PDA

View Full Version : custom character sheet help

azhrei331
December 10th, 2005, 04:42
i am in the process of creating a non-d20 ruleset for personal use, which includes a completely new character sheet. however, i am having trouble with the xml code. i believe i brought everything crucial over from the original d20 sheet and edited what i could find in the other files. but when i load the game and create a new character, the sheet does not appear. any insight someone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

jay

Cantstanzya
December 10th, 2005, 07:18
I just sent you a PM to have you send me your ruleset. It is 2:00 in the morning, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Crusader
December 10th, 2005, 10:29
You have to define the image-file used in the d20_graphics.xml, or whatever you call it in your rulesystem.

KyleC
December 10th, 2005, 14:44
And if you are like me, the d20_graphics.xml file didn't install with the other base files. I ended up downloading the d20Modern ruleset found on this forum and borrowed their d20_graphics.xml file.

-KyleC

Cantstanzya
December 15th, 2005, 02:10
I finally got a chance to work on this. In your charsheet.xml file all the way at the bottom there is a windowclass called charsheet. If you replace the code below with what you have, it will work:

<windowclass name="charsheet">
<datasource name="charsheet" />
<defaultsize width="550" height="685" />
<defaultposition x="415" y="50" />
<minimize />
<nodelete />
<playercontrol />
<sheetdata>
<subwindow name="1main">
<class name="charsheet_main" />
<activate />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="2charms">
<class name="charsheet_charms" />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="3items">
<class name="charsheet_items" />
</subwindow>

<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,18,18,78" />
<target name="1main" />
</windowchangecontrol>
<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,100,15,78" />
<target name="2charms" />
</windowchangecontrol>
<windowchangecontrol>
<bounds rect="530,182,15,78" />
<target name="3items" />
</windowchangecontrol>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

This windowclass is the window that will pop up when you bring up the character sheet. You had renamed charsheet_main with exalted_main and this was throwing it off becuase you had defined it above with charsheet_main. You could have renamed the windowclass at the top with exalted_main, but it seemed easier to do it down here.
Acutally I am pretty impressed with what you have done so far, seeing as how you were doing it blind and not actually being able to see what you were doing.
So now your character sheet will come up, but now when you close out FG it will lock up. See if you can figure out why that is, if you need help with that I can help, but it may be good for you to try to figure it out. You don't want me to do it all for you, do you?