackfoot
March 22nd, 2017, 23:24
Uh... I don't see a poll.

Blackfoot
March 22nd, 2017, 23:28
OK.. not an FG poll.. so I got confused. 6 voters but only 4 signed up on the calendar.. hrm.

xazil
March 22nd, 2017, 23:32
Two just appeared in the last hour, it was 4 until then, but if you hadn't voted....

KevenSimmons
March 23rd, 2017, 11:15
So we will be in tier 3-4 then which will only require one pregen rather than 2. Or perhaps the one out-of-tier 6-7 character will keep our APL within the 3-4 range, but I don't want one higher-level character to overshadow gameplay for the other players, so we'll see what falls out for character mix.

So far I see the following have been proposed:

Level 4 Cleric (Medic/Healer) [JHale1966 ]
Level 3 human sorcere [ bsktballchmp85 ]
Level 3 Cavalier (tank) [ Xazil ]

xazil
March 23rd, 2017, 11:21
Character emailed. :)

Blackfoot
March 23rd, 2017, 15:03
I'll bring Grum, he is out of sub-tier either way so that makes it simple.
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YAzYLnJ8oiq3SCy1Bz8UkOC1WpyXQa-R3cE9Cvhh98k/edit?usp=sharing)

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2017, 16:55
I will have to look to see what I have at lower level - was kind of hoping to play this one in the upper subtier. I may have an illusionist.

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2017, 17:14
OK so...

Level 4 Cleric (Medic/Healer) [ JHale1966 ]
Level 3 Sorcerer [ bsktballchmp85 ]
Level 3 Cavalier (Tank) [ Xazil ]
Level 5 Rogue (Thug) [ Blackfoot ]

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2017, 17:47
Well...if I have time, Vaergoran Weavestrider, Anti-Aspis Tapestry Ranger/4, or if not then a pregen/4. Looks more like a pregen, but we'll see.

KevenSimmons
March 23rd, 2017, 23:56
Well HG, since my home game is also canceled next week too, I might run another session of this next Saturday (April 1st) and if so, I'll plan to do a 6-7 game.

bsktballchmp85
March 25th, 2017, 02:48
sorry for last minute getting my character to you had to update it and its been a long week

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2017, 04:01
I still don't get how there are 4 players and 6 votes. :)

JHale1966
March 25th, 2017, 08:13
I smooth forgot to get this in...

KevenSimmons
March 25th, 2017, 14:10
I count 5 players so far, with Holognome as yet undecided on a character. Still room for one more.

Level 4 Cleric (Medic/Healer) [ JHale1966 ]
Level 3 Sorcerer [ bsktballchmp85 ]
Level 3 Cavalier (Tank) [ Xazil ]
Level 5 Rogue (Thug) [ Blackfoot ]
.... [Holognome]

HoloGnome
March 25th, 2017, 22:18
Thanks, Keven! Nice run! :)

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2017, 23:35
Here is an updated version of RarDeen with spell effects, channeling, domain abilities, and gear actions.

JHale1966
March 25th, 2017, 23:37
Here is an updated version of RarDeen with spell effects, channeling, domain abilities, and gear actions.

OMG Thank You So Much! :) This should give me a way better understanding of all how that works. :)

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2017, 23:45
OMG Thank You So Much! :) This should give me a way better understanding of all how that works. :)
No probs. I do it pretty much every time for new players when I run starter games. Note that you are well into medium encumbrance so I have set your encumbrance values accordingly, if you drop your backpack (which would bring you down to light) just click the equip button for your armor a few times to switch to just your armor equipped values... then switch it back to 3/-3 when you are carrying your load again. Kinda a pain... but that's where you are with all that gear. :)
Also.. note that I added your domain spells to your spell list with an * at the start.. this will keep them at the top of the list. Since your second domain is an inquisition, you don't get any other domain spells so those are always the same every day... they cannot be swapped out for any other spells.

JHale1966
March 25th, 2017, 23:49
No probs. I do it pretty much every time for new players when I run starter games. Note that you are well into medium encumbrance so I have set your encumbrance values accordingly, if you drop your backpack (which would bring you down to light) just click the equip button for your armor a few times to switch to just your armor equipped values... then switch it back to 3/-3 when you are carrying your load again. Kinda a pain... but that's where you are with all that gear. :)
Also.. note that I added your domain spells to your spell list with an * at the start.. this will keep them at the top of the list. Since your second domain is an inquisition, you don't get any other domain spells so those are always the same every day... they cannot be swapped out for any other spells.

Gotcha. :) Thanks again!

KevenSimmons
March 26th, 2017, 03:51
Here are your chronicles. I have also emailed copies to those of you for whom I have addresses.

JHale1966
March 26th, 2017, 04:33
Thank you! Great game. :)